Left or Right-handed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Golf is evil - as you mature more spiritually, you'll discover that... um.. Golf starts with a G that rhymes with ... um... D!!!!... and that stands for DEVIL!!!!!
    It also rhymes with P, which stands for pool. So golfing on a pool table in a swimming pool must also be evil (besides tricky).

And I'm right-handed.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

All the cool kids are left-handed. We could teach you.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        Where's our safe space?
        It's over in The Padded Room. Even special jackets to keep you safe from yourself.

Comment

I'm left handed but I would, say, throw a baseball or hit a tennis racket with my right hand. The only two things I really do dominantly with my left hand are write and use scissors.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I was born left handed but was trained, or forced, to use my right hand - something to do with the Devil being left handed, I think. I can still shoot left or right handed, but that is it.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I'm left handed but I would, say, throw a baseball or hit a tennis racket with my right hand. The only two things I really do dominantly with my left hand are write and use scissors.
              Throwing a baseball left-handed is a real challenge for me - I wonder why I can do most everything else left-handed, but if I try throwing a baseball left handed, I look like a girl.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Throwing a baseball left-handed is a real challenge for me - I wonder why I can do most everything else left-handed, but if I try throwing a baseball left handed, I look like a girl.
                Throwing off the wrong foot? That's what I think of when someone says that.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Throwing off the wrong foot? That's what I think of when someone says that.
                  Hmmmm.... hadn't thought of that! It just seems so unnatural....
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

if I try throwing a baseball left handed, I look like a girl.
                    How is that different from your usual look?

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Hmmmm.... hadn't thought of that! It just seems so unnatural....
                      yeah, when you throw right handed, you point your left shoulder and step forward with your left foot. When you switch to throwing left handed, if you should reverse that. Most inexperienced throwers, (boy or girl) throw with the wrong shoulder pointed at the target and step with the wrong foot.

I can throw left handed, not as hard and as accurate because I don't practice it enough...but, if I'm "shooting" a piece of paper at a waste basket, in usually use my left hand.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        How is that different from your usual look?

I don't curtsy when throwing right handed.

Comment

Today is International Left-Hander's Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Today is International Left-Hander's Day!

The other 364 to 365 days are ours

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In honor of left-handed day I found this unknown "hack" for windows users.

You know how Ctrl+X is "cut", Ctrl+C = copy and Ctrl+v is paste?

For left-handers that requires you take your hand off the mouse, or do a really awkward twisting contortion of your right-hand.

But there is actually a left handed version built into windows.

which might or might not be easier, depending on your keyboard layout.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                In honor of left-handed day I found this unknown "hack" for windows users.

You know how Ctrl+X is "cut", Ctrl+C = copy and Ctrl+v is paste?

For left-handers that requires you take your hand off the mouse, or do a really awkward twisting contortion of your right-hand.

But there is actually a left handed version built into windows.

which might or might not be easier, depending on your keyboard layout.
                                161402-onehand_final_original.jpg

Comment