Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

170 Registered Voters in Ohio’s 12th District Listed as Over 116 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    So in other words you could not find anything wrong in what she said? Or?
    Apparently you’re a little slow on the uptake so let me help you out here. She’s a rich, white women, that doesn’t have to deal with the consequences of her rhetoric in the form of suppressed wages and importing of criminals from south of our boarder.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Of course he does. Those are the places elite coastal liberals fly over while holding their noses up in disdain.
      I figured he thinks that the areas outside New England, the west coast, and a few liberal enclaves was a land of terrible oppression, where everyone is made to serve the evil straight white males. Women were treated as baby factories where we are denied abortion health care. Minorities are treated as slaves to work in the evil straight white males huge homes. And gays were sent to labor camps. Of course justice is swift and dissidence is dealt with by being shot by an evil straight white male, that naturally all have guns and are allowed to shot non evil straight white males anytime they please. At least, that’s the impressions I get based on his post of how the rest of the country is.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 08-13-2018, 08:53 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Headline: "170 Registered Voters in Ohio’s 12th District Listed as Over 116 Years Old"

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...116-years-old/

I wonder what the chances are that each of them voted Democrat?
        We all know that purging the voter roles of people who are deceased or have moved is a problem. While most registrars work to keep the registry as clean as possible, there is no coordinated mechanism for doing so. I note that the Brietbart article does it's usual task of using "facts" to spin a message. So here is what is NOT in the article, that I can find: evidence that any of these people have actually voted in ANY election. Yes, because of the age, presumably they've been on the rolls for a while, and we should have better mechanisms for purging them than we have. Approximately 727K people live in Ohio 12. The U.S. Death rate is 844/100K/year. So in any given year, Ohio 12 expects an average of 6,135 deaths, or about 17 per day. In any part of the country, most deaths are of people of voting age, so the voter registrar is trying to keep up with purging these people, plus those who move (which I would have to imagine is a larger number) while simultaneously keeping up with new voters. Of the three, I would imagine the latter gets precedence. I also wonder just how well they are funded to devote this kind of attention to voter polls.

I keep coming back to the same thing: no one has shown there is actually a problem to be solved here. They just raise a great deal of fear, uncertainty, and doubt, and then holler "rigged." IMO, we have bigger fish to fry.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

And some folks tend to vote in both states. Not real common but it does happen.
          well they usually check your driver's license when voting. So they would see my driver's license was from a different state and I would not be able to vote. But I bet when people first move to another state and their old license has not expired yet (which can be up to 8 years) they could conceivably do that for a while. If caught, it is a felony.

Comment

And some folks tend to vote in both states. Not real common but it does happen.
            "Not common" is an understatement. No one has shown that this is anything other than "extremely rare."

Yes - it would be great to apply a bit of computer technology and clean this up so that moves and deaths are immediately trapped in the system. That takes resources (e.g., money). But getting more money in this age of "government bad" is extremely difficult to do.
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              That's simple, republicans are well aware of the fact that they and their policies are not supported by the great majority of the public and they can't win without putting up as many obstacles as they can come up with to prevent the majority side from voting.
              So you are saying that the "majority side" are too lazy or stupid to get valid ID cards? Maybe that is why they vote democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                And the reason is that all you have got is a personal attack?
                Says the troll who just attacked Trump and Pence in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Apparently you’re a little slow on the uptake so let me help you out here. She’s a rich, white women, that doesn’t have to deal with the consequences of her rhetoric in the form of suppressed wages and importing of criminals from south of our boarder.
                  "border" - A "boarder" is someone you rent a room to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Unless you run a classy joint, then it's someone to whom you rent a room.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Has adopted compensatory tricks to remember spelling and homonyms (their, there, they’re), or misuses homonyms and has poor or inconsistent/phonetic spelling.
                      https://www.dyslexia.com/about-dysle...dult-dyslexia/

Try having your brain tricking you into mixing up homonyms and we’ll see how well you do on your post.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        "Not common" is an understatement. No one has shown that this is anything other than "extremely rare."

Yes - it would be great to apply a bit of computer technology and clean this up so that moves and deaths are immediately trapped in the system. That takes resources (e.g., money). But getting more money in this age of "government bad" is extremely difficult to do.
                        There have been numerous state and local studies which uncovered numerous examples of voter fraud over the past few years such as the one in North Carolina where the state board of elections found 35,750 cases of double voting in 2012 -- people registered to vote there and in another state and who cast votes in both states. And that is just in the 28 states which participated in the 2014 Interstate Crosscheck meaning the number is probably much higher[1].

Ken Block of Simpatico Software Systems did a much more limited but similar examination of 21 states for the 2016 election and uncovered, for example, 2200 cases of double voting in Florida -- which is four times George W. Bush’s margin of victory in 2000. He estimates that if he had access to the records from all 50 states "there would be 40,000 duplicate votes if data from every state were available."

And a recent examination found over a thousand non citizens registered to vote in just a few counties in Virginia (which did not include the larger population centers where they tend to congregate). Further, that just covered self-reported aliens -- those who were accidentally caught only because when they renewed their driver’s license, they told the truth that they were a non-citizen. How many didn't tell the truth and admit to breaking the law?

The Heritage Foundation keeps a non-comprehensive election fraud database which has something like 1100 examples of proven incidents of fraud resulting in 938 criminal convictions and 43 civil penalties. And Recently Investor’s Business Daily reported that according to a study of U. S. census data, the U.S. has more registered voters than actual active live voters.

Adding to this, Scott Foval, the National Field Director for Americans United for Change, was caught on video describing how operatives could commit voter fraud by shipping in out of state people to vote, declared that "You can prove conspiracy if there's a bus. If there are cars, it's much harder to prove." According to the Washington Times he openly admits that Democrats have been doing this for decades:
                        "It’s a pretty easy thing for Republicans to say, ‘Well, they’re busing people in,’" Mr. Foval said. "Well, you know what? We’ve been busing people in to deal with you [multiple expletives] for 50 years, and we’re not going to stop now. We’re just going to find a different way to do it."

1. Some of the most heavily populated states like California, Florida, New York, and Texas do not participate
                        Last edited by rogue06; 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          You and your Breitbart!

It's fake news. "Fake news sites are pushing voter fraud conspiracy theories on Facebook about the Ohio election".

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...lection/220967
                          Did you even bother to read your own source? They just flatly declare the story false without substantiation.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Did you even bother to read your own source? They just flatly declare the story false without substantiation.
                            If Tass finds something that he thinks might support his case, he gets so excited he doesn't read the context - he just posts it, then repeats it over and over and over, maybe thinking it will eventually say what he thought it said.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is from media matters, so there is that.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

What if the boarder is a border collie?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment