Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What movie are you watching this weekend?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I didn't like the lightning every time he ran. A bit overdone. He is supposed to be a blur, not a lightning bolt.
    Yeah... That crap seems to be the new take on the character. Lots of that in the TV series. Not a fan.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Yeah... That crap seems to be the new take on the character. Lots of that in the TV series. Not a fan.
      also, shouldn't there be a sonic boom destroying everything every time he runs?

Comment

also, shouldn't there be a sonic boom destroying everything every time he runs?
        Superhero physics are rarely even tenuously connected to reality.

ETA: The Flash
        Last edited by rogue06; 08-17-2018, 02:57 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Superhero physics are rarely even tenuously connected to reality.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30022[/ATTACH]
          Not to mention, can you imagine the wind he would stir up? And the air resistance he would have to face? He would have to be as strong as Superman to just force his way through the air at super speed. And as invulnerable to keep from burning up from the friction. and his suit would have to be made up of Space shuttle tiles.

Comment

Not to mention, can you imagine the wind he would stir up? And the air resistance he would have to face? He would have to be as strong as Superman to just force his way through the air at super speed. And as invulnerable to keep from burning up from the friction. and his suit would have to be made up of Space shuttle tiles.
            I added an ETA to my post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Teen Titans Go! to the Movies was fantastic. It was a perfect parody of / love letter to the current superhero movie industry. I happened to run into a friend from Bible study in the theater, and we both had a blast. The adults were probably laughing harder than the kids.

And Nicholas Cage finally got to play Superman, so there is that.

Gonna see BlacKkKlansman this weekend.
              "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                At least it looks like they started putting episodes of the good Teen Titans on Cartoon Network.
                The TTG:tTM post-credits scene implies that, if the movie does well enough, the 2003 series will get a Season 6.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/teen-...its-scene.html
                "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

In the comics, his "aura" dealt with all that. IIRC, "Reverse Flash," a.k.a. "Professor Zoom," was able to recreate Flash's speed, but his chemically synthesized aura was not as robust.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by MsJack View Post
                    The TTG:tTM post-credits scene implies that, if the movie does well enough, the 2003 series will get a Season 6.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/07/teen-...its-scene.html
                    If that's true, then it is probably the only credit I will be able to give to Teen Titans Go!.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      In the comics, his "aura" dealt with all that. IIRC, "Reverse Flash," a.k.a. "Professor Zoom," was able to recreate Flash's speed, but his chemically synthesized aura was not as robust.
                      I think they just put all of it under "The Speed Force" now.

Comment

Gonna see BlacKkKlansman this weekend.
                        Let me know how that one is. I saw a trailer for it a while back and I REALLY hope it's good.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

If that's true, then it is probably the only credit I will be able to give to Teen Titans Go!.
                          Ha.

I actually don't watch TTG myself. My son used to watch it every morning when I would drop him off with my then-boyfriend since the BF had cable and I didn't. I was lured into seeing this one by the 91% fresh rating on RT and my son's affection for the show.

I prefer the 2003 series.

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          Let me know how that one is. I saw a trailer for it a while back and I REALLY hope it's good.
                          I will return and report!

Comment

Ha.

I actually don't watch TTG myself. My son used to watch it every morning when I would drop him off with my then-boyfriend since the BF had cable and I didn't. I was lured into seeing this one by the 91% fresh rating on RT and my son's affection for the show.

I prefer the 2003 series.

I will return and report!
                            I tried watching it back when it first came out. It had some funny parts, but almost no action, and no seriousness allowed. I also really disliked the art style. The 2003 series was definitely much better.

Right now only one really cartoon I've found that is currently running, and that is the new DuckTales reboot*. There was Atomic Puppet recently, but that hasn't been renewed. The Guardians of the Galaxy episode I saw was pretty funny, but I couldn't find any of the earlier episodes to get caught up on the story.

I still wish they hadn't cancelled Symbionic Titan. Dumbest excuse I've ever heard for cancelling a show too. At least they are bringing back Invader Zim, even if it is only a movie.

Yeah, I watch a lot of cartoons.

Back on thread topic, I need to finish Big Hero 6, Deadpool, and Ready Player One.

*Just watched the season finale today. It was really good. I'm glad they didn't ruin this reboot like a host of others I've seen. Like Rise of the TMNT.

Comment

I tried watching it back when it first came out. It had some funny parts, but almost no action, and no seriousness allowed. I also really disliked the art style. The 2003 series was definitely much better.

Right now only one really cartoon I've found that is currently running, and that is the new DuckTales reboot*. There was Atomic Puppet recently, but that hasn't been renewed. The Guardians of the Galaxy episode I saw was pretty funny, but I couldn't find any of the earlier episodes to get caught up on the story.

I still wish they hadn't cancelled Symbionic Titan. Dumbest excuse I've ever heard for cancelling a show too. At least they are bringing back Invader Zim, even if it is only a movie.

Yeah, I watch a lot of cartoons.

Back on thread topic, I need to finish Big Hero 6, Deadpool, and Ready Player One.

*Just watched the season finale today. It was really good. I'm glad they didn't ruin this reboot like a host of others I've seen. Like Rise of the TMNT.
                              I have been meaning to check out the Duck Tales reboot. I'm glad to hear it's been good.

I loved the entire DC animated universe growing up. Named my daughter "Harley." These days I seldom find time for non-adult cartoons. (On the adult cartoon front, I love Archer, Rick & Morty, and Bojack Horseman. A friend just introduced me to a YouTube series called Confinement that I also like a lot.)

I just saw Big Hero 6 this year and it was better than I expected from the trailers.

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              BlacKkKlansman was amazing. I almost never cry at movies. Movies that have made me cry come along maybe once every few years. I didn't exactly cry, but my eyes were misty at the end. It is also extremely funny in many places.

As a historian, I have to caution that there has been some controversy about its portrayal of what Ron Stallworth's KKK infiltration. But many of the things in the film did happen.

Comment

BlacKkKlansman was amazing. I almost never cry at movies. Movies that have made me cry come along maybe once every few years. I didn't exactly cry, but my eyes were misty at the end. It is also extremely funny in many places.

As a historian, I have to caution that there has been some controversy about its portrayal of what Ron Stallworth's KKK infiltration. But many of the things in the film did happen.
                                I've come to expect historical accuracy taking the back-burner to making an entertaining movie, so I'm not surprised on that front. But knowing that it's a good film means I aim to watch it in the future.
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment