Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Early Interview Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Interview Program

Hey, y'all. This week I've been back up in Cambridge doing something with my school called the "early interview program." It's basically like speed dating for jobs. I did 17 screener interviews (plus one Skype interview with an employer who didn't come), and next week I am going to be flying back to Texas to do callback interviews with the firms that liked me. Based on those, some firms will offer me a position as a summer associate after my second year of law school, which almost inevitably turns into a permanent offer after law school so long as you perform reasonably well during the summer (i.e. don't do anything massively stupid like skip work all the time to go bowling). I'm excited to be back in Texas for another week or so. I managed to schedule my interviews so I also have a couple days off to spend with my family and so I can schedule more if the firms I interviewed with Thurs/Fri end up calling me back (since those largely haven't started calling back students). I'm also naturally very nervous. Obviously the ideal situation would be to have more than one firm give me an offer so I have options, but all I need is one offer to have that job security!

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Thanks for keeping us posted, TWA.... you are often in my prayers, and I'm "rooting for ya". I believe God has good stuff for you, and you're on the right track.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

great news. I think you will have your pick of firms! Find one that fits your values and you would enjoy working for. One thing I learned over the years is that job satisfaction and enjoyment is way more important than salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          great news. I think you will have your pick of firms! Find one that fits your values and you would enjoy working for. One thing I learned over the years is that job satisfaction and enjoyment is way more important than salary.
          All the ones I've been called back to pay 180-190k a year, so salary is already pretty fixed, lol.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
            All the ones I've been called back to pay 180-190k a year, so salary is already pretty fixed, lol.
            As a paralegal,
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              As a paralegal,
              This, but also best wishes to you. God bless!
              I am become death...

Comment

That is about the starting salary for associates at my law firm.

Comment

That is about the starting salary for associates at my law firm.
                  Yep; it's the market rate for all major markets. Most firms are in lockstep, so picking a firm is usually more about "fit" than salary.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Yep; it's the market rate for all major markets. Most firms are in lockstep, so picking a firm is usually more about "fit" than salary.
                    Sounds like "collusion"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Must be nice to make $200K just starting out.

Comment

Must be nice to make $200K just starting out.
                        To be fair, it has to be high to support the massive loan repayments the vast majority of law students have, especially for those who choose/have to live in New York or California. Those firms also require like 100 hour work weeks.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

To be fair, it has to be high to support the massive loan repayments the vast majority of law students have, especially for those who choose/have to live in New York or California. Those firms also require like 100 hour work weeks.
                          You would be better off taking a job at a more reasonably priced market like the midwest. There are still large law firms there, but the cost of living is lower so you money goes further. The law firm I work for has offices in Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Tennessee.

Comment

You would be better off taking a job at a more reasonably priced market like the midwest. There are still large law firms there, but the cost of living is lower so you money goes further. The law firm I work for has offices in Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Tennessee.
                            I'm not going to New York or Cali.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

I'm not going to New York or Cali.

Comment