Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

See more
See less

Was salvation originally intended to be exclusively for Jews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
    I spoke to my mother tonight, and she assures me that it was pretty clear what was being said, but has promised to approach the teacher and make sure she hasn't misunderstood.
    Sounds like a plan!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I also gave her a link to this thread and she's read most of the replies so far. (Hi Mum!)
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I also gave her a link to this thread and she's read most of the replies so far. (Hi Mum!)
        Glad I didn't call her names or be mean to her!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Bible seems to indicate that it was a live question for some very early in the church but that it was cleared up very quickly. It's understandable that not everything was worked out at once; even Peter had to be rebuked for getting some of these things wrong.

But what was originally intended by Jesus? I think we see the answer with Jesus telling the thief on the cross (who was almost certainly a Gentile) he would be saved.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The Bible study in question is tonight. I might get a chance to speak to the teacher, but it's more likely my mother will speak to her alone. (I don't attend the study myself, I go to a church service held the same night in another part of the building).
            Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

There are no accidents in God's will. If some Jews fulfilled their Judaism by becoming Christians, while other Jews stayed obstinately to their traditions, that's completely within divine providence.

Comment

A Bible study teacher at my church who leads a lot of women's study groups has been teaching some things that just don't sound right to me. My mother, who attends this woman's classes, has told me that she taught that Jesus died only for the Jews, and that after the Jews rejected him God decided to allow gentiles to be saved after all. She said she's glad the Jews rejected him because if they hadn't, we would have had no hope. I've never heard this teaching before.

Has anyone heard this before? Where does it come from? What do I tell her, or ask her?

Comment