Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I applied for a concealed carry permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    This seems to be a class in gun worship for Christians. The NRA has taught you well.
    Awesome isn't it? Here in 'Murica we can order guns off of the internet!

Hoorah!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      A legal pirate?
      a legal CHRISTIAN pirate.

Comment

My question is, where will you carry it?

Tricorn? Peg leg?

Parrot?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

This seems to be a class in gun worship for Christians. The NRA has taught you well.
          Yeah, it comes right after the class on drinking blood, eating flesh and dead people coming back to life.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Never had a problem with a Beretta myself
            That's good news. Some of my cousins had Berettas and they continually had issues with sticking even though they cleaned their guns regularly.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Oh, you crack me up. I can trust a gun to keep me safer than the LEOs or anyone else because in the past a gun did keep me and my little sister safe. NRA had nothing to do with it.
              I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                That's good news. Some of my cousins had Berettas and they continually had issues with sticking even though they cleaned their guns regularly.
                Did they try other ammo? I had a KelTek once that always seemed to jam on reloading - manufacturer suggested a different brand of ammo, and all of a sudden, the weapon was "fixed".
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Did they try other ammo? I had a KelTek once that always seemed to jam on reloading - manufacturer suggested a different brand of ammo, and all of a sudden, the weapon was "fixed".
                  I'm not sure. I'd have to ask.
                  I am Punkinhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                    I'm not sure. I'd have to ask.
                    Yeah, I was convinced I had a defective firearm, and the manufacturer had me send it back to them. They polished the loading ramp, but said everything was fine.

I wish they would have mentioned the ammo first - I don't remember which brand I was using (one of the big names) but they had me try Federal Premium Ammunition, and I couldn't MAKE the weapon jam after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      My Firestorm has issues with "light" loads. It has a pretty stiff return spring. I bought a cheap box of practice ammo that was loaded with a light bullet and a lower powder charge. I jammed my way through that box, thinking there was something wrong with the gun. A buddy suggested the ammo I bought was possibly the culprit. Low and behold, with new ammo in a higher powder charge and bullet weight, my weapons was "fixed" as well!
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I blame the liberals for me getting a gun.

I might even join the NRA!

If I sign up for 5 years I get one of these free gifts (only one gun included though)

gun2.jpg

gun1.jpg

/end troll.
                        Last edited by Sparko; 08-13-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                          My Firestorm has issues with "light" loads. It has a pretty stiff return spring. I bought a cheap box of practice ammo that was loaded with a light bullet and a lower powder charge. I jammed my way through that box, thinking there was something wrong with the gun. A buddy suggested the ammo I bought was possibly the culprit. Low and behold, with new ammo in a higher powder charge and bullet weight, my weapons was "fixed" as well!
                          Yeah, these bullets (the problem ones) apparently had a strange geometry that didn't ride up the loading ramp into the barrel. They'd get stuck as the slide was returning to closed position. If you just bumped the heel of the slide with your hand, they would finish "seating", and you could fire. So, I used them up that way on the range - about 4 out of 10 would "catch", but once they were seated, you could fire as normal.
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-13-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

You are all ignoring me, aren't you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Anybody seen mossy lately?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                You are all ignoring me, aren't you.
                                Never!
                                I am Punkinhead.

Comment