Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I applied for a concealed carry permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fingerprinting done. Now I have to go to the local police station and get a background check and pay even more money. This is getting expensive. $75 to the state for the permit, $12 for fingerprinting and I think $50 to the police for the background check, etc.

How are poor and minority people expected to carry guns? They need to eliminate the requirement to have a license for handguns so the poor and underprivileged can carry guns too! Just like eliminating voter ID!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Fingerprinting done. Now I have to go to the local police station and get a background check and pay even more money. This is getting expensive. $75 to the state for the permit, $12 for fingerprinting and I think $50 to the police for the background check, etc.

How are poor and minority people expected to carry guns? They need to eliminate the requirement to have a license for handguns so the poor and underprivileged can carry guns too! Just like eliminating voter ID!
      When you get the police station, remember - you have my number if you need bail. When they see who you are....
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        When you get the police station, remember - you have my number if you need bail. When they see who you are....
        You don't think they ran my hook prints do you?

Comment

You don't think they ran my hook prints do you?
          They got Abby Sciuto to run out and buy 2,163 hooks from various vendors, do stab tests, make silicone modes of the stab wounds, digitize that, run a computer analysis, discover the exact brand and model of hook, discover that only 3 stores in the US sell those, and only 5 were sold in the US, and one of the stores was across the street from your house and also sold crispy bacon.

Yeah, she's THAT good!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They got Abby Sciuto to run out and buy 2,163 hooks from various vendors, do stab tests, make silicone modes of the stab wounds, digitize that, run a computer analysis, discover the exact brand and model of hook, discover that only 3 stores in the US sell those, and only 5 were sold in the US, and one of the stores was across the street from your house and also sold crispy bacon.

Yeah, she's THAT good!

She left NCIS!

I don't like her replacement.

Comment

She left NCIS!

I don't like her replacement.
              Yeah, and the other NCIS offices (New Orleans and Los Angeles) tried to have their own nerds, and it just ain't the same.

I miss Abby.

And I never did like Jimmy.

Comment

Many gun control measures in the past were specifically designed to limit the poor's access to firearms. Look at the whole campaign to limit inexpensive firearms (i.e., "Saturday Night Specials").

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Many gun control measures in the past were specifically designed to limit the poor's access to firearms. Look at the whole campaign to limit inexpensive firearms (i.e., "Saturday Night Specials").
                  Well, I am still here so my false finger print gloves must have worked. PS - if anyone knocks at your door, rogue, don't answer it.

My total cost was $139 to apply for a CCW. Now you can have a handgun here without a permit, but you can't carry in public without a permit. Long guns are OK.

So how are those poor gang members supposed to be able to afford to carry handguns? And how do they expect homeless people to defend themselves? Do they expect them to carry shotguns around?

They told me 30 to 60 days to get the permit.

Comment

Well, I am still here so my false finger print gloves must have worked. PS - if anyone knocks at your door, rogue, don't answer it.
                    Not really. It set off a series of red flags especially since you could clearly see the "Made in Taiwan" imprint on the thumb.

You can thank your lucky stars that the NSA intercepted and substituted your files -- even after all your recent rodent remarks -- so the initial alerts were subsequently attributed to a false alarm.

They told me 30 to 60 days to get the permit.
                    Back in the old days they could gather a lynch mob much faster than that.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not really. It set off a series of red flags especially since you could clearly see the "Made in Taiwan" imprint on the thumb.

You can thank your lucky stars that the NSA intercepted and substituted your files -- even after all your recent rodent remarks -- so the initial alerts were subsequently attributed to a false alarm.
                      That explains that weird looking lady in the trenchcoat that was wobbling around and chittering at the police station.

Back in the old days they could gather a lynch mob much faster than that.
                      I blame the liberal hippies. It's hard to find a good rope nowadays, they keep smoking all the hemp.

Comment

That explains that weird looking lady in the trenchcoat that was wobbling around and chittering at the police station.
                        It takes a minimum of five squirrels to operate a "human suit" so coordination in unscripted situations can always be a bit tricky.

Comment

It takes a minimum of five squirrels to operate a "human suit" so coordination in unscripted situations can always be a bit tricky.
                          I should have known what was going on by the trail of acorns "she" left behind.

Comment

I should have known what was going on by the trail of acorns "she" left behind.
                            Texas has two different classes of CHL license...

one is S/A - semiautomatic - which authorizes you to carry semiautomatic or revolver
                            the other is revolver only - semiautomatic is another endorsement you'd have to add

I think the fast majority of people go ahead and get the S/A (you just have to qualify on the range to demonstrate a degree of proficiency with the semi-auto

Is yours either/or?

Comment

Texas has two different classes of CHL license...

one is S/A - semiautomatic - which authorizes you to carry semiautomatic or revolver
                              the other is revolver only - semiautomatic is another endorsement you'd have to add

I think the fast majority of people go ahead and get the S/A (you just have to qualify on the range to demonstrate a degree of proficiency with the semi-auto

Is yours either/or?
                              It's for carrying any kind of handgun open or concealed. No proficiency test. Just a background check and pay out the wazoo. And it is reciprocal with most states, including Texas. I don't want to mention my state but you know where I am. Here is a reciprocity map

ccw.jpg

Comment

It's for carrying any kind of handgun open or concealed. No proficiency test. Just a background check and pay out the wazoo. And it is reciprocal with most states, including Texas. I don't want to mention my state but you know where I am. Here is a reciprocity map

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29951[/ATTACH]
                                I don't see the state of denial.

Comment