Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rep. Devin Nunez caught on tape.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep. Devin Nunez caught on tape.

Nunez, Republican congressional leader of the House investigation commitee was caught on tape at the private, behind closed doors, fund raiser for fellow republican K. R. McMorris, admitting that the House Russia investigation was a sham and that his, and the republican majority's purpose, is not to conduct an honest investigation, but rather to protect the President. He's caught on audio saying that if Atty. Gen. Sessions doesn't unrecuse, then we, meaning the republican congress, are the only ones who can save the President. He admits that there is an ongoing plan to impeach Rod Rosenstein, but that they are holding off until SC nominee Kavanaugh is voted in so that the Court will be behind them.
    He is also admits on tape that taking secret data from foreign governments is definitely a criminal offense, something that republicans, including the President have been denying.
    Last edited by JimL; 08-08-2018, 08:52 PM.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Nunez, Republican congressional leader of the House investigation commitee was caught on tape at the private, behind closed doors, fund raiser for fellow republican K. R. McMorris, admitting that the House Russia investigation was a sham and that his, and the republican majority's purpose, is not to conduct an honest investigation, but rather to protect the President. He's caught on audio saying that if Atty. Gen. Sessions doesn't unrecuse, then we, meaning the republican congress, are the only ones who can save the President. He admits that there is an ongoing plan to impeach Rod Rosenstein, but that they are holding off until SC nominee Kavanaugh is voted in so that the Court will be behind them.
    He is also admits on tape that taking secret data from foreign governments is definitely a criminal offense, something that republicans, including the President have been denying.
    How about you post what he actually said (and in response to what), rather than your interpretation of the same?
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

no sources no proof you've done the work and no proof what you say here is anything but a false story you are putting out.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        How about you post what he actually said (and in response to what), rather than your interpretation of the same?
        Here you go:

"NBC News just obtained a secret recording of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA-22) speaking at a Republican fundraiser on July 30 in Spokane, Washington. It reveals why House Republicans are working so hard to undermine Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, how they plan to go about impeaching Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and that Nunes secretly believes President Trump is at legal risk.

Nunes spoke about his belief that the House is the only means to protect President Trump and notably expressed worry about a scenario where Mueller finds wrongdoing on the part of President Trump."

https://rantt.com/devin-nunes-caught...t-clear-trump/

Trump's Mini-Me masquerading as the independent House Intelligence Committee Chairman.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Well, since the Democraps have made it their mission to hurl as much poo against the wall hoping something will stick, of course the Republican House is all that is left to protect the President. As we saw with the Clinton Impeachment, the Dems do not care about the law. Should they somehow get a majority in the House, they WILL impeach Trump regardless of if they have actual sufficient evidence to do so, and their vote will be to impeach him just because they hate him.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            Well, since the Democraps have made it their mission to hurl as much poo against the wall hoping something will stick, of course the Republican House is all that is left to protect the President. As we saw with the Clinton Impeachment, the Dems do not care about the law. Should they somehow get a majority in the House, they WILL impeach Trump regardless of if they have actual sufficient evidence to do so, and their vote will be to impeach him just because they hate him.
            Correct the Dems did all they could to protect Clinton.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Here you go:

"NBC News just obtained a secret recording of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA-22) speaking at a Republican fundraiser on July 30 in Spokane, Washington. It reveals why House Republicans are working so hard to undermine Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, how they plan to go about impeaching Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, and that Nunes secretly believes President Trump is at legal risk.

Nunes spoke about his belief that the House is the only means to protect President Trump and notably expressed worry about a scenario where Mueller finds wrongdoing on the part of President Trump."

https://rantt.com/devin-nunes-caught...t-clear-trump/

Trump's Mini-Me masquerading as the independent House Intelligence Committee Chairman.
              Thanks. I suspected Jim was stretching things.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Following the rabbit trail left by Tassman, here is the original story:

The Rachel Maddow Show has obtained exclusive, secret audio of Rep. Devin Nunes speaking candidly to donors at a private fundraiser for Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers.

NBC News: Secret recording shows GOP’s Nunes saying Rosenstein impeachment would delay Supreme Court pick

Below are the transcripts of the portions aired on the August 8, 2018 episode of The Rachel Maddow Show:

Clip #1:

The Rachel Maddow Show, 8/8/18, 8:21 PM ET
                TRMS Exclusive: Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 1
                REP. NUNES (R-CA): “So therein lies, so it’s like your classic Catch-22 situation where we were at a – this puts us in such a tough spot. If Sessions won’t unrecuse and Mueller won’t clear the president, we’re the only ones. Which is really the danger. That’s why I keep, and thank you for saying it by the way, I mean we have to keep all these seats. We have to keep the majority. If we do not keep the majority, all of this goes away.”

Clip #2:

The Rachel Maddow Show, 8/8/18, 8:26 PM ET
                TRMS Exclusive: Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 2
                REP. NUNES (R-CA): “They know it’s ridiculous to go after the president for obstruction of justice. But if they tell a lie often enough and they put it out there and they say, ‘Oh, we’re looking at the tweets,’ cause you know you’ve got a mixed bag on the tweets, right? Like sometimes you love the president’s tweets, sometimes we cringe on the president’s tweets. But they’re trying to make a political, this is all political as to why that story ran in the New York Times on the tweets.”

Clip #3:

The Rachel Maddow Show, 8/8/18, 8:53 PM ET
                TRMS Exclusive: Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 3
                REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Now if somebody thinks that my campaign or Cathy’s campaign is colluding with the Chinese, or you name the country, hey, could happen, it would be a very bad thing if Cathy was getting secrets from the Portuguese, let’s say, just because I’m Portuguese, my family was. So Cathy was getting secret information from the Portuguese. You know, may or may not be unusual. But ultimately let’s say the Portuguese came and brought her some stolen emails. And she decided to release those. Okay, now we have a problem, right? Because somebody stole the emails, gave ‘em to Cathy, Cathy released ‘em. Well, if that’s the case, then that’s criminal.”

Clip #4:

The Rachel Maddow Show, 8/8/18, 9:05 PM ET
                TRMS Exclusive: Devin Nunes at fundraiser audio clip 4
                AUDIENCE MEMBER: “But also, on things that came up in the House on Rosenstein impeachment thing. And it appears from an outsider that the Republicans were not supported.”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “Yeah, well, so it’s a bit complicated, right? And I say that because you have to, so we only have so many months left, right? So if we actually vote to impeach, okay, what that does is that triggers the Senate then has to take it up. Well, and you have to decide what you want right now because the Senate only has so much time. Do you want them to drop everything and not confirm the Supreme Court justice, the new Supreme Court justice? So that’s part of why, I don’t think you have, you’re not getting from, and I’ve said publicly Rosenstein deserves to be impeached. I mean, so, I don’t think you’re gonna get any argument from most of our colleagues. The question is the timing of it right before the election.”

REP. MCMORRIS RODGERS (R-WA): “Also, the Senate has to start –”

REP. NUNES (R-CA): “The Senate would have to start, the Senate would have to drop everything they’re doing and start to, and start with impeachment on Rosenstein. And then take the risk of not getting Kavanaugh confirmed. So it’s not a matter that any of us like Rosenstein. It’s a matter of, it’s a matter of timing.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_tw_maddow

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Yeah!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Well, since the Democraps have made it their mission to hurl as much poo against the wall hoping something will stick, of course the Republican House is all that is left to protect the President.
                    It is the role of the Legislative Branch of Government to protect the Constitution, NOT protect the president.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      It is the role of the Legislative Branch of Government to protect the Constitution, NOT protect the president.
                      Yeah, Democrats NEVER protected Bill Clinton. #DoubleStandardMuch?

Just for grins, Clinton even used his cabinet to defend him, after which.... (from 1998)

Source: CNN

Clinton apologizes to Cabinet

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, Sept. 11) -- President Bill Clinton apologized to his Cabinet and Senate Democrats in painful, private meetings Thursday that produced blunt confrontations about how his behavior hurt his standing with female supporters and Congress.

A Cabinet member told CNN the meeting was "extremely emotional" and said at one point the president cried as he pleaded for forgiveness, asking Cabinet members if they could still trust him.

© Copyright Original Source

"can they still trust him"
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, Democrats NEVER protected Bill Clinton. #DoubleStandardMuch?

Just for grins, Clinton even used his cabinet to defend him, after which.... (from 1998)

Source: CNN

Clinton apologizes to Cabinet

WASHINGTON (AllPolitics, Sept. 11) -- President Bill Clinton apologized to his Cabinet and Senate Democrats in painful, private meetings Thursday that produced blunt confrontations about how his behavior hurt his standing with female supporters and Congress.

A Cabinet member told CNN the meeting was "extremely emotional" and said at one point the president cried as he pleaded for forgiveness, asking Cabinet members if they could still trust him.

© Copyright Original Source

"can they still trust him"
                        I see you belong to the 2 wrongs make a right crowd. Btw, unlike this investigation in which U.S. Intel is behind and there are already multiple guilty pleas as well as numerous indictments, the Starr investigation was naught but a republican witch hunt, demonizing and witch hunting is kind of the republicans modis operandi. Along with self enrichment of themselves and their wealthy benefactors, it's what they spend most of their time doing in place of actual governance!

Comment

I see you belong to the 2 wrongs make a right crowd.
                          More like he's amused at all the huffing and puffing in selective righteous indignation about what is unfortunately business as usual in Washington. Regrettably politicians tend to rally around their leaders much in the same way when then Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi got nailed lying about not knowing about waterboarding and then surrounded herself with a cadre of the biggest most verbose male Senators who would all start talking very loudly in unison whenever a reporter asked her about it so she could slink away without having to say anything.

When I see all this sanctimonious outrage I cannot help about thinking of the classic scene from the movie Casablanca:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            More like he's amused at all the huffing and puffing in selective righteous indignation about what is unfortunately business as usual in Washington.
                            Correctomundo!

Comment

Actually it takes three wrongs to equal one right.

Assuming "left" = "wrong." Which it generally does.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment