Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

On the Etiquette of dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I thought you didn't believe in a block universe. Such a theory would require a block universe not only one, but an infinite number of them at the same time.
    I don't, and neither does what I described require a static/block universe. The multi-verse isn't static like the block universe, it evolves, and each universe within it evolves, smoothly and determinedly. The reason schroedingers cat is seen as being both dead and alive is because theoretically they are 2 cats and exist in 2 seperate universes within the multi-verse and so we don't know which universe that is until we actually observe the reality. If we're in one universe then upon observation we might observe the cat to be alive, if in another universe we might see the cat to be dead. But none of it occurs until it actually happens, which is synonymous with saying it doesn't happen until we see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      I don't, and neither does what I described require a static/block universe. The multi-verse isn't static like the block universe, it evolves, and each universe within it evolves, smoothly and determinedly. The reason schroedingers cat is seen as being both dead and alive is because theoretically they are 2 cats and exist in 2 seperate universes within the multi-verse and so we don't know which universe that is until we actually observe the reality. If we're in one universe then upon observation we might observe the cat to be alive, if in another universe we might see the cat to be dead. But none of it occurs until it actually happens, which is synonymous with saying it doesn't happen until we see it.
      so your universes all have to exist already in all permutations before any event happens. There had to be infinite universes that existed before anyone even put the cat into the box (or didn't) - and since quantum theory says each new decision happens every possible way, that means that all of those universes, if they already existed before any such decision was made has to have all of the future to have already existed too. So a block universe consisting of infinite universes containing every possible variation and choice possible for any current and future decisions.

Comment