Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I applied for a concealed carry permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myth View Post
    All other things being equal, I'd encourage you to buy whichever gun feels better in your hand (and/or which one you shoot better).
    That

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Also, forgot to add: do the laser thing if you want to. However, I don't think they're very practical for real life scenarios. They are, however, fun to play with.

You can use a weapon with a laser pointer to practice movement and weapons manipulation, with the laser helping you make sure your aim is steady while you move. If you're into that sort of thing. Put a target (circle, X, whatever) on a wall. Unload the weapon, and practice moving from 30-40ft away while keeping the laser dot on the target. You'll learn how to walk smoothly and just how fast you can move down a hallway while keeping your aim steady. *Note: Obviously, I'd keep people away from your target on the wall, have a second person confirm the weapon is unloaded, and make sure there are no loaded magazines or other loaded weapons on your person when doing this.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'm pretty sure the Ruger LCP (if that's what we're talking about) comes standard with a 6 round magazine, and you can buy an optional 7 round magazine with extended floor plate. If you keep one in the chamber, that's 7 and 8 shots respectively.
        No I was referring to the Ruger SR9C which has a 10 & a 17 round magazine

I am going shooting with a friend next weekend to try ou some of his guns and maybe find a range where I can rent the guns I am considering (my friend doesn’t have those models)

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
          Also, forgot to add: do the laser thing if you want to. However, I don't think they're very practical for real life scenarios. They are, however, fun to play with.
          Agreed. Although there is the psychological aspect of having a red dot appear on you and what that signifies.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Agreed. Although there is the psychological aspect of having a red dot appear on you and what that signifies.
            It also distracts them, and they might take their eyes off of you to look at the dot, giving you time to either move behind shelter or shoot them. Especially if they are cat burglars. I hear cats can't resist laser dots!

Comment

• OK so I ordered me a gun. The Ruger SR9C.

Should be here in about a week.

I went out to several gun stores this weekend with a buddy and looked at various handguns. Still kept coming back to the Ruger. I liked some others but for price and features the Ruger beat them. Price was one of my biggies. I didn't want to spend more than around $350. My friend had a similar Ruger at home and he let me shoot it. Seemed pretty nice. So I went ahead and ordered the SR9C from an online gun shop for $309.

Comment

• Here it is!

ruger-sm - Copy.jpg

it has the extended clip in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Here it is!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30706[/ATTACH]

it has the extended clip in it.
                  Looks good.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparko View Post
                    here it is!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30706[/ATTACH]

it has the extended clip magazine in it.
                    FIFY n/c

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      FIFY n/c
                      Thank you ammo nazi.

Comment

Thank you ammo nazi.
                        No worries, even we Jarheads called them magazines or clips, even though magazine is correct.
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• well I didn't get to shoot my gun yet. I was going to go over to a friend's house to shoot but it rained all weekend.

So I sat at home dry firing at the TV. I killed over 50 perps. Including a couple of squirrels (probably not the NSA, rogue)

Comment

well I didn't get to shoot my gun yet. I was going to go over to a friend's house to shoot but it rained all weekend.

So I sat at home dry firing at the TV. I killed over 50 perps. Including a couple of squirrels (probably not the NSA, rogue)
                            You really think the NSA is on TV?

Comment

• Well I finally got to shoot my gun this weekend. I went over a friend's house where he has a nice little shooting range set up.

I did pretty good. I shot two 17-round magazines at two 11 x 17-inch targets 25 yards away and mostly hit the bullseye/red zones, with a few strays around the edges. I will see if I can post a photo of the targets later.

Not bad for someone who hasn't been shooting in a few years other than testing out my friend's gun about a month ago. I did pretty lousy on that one.

Comment

Well I finally got to shoot my gun this weekend. I went over a friend's house where he has a nice little shooting range set up.

I did pretty good. I shot two 17-round magazines at two 11 x 17-inch targets 25 yards away and mostly hit the bullseye/red zones, with a few strays around the edges. I will see if I can post a photo of the targets later.

Not bad for someone who hasn't been shooting in a few years other than testing out my friend's gun about a month ago. I did pretty lousy on that one.
                                Remember, slack, stop a squeeze.
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment