Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Collusion update: "no factual evidence"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Can you tell us what "issues" you think we are asleep to?
    hmm - you been reading the threads I've been posting in on Trump? I would think the things I've said so far would be a good start ...

Our call to pursue peace with all men as much as possible would be a start. Following Donald Trump and putting ourselves all in with him is pretty much the opposite of that. I wonder what the average unchurched fellow thinks about a bunch of Christians preaching the virtues of Donald Trump as president and then comparing THAT to what Jesus taught about how we should live, or what the local preacher preaches about what is good and moral and right. I know I'm confused by it, and I'm a Christian.

Now understand, I'm not talking here about the old 'eating with sinners thing'. I'm talking about people rah-rahing his hateful rhetoric at his rallies, ignoring his lies about his affairs etc etc. Jesus ate with sinners - he wasn't 'self-righteous' so to speak - but he also stood upright about what was and was not sin while he was eating with them! He never compromised his message of righteousness in order to get an invitation to their houses, and he never compromised his call to repentance because they offered him some material thing, or because they promised to fix one or two things that were wrong in Judea that day.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      hmm - you been reading the threads I've been posting in on Trump? I would think the things I've said so far would be a good start ...

Our call to pursue peace with all men as much as possible would be a start. Following Donald Trump and putting ourselves all in with him is pretty much the opposite of that. I wonder what the average unchurched fellow thinks about a bunch of Christians preaching the virtues of Donald Trump as president and then comparing THAT to what Jesus taught about how we should live, or what the local preacher preaches about what is good and moral and right. I know I'm confused by it, and I'm a Christian.

Now understand, I'm not talking here about the old 'eating with sinners thing'. I'm talking about people rah-rahing his hateful rhetoric at his rallies, ignoring his lies about his affairs etc etc. Jesus ate with sinners - he wasn't 'self-righteous' so to speak - but he also stood upright about what was and was not sin while he was eating with them! He never compromised his message of righteousness in order to get an invitation to their houses, and he never compromised his call to repentance because they offered him some material thing, or because they promised to fix one or two things that were wrong in Judea that day.

Jim
      Those opposing Trump, that you identify with, have been using hateful rhetoric too, and rioting in the streets and burning cars and buildings and opposing free speech.

And Trump has pretty much destroyed ISIS since being in office and made nice with North Korea and gotten North and South Korea to actually talk and settle things. That sounds like "making peace with all men" to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Those opposing Trump, that you identify with, have been using hateful rhetoric too, and rioting in the streets and burning cars and buildings and opposing free speech.
        Not to mention attacking a U.S. Senator in his backyard and sending him to the hospital and the shooting up of a baseball field where Republican Congressmen were practicing for a charity game by someone who wrote "Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jim
          I don't think any of us is "all in" with Trump...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Not to mention attacking a U.S. Senator in his backyard and sending him to the hospital and the shooting up of a baseball field where Republican Congressmen were practicing for a charity game by someone who wrote "Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co."
            And the rhetoric from people like Maxine Waters and Pelosi. They are just as rough and uncouth as anything Trump has said.

Comment

And the rhetoric from people like Maxine Waters and Pelosi. They are just as rough and uncouth as anything Trump has said.
              actually in Maxine waters case worse. she out and out called for her suporters to harass those who worked in the Trump administration. her calls were to harrass them when they were going about their private business like going out to dinner getting gas etc. I never heard of Trump telling his supporters to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                actually in Maxine waters case worse. she out and out called for her suporters to harass those who worked in the Trump administration. her calls were to harrass them when they were going about their private business like going out to dinner getting gas etc. I never heard of Trump telling his supporters to do that.
                No surprise. Obama urged his supporters "to argue with them [friends and neighbors] and get in their face" as well as saying if your opponents bring a [rhetorical] knife to a fight, you should bring a gun.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  No surprise. Obama urged his supporters "to argue with them [friends and neighbors] and get in their face" as well as saying if your opponents bring a [rhetorical] knife to a fight, you should bring a gun.
                  Hey, when you're dealing with evil incarnate, no measure is too extreme.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And Trump has pretty much destroyed ISIS since being in office and made nice with North Korea and gotten North and South Korea to actually talk and settle things. That sounds like "making peace with all men" to me.
                    There you go again. The fact others do wrong things to does not make what Trump does ok.

And I have never, not one time, said I side with any of the things you mention as being associated with opposing Trump. If the thread was rejoicing in those things, you'd see me opposing that just as strongly.

I oppose Trump.

And I oppose those things too.

But this thread is not about 'those things'.

It is about rejoicing in the fact nobody has been able to catch "The Donald" in the act so to speak. And that is what I have been addressing.

Jim
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                      Have you ever noticed that escalation of rhetoric and aggressive posturing rarely works out well?

What did Jesus say about this sort of thing? "Hit 'em back harder"? Is that who we are?

Again, you have forgotten who you are.

We do not 'hit 'em back harder'. We seek peace. We turn the other cheek. We act in love, not with a tit for tat escalation of poor behavior. Not by saying "but they did worse'. And certainly not by saying, "If they hit me, I'll hit them back 10 times harder."

Jim

Comment

Have you ever noticed that escalation of rhetoric and aggressive posturing rarely works out well?

What did Jesus say about this sort of thing? "Hit 'em back harder"? Is that who we are?

Again, you have forgotten who you are.
                        Look in the mirror, Jim. Your anti-Trump rhetoric here is hardly benign.

I'll also note that RTT was in no way advocating what you imply, but stating a fact which you seem reluctant to acknowledge. Ironically, you are fighting imagined rhetoric here with ...increased rhetoric.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Look in the mirror, Jim. Your anti-Trump rhetoric here is hardly benign.

I'll also note that RTT was in no way advocating what you imply, but stating a fact which you seem reluctant to acknowledge. Ironically, you are fighting imagined rhetoric here with ...increased rhetoric.
                          No, in this case I'm dealing with the continuous practice of saying bad deeds by "The Donald" are justified because some person or group of people on the left also did a bad deed.

Jim

Comment

No, in this case I'm dealing with the continuous practice of saying bad deeds by "The Donald" are justified because some person or group of people on the left also did a bad deed.

Jim
                            No, you're not. You're dealing with a case of someone in high dudgeon over Trump's actions who at best begrudgingly acknowledges that those in the anti-Trump camp do the same or worse. Look in the mirror, Jim. Deflecting is not helping you. I am not defending Trump's antics. Cow Poke is not defending Trump's antics. Sparko is not defending Trump's antics. What we are doing is arguing against the notion that he is evil incarnate, because in spite of himself he has accomplished some good things.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              No, you're not. You're dealing with a case of someone in high dudgeon over Trump's actions who at best begrudgingly acknowledges that those in the anti-Trump camp do the same or worse. Look in the mirror, Jim. Deflecting is not helping you. I am not defending Trump's antics. Cow Poke is not defending Trump's antics. Sparko is not defending Trump's antics. What we are doing is arguing against the notion that he is evil incarnate, because in spite of himself he has accomplished some good things.
                              This thread celebrates Trump's deferment so far of justice. And what you just said simply does not align with the content of the posts to this thread in support of DT by those you mention. Though I have no intention of reviewing the entire thread for you in a futile attempt to get you to acknowledge that simple fact.

Donald Trump is currently planning to strip good men, men whose experience this country needs, of their clearances in an act of revenge.

Those of you that defend him in light of all the evil we know about to this date I simply do not understand and I intend to continue to try to make my point until either you wake up or you are capable of justifying your own position with something more substantial than

"But Johnny did something almost as bad too"

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                                I don't think any of us is "all in" with Trump...
                                You just voted for him and defend him.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment