Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "What movie are you watching this weekend?" thread

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I get all of my movies from Netflix (online and Bluray rental)

This weekend I watched Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Justice League was not that great. The main bad guy was CGI and so were the superheroes in a lot of the scenes, especially superman. And it wasn't very good CGI either. Plus the story line was very formulaic and predictable. Evil baddy from space/another dimension terrorized earth, superheroes must band together to save planet. Basically same story as the Avengers.
    It and the Avengers: Infinity Wars pretty much did in plans to do a Justice League v. Darkseid movie which is a shame since Darkseid is far more sinister a villain than Thanos and the all too forgettable what's his face in the JL movie.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    It and the Avengers: Infinity Wars pretty much did in plans to do a Justice League v. Darkseid movie which is a shame since Darkseid is far more sinister a villain than Thanos and the all too forgettable what's his face in the JL movie.
    I didn't like the Flash in the movie either, he was a wiimp. And they didn't have the Green Lantern or Hawkman, or the Green Arrow, or a ton of characters. Not much of a Justice League.

3. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I didn't like the Flash in the movie either, he was a wiimp. And they didn't have the Green Lantern or Hawkman, or the Green Arrow, or a ton of characters. Not much of a Justice League.
    It was an interesting take on him -- an inexperienced rookie hero who wasn't sure he could be a superhero. From that angle he did a credible job. But it also came across that he was the comic relief meant to balance all that %#@$# brooding.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It was an interesting take on him -- an inexperienced rookie hero who wasn't sure he could be a superhero.
    You mean he was like the new Spiderman?

From that angle he did a credible job. But it also came across that he was the comic relief meant to balance all that %#@$# brooding.
    I didn't like the lightning every time he ran. A bit overdone. He is supposed to be a blur, not a lightning bolt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The last movie I watched was Star Wars: The Last Jedi, after it came onto Netflix. Overall, I didn't hate it... but I didn't really love it either. It was a mixed bag for me.

I eventually plan to watch the new Ghostbusters movie. I know I'm going to hate it going in, based on the trailer alone... but I want to watch it so I can see how bad it is.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I didn't like the lightning every time he ran. A bit overdone. He is supposed to be a blur, not a lightning bolt.
    Yeah... That crap seems to be the new take on the character. Lots of that in the TV series. Not a fan.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Yeah... That crap seems to be the new take on the character. Lots of that in the TV series. Not a fan.
    also, shouldn't there be a sonic boom destroying everything every time he runs?

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    also, shouldn't there be a sonic boom destroying everything every time he runs?
    Superhero physics are rarely even tenuously connected to reality.

ETA: The Flash
    Last edited by rogue06; 08-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Superhero physics are rarely even tenuously connected to reality.

Not to mention, can you imagine the wind he would stir up? And the air resistance he would have to face? He would have to be as strong as Superman to just force his way through the air at super speed. And as invulnerable to keep from burning up from the friction. and his suit would have to be made up of Space shuttle tiles.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not to mention, can you imagine the wind he would stir up? And the air resistance he would have to face? He would have to be as strong as Superman to just force his way through the air at super speed. And as invulnerable to keep from burning up from the friction. and his suit would have to be made up of Space shuttle tiles.
    I added an ETA to my post