Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Immigration and Stephen Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]29877[/ATTACH]
    How come it is when I click on that picture it emlittles it instead of embiggens it?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      How come it is when I click on that picture it emlittles it instead of embiggens it?
      00000000000000arb1.jpg
      Better?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29890[/ATTACH]
        Better?
        You such a good brudder.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You such a good brudder.
          I keep telling you that

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29877[/ATTACH]
            Wow...
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
              Wow...
              Because when Jewish children were separated from their parents by their Nazi captors, they were moved into clean, comfortable, secure facilities and given healthcare, an education, and three squares a day, m i rite?
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-13-2018, 02:37 PM.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Because when Jewish children were separated from their parents by their Nazi captors, they were moved into clean, secure facilities and given healthcare, an education, and three squares a day, m i rite?
                The Nazis were never that cruel. They sent the kids to the gas chambers with their parents.

Comment

Because when Jewish children were separated from their parents by their Nazi captors, they were moved into clean, comfortable, secure facilities and given healthcare, an education, and three squares a day, m i rite?
                  I have to admit I find the cartoon, and this whole discussion, somewhat offensive. Not personally for me, but for those who suffered during the holocaust.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I have to admit I find the cartoon, and this whole discussion, somewhat offensive. Not personally for me, but for those who suffered during the holocaust.
                    ???
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

This reminds me of when Hogan's Heroes was on TV, and there was an outcry that this mocks the American Prisoners of War who actually suffered in German prison camps. There was an attempt to get the show off the air, or even keep it from airing, because of the fact that it treated the Nazis so lightly.
                      Interesting side notes - Klemperer (Klink), Banner (Schultz), Leon Askin (Burkhalter) and Howard Caine (Hochstetter) were Jewish, and all but the latter had fled the Nazis during WWII. Additionally, Robert Clary, who played the cooking French corporal, LeBeau, had been interned at a concentration camp. Klemperer stated at the time, "I am an actor. If I can play Richard III, I can play a Nazi." The actor insisted that Hogan always won out over his captors.

And If that’s not weird enough, it turns out that Robert Clary, who played a character named LeBeau, had actually been imprisoned for three years in a Nazi concentration camp. His comment: “A lot of people have asked how could I work on Hogan’s Heroes. I tell them that ‘Hogan’s Heroes was very different’ …We were not really dealing with Nazism.” Howard Caine, who played Major Hochstetter, was also Jewish. His defense: “I’ve had, over these years, many fellow Jews say to me ‘How can you play a comic Gestapo like that?’ Because I play him as a madman… My willingness to do it was to remain true to the concept that they wanted of the vicious killer, potential Nazi.”

Seriously, Carpe, I know you don't mean it this way, but this kinda comes across as "I'm more virtuous than you guys".

Comment

Triggered much?

If anything it's the left's attempt to compare it to the Holocaust that ought to be offensive. It trivializes the Holocaust

Comment

Triggered much?

If anything it's the left's attempt to compare it to the Holocaust that ought to be offensive. It trivializes the Holocaust
                          They do the same thing with the whole same-sex thing comparing it to slavery.

Comment

Hogan's Heroes was great. I've always been disappointed it didn't get to have a real conclusion.

Comment

You have to ask yourself if someone who has to play such disingenuous word games really has a valid argument to begin with.
                              No, not really. If the person had a valid argument, they'd use it.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

They do the same thing with the whole same-sex thing comparing it to slavery.
                                The people comparing baking same-sex wedding cakes to slavery are conservative Christians, not "the left".
                                Last edited by Roy; 08-14-2018, 04:02 AM.
                                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment