Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Mexico Camp for School Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico Camp for School Shooters

Man arrested at 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings

The father of a missing 3-year-old who was arrested at a New Mexico compound linked to "extremist Muslims" last week was training children to commit school shootings, court documents filed on Wednesday revealed.

Prosecutors allege Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, 39, was conducting weapons training on the compound, where 11 children were found hungry and living in squalor. They asked Wahhaj, who appeared in court on Wednesday, be held without bail.

Wahhaj is the son of a Brooklyn imam, also named Siraj Wahhaj, who was named by prosecutors as an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the New York Post reported.

Authorities raided the compound on Friday after a monthslong search investigating the disappearance of Abdul-ghani Wahhaj, a boy with severe medical issues who went missing from Georgia in December.

On Monday, a child's remains were found on the property, but authorities were working on a positive identification and did not confirm if the remains were that of the missing boy.

Lucas Morton, Jany Leveille, 35, Hujrah Wahhaj, 38, and Subhannah Wahhaj, 35, were also arrested on the property on Friday and all face child abuse charges.

The makeshift compound — located near the Colorado border — was found shielded by old tires, wooden pallets and other debris. Upon authorities' arrival, Wahhaj was "heavily armed with an AR15 rifle, five loaded 30 round magazines, and four loaded pistols, including one in his pocket when he was taken down," Taos County Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe said.

The sheriff said the children, ages 1 to 15, "looked like third world country refugees not only with no food or fresh water, but with no shoes, personal hygiene and basically dirty rags for clothing.”

New Mexico compound believed to have Islamic extremist ties

The only food investigators found were some potatoes and a box of rice inside a dirty trailer, the sheriff said, adding that the living conditions were “the ugliest looking, filthiest” he’s ever seen.

Hogrefe previously said the occupants of the compound were "most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/08...ments-say.html

also on CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-mex...ay-2018-08-08/

I would love to know...

A) How many other "unindicted co-conspirators" are out there
    2) Why they weren't indicted
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This isn't surprising considering the sharp increase in school shootings over the past few years. Liberals want to blame the guns, of course, but something has to be compelling all these kids to pull the trigger.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        This isn't surprising considering the sharp increase in school shootings over the past few years. Liberals want to blame the guns, of course, but something has to be compelling all these kids to pull the trigger.
        Well I really doubt it was this guy. From the descriptions these kids had never been to a real school much less been able to blend in enough to commit a shooting. Sounds more like a muslim cult terrorist wannabe than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Well I really doubt it was this guy. From the descriptions these kids had never been to a real school much less been able to blend in enough to commit a shooting. Sounds more like a muslim cult terrorist wannabe than anything else.
          It would not surprise me if there are other similar camps that are better operated and more successful.

Comment

A few other details

In the first days of coverage most news stories either ignored the fact that these were terrorist training camps teaching children to attack schools, or if mentioned at all, buried it deep within the story. Many of those who did mention it have still left out the link to Islamicist terrorism.

Look at the, what can only be described as deliberately negligent coverage by the New York Times: 11 Children Found in ‘Filthy’ New Mexico Compound, Sheriff Says and the follow up Boy's Remains Found at New Mexico Desert Compound. Pathetic.

And while one of the New York Times accounts does mention the weapons found there they somehow overlooked including the fact that, according to the initial press release issued by Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe, who led the raid on the training camp, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj was armed with them and hold up in a building.

The 'all day' operation went without major incident or any injuries, but when encountered both men initially refused to follow verbal direction and Wahhaj who was held up inside the compound was heavily armed with an AR15 rifle, five loaded 30 round magazines, and four loaded pistols, including one in his pocket when he was taken down.

CNN, which quoted the press release, but cut out the portion that stated

it had to be a search warrant and a tactical approach for our own safety because we had learned the occupants were most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief

And then last Wednesday when court documents were released concerning the allegations that the children there were being trained to carry out school shootings, both ABC and CBS still refused to report on the terrorist connection although likely because NBC broke ranks and started covering the terrorism connection they finally did bring it up in later broadcasts.

Oh, as a side note, it should be mentioned that the one of the principle organizers of the Women's March held about a year and a half ago has declared the unidicted co-conspirator is her mentor.
            Last edited by rogue06; 08-14-2018, 01:34 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If we had heard about the sort of training that most of the 9/11 terrorists received we likely would have dismissed them as wannabes as well.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                A few other details

In the first days of coverage most news stories either ignored the fact that these were terrorist training camps teaching children to attack schools, or if mentioned at all, buried it deep within the story. Many of those who did mention it have still left out the link to Islamicist terrorism.

