Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

170 Registered Voters in Ohio’s 12th District Listed as Over 116 Years Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    I wonder what the chances are that you're an idiot and that Breitbarts story is full of crap?
    Prove it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And speaking of Breitbart...

"Florida Double Votes Cast in 2016 ‘Nearly 4X Margin of Victory’ in 2000 Election"

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...2000-election/

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

"Florida Double Votes Cast in 2016 ‘Nearly 4X Margin of Victory’ in 2000 Election"

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...2000-election/

"Pelosi: Trump’s Whole Thing Is ‘Make America White Again’"

Everything he has done, whether it’s taking babies out of the arms of their moms, whether it’s issues that relate to health care in our country, access to services and the rest is — his whole thing is ‘Make America White Again.’
        https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018...a-white-again/
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post

There's a reason I call her Nutsy Pelosi.

Comment

There's a reason I call her Nutsy Pelosi.
            And the reason is that all you have got is a personal attack?
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post

You might gain an iota of credence if you were to just once criticize your fellow travelers for the behavior that seems to get your knickers all twisted up.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                It is often the case that mockery is the best response to absurdity.

Comment

I'm impressed, Charles. You managed to somehow overlook a personal attack on the very same page! Do I need to quote it for you to bring it to your attention? Maybe in size 10 font?
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    That's simple, republicans are well aware of the fact that they and their policies are not supported by the great majority of the public and they can't win without putting up as many obstacles as they can come up with to prevent the majority side from voting.

How is that liberal bubble working for you? You are aware that Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, etc are real places and not fictional, right?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Did she say this while sipping wine from her vineyard, from her multi-million dollar home, while surrounded by armed men?
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Prove it.
                        You and your Breitbart!

It's fake news. "Fake news sites are pushing voter fraud conspiracy theories on Facebook about the Ohio election".

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...lection/220967
                        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Did she say this while sipping wine from her vineyard, from her multi-million dollar home, while surrounded by armed men?
                          Speaking of which, some first rate hypocrisy from the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do leader of the House Democrats

Source: DO AS I SAY

I have another section I like to call, “Workers of the World Unite Somewhere Else.” This is where we find Nancy Pelosi—Democrat leader in the House, the best friend of labor unions you can imagine. She says that labor unions are vital to negotiating good wages and working conditions. She won the Cesar Chavez award from the United Farmworkers Union in 2003. Remember that, the United Farmworkers Union. She is the top recipient of PAC contributions from the Hotel Employees and Restaurant Employees Union.

What’s interesting about that is, there were several strikes a few years ago in San Francisco, where she came down strongly on the side of the hotel employees and restaurant employees union and campaigned aggressively for them against other hotels. Of course she is the most reliable vote in Congress for organized labor.

What’s interesting about Nancy Pelosi is that she and her husband not only are very influential in the Democrat Party, they’re very wealthy. With Nancy Pelosi, her commitment to organized labor essentially ends when it comes to her own businesses. Nancy Pelosi and her husband own a Napa Valley vineyard that’s worth about $25 million. They grow very expensive grapes for very expensive wines, and they don’t use members of the United Farm Workers to pick their grapes. This winner of the Cesar Chavez award hires only hire non-union contractors.

There are plenty of union contractors in Napa Valley and there are other wineries that use them, its’ just that the Pelosis don’t have happen to among them. They also sell their grapes to non-union wineries. They recently held investments in two other wine businesses that were also strictly non-union.

But it gets even worse than that. Nancy Pelosi and her husband also own a chain of restaurants and a hotel in Napa Valley, California. Despite her public commitment to the Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees Union, you better not join that union and work for the Pelosis, because you will end up getting fired. For example, they are partners in a hotel with 250 employees, which is strictly non-union. They are among the very few owners of Piati, a chain of Italian restaurants with 900 employees. Again, if you try to join the union when you work for the Pelosis in their restaurant, you will be fired.

One other issue for Nancy Pelosi. I hate to pick on her, but it’s just so inviting. As they say in the military, it’s a target-rich environment. With Nancy Pelosi, another big issue is the environment. She always makes statements that, with us, the environment is not an issue, it’s an ethic, it’s a value. Which is a nice way of saying, “I love the environment, but not when it comes to our own businesses.” A lot of people don’t realize that, in 1996, Nancy Pelosi and her husband and fewer than 10 other partners wanted to build a golf course and country club outside of San Jose, California, called the CordeValle Country Club. In order to get approval to build on these 275 acres, they had to comply with some very stringent county environmental regulations. Now the California tiger salamander and the Western pond turtle are apparently endangered species and they’re very, very common on these 275 acres that the Pelosis wanted to develop.

So the agreement they struck with local regulators was, we’ll build the golf course, we’ll set up some holding ponds and we’ll create a natural habitat to make sure that these environmental endangered species survive.

Of course, they built the golf course. It opened in 2000. If you want to join, the membership is $250,000. But they never followed the environmental regulations. The ponds were never built for these endangered species. For seven years, they also failed to file any of the environmental reports required by the California Fish and Wildlife Commission. A 2004 County Environmental Compliance Report found all kinds of environmental problems on the Pelosis’ golf course.

Remember with Nancy Pelosi, her commitment to the environment is not just an issue, it’s an ethic and a value. What does that actually mean in practical terms? Did they turn around and build this habitat and comply? No, they solved the problem the old-fashioned way: they hired lobbyists and they got the environmental regulations changed. So if you go to the CordeValle Country Club today and play golf, it’s a wonderful course, but there will be no holding ponds. There will be no endangered species and the Pelosis seem to be quite happy with that.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Imagine the screams of outrage if San Fran Nan were a Republican

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            You and your Breitbart!

It's fake news. "Fake news sites are pushing voter fraud conspiracy theories on Facebook about the Ohio election".

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...lection/220967
                            And you cite media mutters to counter Breitbart

Comment

How is that liberal bubble working for you? You are aware that Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, etc are real places and not fictional, right?
                              Of course he does. Those are the places elite coastal liberals fly over while holding their noses up in disdain.

Comment

So in other words you could not find anything wrong in what she said? Or?

Comment