Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Mexico Camp for School Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nickolson.jpg
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      [non-PC mode]

A boyfriend.

Though having seen the size of some US gals, some-one twice their size would die of a heart attack before ever being a threat.

[/non-PC mode]
      I have difficulty envisioning someone twice the size of the some of the gals I encounter on the Metro.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Victim blaming? That's a new low for you, floor.
        He needs to change his name to cellar dweller

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Victim blaming? That's a new low for you, floor.
          We were talking risk assessment and decisions about what weapons to carry when out walking. If you have to ask yourself, do I take the .22 or the .38, you might first be wondering if you should go there by other means.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            We were talking risk assessment and decisions about what weapons to carry when out walking. If you have to ask yourself, do I take the .22 or the .38, you might first be wondering if you should go there by other means.
            I carry everywhere...grocery store, gas station, restaurant, church...it doesn't matter. I carry a .380 and my wife carries a .22 so, there's never a decision to be made!
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              I carry everywhere...grocery store, gas station, restaurant, church...it doesn't matter. I carry a .380 and my wife carries a .22 so, there's never a decision to be made!
              Must be nice. Even if one manages to jump through the hoops to get a permit here, one may only carry under very restrictive conditions (IIRC, must be carrying over $10,000, etc.).
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He's going to post all kinds of studies to back up his assertion, just wait.....

No, no. The evidence is secret. If I told you about it you might want to revoke my security clearance.
                Please keep watching the brilliant Rachel Maddow.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You never know when someone is going to attack you or mug you.

People don't go, "Hurrr, I think I will walk down a dark alley in the bad part of town tonight so I will carry a gun, hurrr.." - Women get attacked in parking lots, walking down the street, by their dates. In ordinary circumstances. That is why carrying a gun is warranted, because you never know when they will be needed.

Comment

No, no. The evidence is secret. If I told you about it you might want to revoke my security clearance.
                    When she switches to decaf, maybe.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        That is how it once was in the West. Everybody had a six-shooter on his belt. Ah - for the good old days.

Somehow though, I just can't imagine going to Church with everybody toting a gun. Just seems ... wrong.

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          That is how it once was in the West. Everybody had a six-shooter on his belt. Ah - for the good old days.

Somehow though, I just can't imagine going to Church with everybody toting a gun. Just seems ... wrong.

Jim
                          I'm an authorized member of the Security Team at my church. We have quarterly security drills and I have to qualify once a year on the range. It's not like everyone carries...but they know we are there and carrying, including the Pastor...and we all carry concealed.

p.s. I'm too old to fight and too slow to run. I'll take my chances with my own gun...
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Jim
                            It helps when you are taking collection.

Comment

Despite movie depictions life was considerably less violent in the towns and cities of the "wild west" than they were back east where gun control measures were often strictly enforced

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Despite movie depictions life was considerably less violent in the towns and cities of the "wild west" than they were back east where gun control measures were often strictly enforced
                                Wait, you mean they didn't go around shooting up saloons and having showdowns in the street at high noon?

Comment