Look at the, what can only be described as deliberately negligent coverage by the New York Times: 11 Children Found in ‘Filthy’ New Mexico Compound, Sheriff Says and the follow up Boy's Remains Found at New Mexico Desert Compound. Pathetic.

And while one of the New York Times accounts does mention the weapons found there they somehow overlooked including the fact that, according to the initial press release issued by Sheriff Jerry Hogrefe, who led the raid on the training camp, Siraj Ibn Wahhaj was armed with them and hold up in a building.

The 'all day' operation went without major incident or any injuries, but when encountered both men initially refused to follow verbal direction and Wahhaj who was held up inside the compound was heavily armed with an AR15 rifle, five loaded 30 round magazines, and four loaded pistols, including one in his pocket when he was taken down.

CNN, which quoted the press release, but cut out the portion that stated

it had to be a search warrant and a tactical approach for our own safety because we had learned the occupants were most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief

And then last Wednesday when court documents were released concerning the allegations that the children there were being trained to carry out school shootings, both ABC and CBS still refused to report on the terrorist connection although likely because NBC broke ranks and started covering the terrorism connection they finally did bring it up in later broadcasts.

Oh, as a side note, it should be mentioned that the one of the principle organizers of the Women's March held about a year and a half ago has declared the unidicted co-conspirator is her mentor.

Comment

As Pamela Geller often says, the liberal media only considers Muslims newsworthy when they aren't killing people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    As Pamela Geller often says, the liberal media only considers Muslims newsworthy when they aren't killing people.
                    Imagine the coverage if they discovered that Siraj Ibn Wahhaj's second cousin's roommate dated an NRA member.

Comment

Imagine the coverage if they discovered that Siraj Ibn Wahhaj's second cousin's roommate dated an NRA member.
                      Or had an uncle who was a Christian!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29919[/ATTACH]
                        Man found with 11 children on filthy New Mexico compound was training them to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
                        https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-found-...ry?id=57114702

Children found in New Mexico compound were being trained to commit school shootings
                        https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...-1295071299618

Man at filthy New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
                        https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-mex...ay-2018-08-08/

Children were brought to New Mexico compound for weapons training, officials said
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.600d6ca3dd63

Comment

Now THIS is really disgusting and stupid:

Judge releases New Mexico suspects arrested on child abuse charges

A New Mexico judge agreed on Monday to release five suspects who were arrested on child abuse charges and were alleged to have been training the children to carry out school shootings. The decision to release the suspects on bond came against the wishes of the sheriff's department and FBI.

The suspects -- two men and three women -- were arrested last week at a makeshift compound in Amalia, New Mexico, where authorities rescued 11 emaciated children living in filthy conditions with very little food and no clean water, according to police.

Judge Sarah Backus ordered the suspects -- Siraj Ibn Wahhaj, 40, Lucas Morton, 40, Jany Leveille, 35, Hujrah Wahhaj, 37, and Subhannah Wahhaj, 35 -- released on $20,000 bond each on Monday evening and ordered them to wear ankle monitors until trial, the Taos County Sheriff's Office announced.
                          The Taos County sheriff, undersheriff, prosecutors and an FBI agent involved in the case all argued the five adults should not be released, Albuquerque ABC affiliate KOAT reported. The judge, however, said they failed to articulate a "specific threat."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspects-m...ry?id=57160858

Comment

Man found with 11 children on filthy New Mexico compound was training them to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
                            https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-found-...ry?id=57114702

Children found in New Mexico compound were being trained to commit school shootings
                            https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news...-1295071299618

Man at filthy New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings, prosecutors say
                            https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-mex...ay-2018-08-08/

Children were brought to New Mexico compound for weapons training, officials said
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.600d6ca3dd63
                            Notice the dates for the stories. All of this was known for several days by this point.

And as I noted it took awhile for them to cover it. ABC and CBS tried to continue to ignore that aspect even after court documents were released indicating this was a terrorist training camp but relented after NBC broke ranks.

although I probably should have been clearer that I was specifically referencing their evening broadcasts.

Comment

Notice the dates for the stories. All of this was known for several days by this point.

And as I noted it took awhile for them to cover it. ABC and CBS tried to continue to ignore that aspect even after court documents were released indicating this was a terrorist training camp but relented after NBC broke ranks.

although I probably should have been clearer that I was specifically referencing their evening broadcasts.
                              You are starting to pull a Carp.

Comment