Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

170 Registered Voters in Ohio’s 12th District Listed as Over 116 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Has adopted compensatory tricks to remember spelling and homonyms (their, there, they’re), or misuses homonyms and has poor or inconsistent/phonetic spelling.
    https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dysle...dult-dyslexia/

Try having your brain tricking you into mixing up homonyms and we’ll see how well you do on your post.
    I regularly mix up left and right when speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      There have been numerous state and local studies which uncovered numerous examples of voter fraud over the past few years such as the one in North Carolina where the state board of elections found 35,750 cases of double voting in 2012 -- people registered to vote there and in another state and who cast votes in both states. And that is just in the 28 states which participated in the 2014 Interstate Crosscheck meaning the number is probably much higher[1].

Ken Block of Simpatico Software Systems did a much more limited but similar examination of 21 states for the 2016 election and uncovered, for example, 2200 cases of double voting in Florida -- which is four times George W. Bush’s margin of victory in 2000. He estimates that if he had access to the records from all 50 states "there would be 40,000 duplicate votes if data from every state were available."

And a recent examination found over a thousand non citizens registered to vote in just a few counties in Virginia (which did not include the larger population centers where they tend to congregate). Further, that just covered self-reported aliens -- those who were accidentally caught only because when they renewed their driver’s license, they told the truth that they were a non-citizen. How many didn't tell the truth and admit to breaking the law?

The Heritage Foundation keeps a non-comprehensive election fraud database which has something like 1100 examples of proven incidents of fraud resulting in 938 criminal convictions and 43 civil penalties. And Recently Investor’s Business Daily reported that according to a study of U. S. census data, the U.S. has more registered voters than actual active live voters.

Adding to this, Scott Foval, the National Field Director for Americans United for Change, was caught on video describing how operatives could commit voter fraud by shipping in out of state people to vote, declared that "You can prove conspiracy if there's a bus. If there are cars, it's much harder to prove." According to the Washington Times he openly admits that Democrats have been doing this for decades:
      "It’s a pretty easy thing for Republicans to say, ‘Well, they’re busing people in,’" Mr. Foval said. "Well, you know what? We’ve been busing people in to deal with you [multiple expletives] for 50 years, and we’re not going to stop now. We’re just going to find a different way to do it."

1. Some of the most heavily populated states like California, Florida, New York, and Texas do not participate
      I can't track down the data you cite because I don't have a source to work with. I DO know that the ones I HAVE tracked down were flawed studies. They were basing things on names, and birth dates, ignoring the vast incidence of duplicate names with duplicate birth dates. Many people do not grasp the probabilities of these things. As soon as you have a group that is 22 people or larger, the probability of a duplicate birthday in the group exceeds 50%.

That being said, I do not know if the studies you are citing used techniques to ensure duplication is indeed duplication. Can you cite or link the source please?

As for Foval - we seem to have a "he said - she said" situation. He claims it happens, but the organization he represented fired him and claims it did not. You appear to be ready to accept the first claim as "true" and reject the second. I accept neither claim because 1) they are opposing, 2) they are hearsay, and 3) I am not finding any data to support either one.

Always be careful about accepting unsubstantiated claims, just because they support your existing point of view.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        I can't track down the data you cite because I don't have a source to work with. I DO know that the ones I HAVE tracked down were flawed studies. They were basing things on names, and birth dates, ignoring the vast incidence of duplicate names with duplicate birth dates. Many people do not grasp the probabilities of these things. As soon as you have a group that is 22 people or larger, the probability of a duplicate birthday in the group exceeds 50%.

That being said, I do not know if the studies you are citing used techniques to ensure duplication is indeed duplication. Can you cite or link the source please?

As for Foval - we seem to have a "he said - she said" situation. He claims it happens, but the organization he represented fired him and claims it did not. You appear to be ready to accept the first claim as "true" and reject the second. I accept neither claim because 1) they are opposing, 2) they are hearsay, and 3) I am not finding any data to support either one.

Always be careful about accepting unsubstantiated claims, just because they support your existing point of view.
        IIRC the North Carolina one used first name, last name, birth date and part of their social security number. Kim Strach, the executive director of the North Carolina State Board of Elections, referred a couple dozen cases of deliberate voter fraud to county prosecutors.

And of course the AUC would deny Foval's admissions. Do you expect them to admit to being complicit in a series of felonies where the best outcome for them would that they'd only be shut down?

Another Democrat operative[1], Robert Creamer, a convicted felon[2] who is the husband of Rep. Jan Schakowsk (D-Ill.) a member of House Democratic leadership being the Chief Deputy Whip, and runs a political consulting firm that worked closely with the DNC and the Hillary campaign (which thanks to Donna Brazile we now know were essentially one and the same since Hillary was paying their bills and calling the shots), was recorded boasting of not only of orchestrating political violence designed to disrupt Trump rallies[3], but also discussed plans to register Hispanic voters illegally by setting up a shell corporation and claiming that they work for them as contractors and use their fake pay checks to register to vote after which he admits that "there are a couple of organizations that that’s their big trick" and that "turnout is huge, huge, huge."

But just keep continuing to hand wave everything that doesn't fit into your preconceptions away. It is, after all, what you do best.

1. According to the Chicago Sun Times, "White House visitor logs show Creamer has made 340 visits since Obama took office in January 2009" and it appears that at least 45 of those meetings were with Obama himself.

2. who served only 5 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to tax fraud and operating a check kiting scheme responsible for $2.3 million in bank fraud. Must be nice having a wife with major political connections.

3 Or as CNN put it, the video showed "Creamer and other operatives purportedly discussing methods for inciting violence at rallies for the Republican nominee."

Further Aaron Black, an associate with Democracy Partners (Creamer's firm) who described himself as the "deputy rapid response director for the DNC for all things Trump on the ground,", boasted that their rent-a-mobs were responsible for forcing Trump to cancel a campaign rally in Chicago in March 2016, saying, "So the Chicago protest, when they shut all that, that was us. It was more [Creamer] than me."
        Last edited by rogue06; 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What if the boarder is a border collie?
          I knew it would only be a matter of time before this thread went to the dogs.

However, lemme redeem it....

Bacon!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

many people do not grasp the probabilities of these things. As soon as you have a group that is 22 people or larger, the probability of a duplicate birthday in the group exceeds 50%.
            24 iirc.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Did you even bother to read your own source? They just flatly declare the story false without substantiation.
              What the source correctly "declares" is that Breitbart is peddling unsubstantiated, politically motivated conspiracy theories...as it is wont to do.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Many people do not grasp the probabilities of these things. As soon as you have a group that is 22 people or larger, the probability of a duplicate birthday in the group exceeds 50%.
                The same, including the year?

When I formed our college ministry team years ago, I asked three other couples, besides my wife and myself, to be the steering committee. When I suggested a particular evening for a meeting, one of the guys said, "I can't - that's my birthday and the kids are having a party for me".

I said, "well, it's my birthday too, but...." and the third man jumped in and said - "wait, you guys are putting me on, right?"

He said it was HIS birthday, and we had to pull out drivers licenses to prove that, in fact, all three of us had the same birthday - not to the year, but the same month and day. The fourth couple was grinning real big, and I said, "NO!!!!!" He grinned and said, "you're not going to believe this", and he nodded to his wife who was smiling really big, drivers license in hand -- HER birthday was the same as ours.

Anyway - I think your little story is true of "birthday", not birth date, including year, which is the delimiter.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  What the source correctly "declares" is that Breitbart is peddling unsubstantiated, politically motivated conspiracy theories...as it is wont to do.
                  And this is your standard of evidence, is it? That a claim can simply be declared false via bald assertion, and that's the end of the debate? No problem. I'll you to this standard in future discussions.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    And this is your standard of evidence, is it? That a claim can simply be declared false via bald assertion, and that's the end of the debate? No problem. I'll you to this standard in future discussions.
                    Why bother even arguing with him? Nobody takes anything Tassman says seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Why bother even arguing with him? Nobody takes anything Tassman says seriously.
                      He's an interesting case study in "repeating the same thing over and over hoping it becomes truererer".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        He's an interesting case study in "repeating the same thing over and over hoping it becomes truererer".
                        Maybe we should take a page from Carp and number his arguments? Like "The CRA protects all people (except Christians) because of the 14th amendment blah blah" as Argument#1, "Oh Breitbart again?" as Argument #2 and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          24 iirc.
                          Do you recall the number of people needed for two to have the same first and last name and same birthday (that's not just day and month but also year) and the same (IIRC) last four numbers of their Social Security number?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Do you recall the number of people needed for two to have the same first and last name and same birthday (that's not just day and month but also year) and the same (IIRC) last four numbers of their Social Security number?
                            Picky, picky.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                              Because it declares what you want to hear? Is that what makes it correct? Because it certainly wasn't because of corroborating evidence and facts provided since there were none. And the source you picked has a reputation that makes Breitbart look like the font of all that is true and honest.

Comment

You would only NEED 2.

Comment