Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why is San Francisco ... covered in POOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Idiotic Missile View Post
    "Imprison the homeless." - Seer, a Christian
    I read something recently that I found very interesting. Apparently some liberal or other got it in their head some time ago that psychiatric institutions were "inhumane", and as one thing led to another, a lot of the mentally ill people who used to be housed and cared for in clean, secure facilities are now wandering the streets. This is why there seems to be a sudden "epidemic" of homeless people throughout the United States.

And for the record, seer never said to imprison the homeless, he said that people who defecate in public should be arrested, which is hard to disagree with.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Could it be what was originally meant as a joke started becoming a useful tool as the problem got increasingly worse?
      Are you talking about Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Are you talking about Trump?
        And the full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome extremus surfaces yet again.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And the full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome extremus surfaces yet again.
          It is amazing the power Trump has over his enemies, making them dance like little puppets, keeping them focused on his antics the whole time he's getting things done.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It is amazing the power Trump has over his enemies, making them dance like little puppets, keeping them focused on his antics the whole time he's getting things done.
            Trump is living rent free in the heads of liberals everywhere.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Trump is living rent free in the heads of liberals everywhere.
              And he makes them becoming more like him every day!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                See, why aren't journalists doing that kind of work to make sure their news are correct?

The dataset is three years old and hasn't changed since then. I literally can't find anyone discussing or promoting it, or any references to linking to in any useful way either on Twitter or Reddit, or anywhere else. The only who is discussing is are conservatives news sources or commentators like Rush Limbaugh who's falsely claiming that its an official city app, or even that maps are handed out on streets etc.
                It's certainly not "official" in that I doubt the city would ever do that even if there were waist-deep mounds literally everywhere. Still, even the liberal Democrat mayor, London Breed, has acknowledged in an interview given shortly after being elected a couple months ago that the problem is rapidly getting out of hand. "I will say there is more feces on the sidewalks than I’ve ever seen growing up here," Breed told KNTV, branded as NBC Bay Area. I think the confusion may come from the fact that you can file complaints about feces on San Francisco's Department of Public Works 311 app on Twitter.

ETA: And apparently there are poop maps so I don't think it's inconceivable that they are being handed out somewhere

Last edited by rogue06; 08-20-2018, 09:58 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  What I don't get is where were these homeless numbers 20 - 30 years ago? We never had homeless camps in my town until about five years ago, now we have a number of them. What has changed?
                  Liberals 'helping' them?

Comment

It's certainly not "official" in that I doubt the city would ever do that even if there were waist-deep mounds literally everywhere. Still, even the liberal Democrat mayor, London Breed, has acknowledged in an interview given shortly after being elected a couple months ago that the problem is rapidly getting out of hand. "I will say there is more feces on the sidewalks than I’ve ever seen growing up here," Breed told KNTV, branded as NBC Bay Area. I think the confusion may come from the fact that you can file complaints about feces on San Francisco's Department of Public Works 311 app on Twitter.

ETA: And apparently there are poop maps so I don't think it's inconceivable that they are being handed out somewhere

poopmap.jpg
                    http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Well no I would have you arrested too if you were pooping on the street, homeless or not. And if you kept doing it you should get jail time. Never mind the fact, having done prison ministry for a number of years, jail can be the only time they get clean (off of drugs/booze) three hot meals, a bed and health care.
                      The point of the article is that they have no other choice, so it is no different than arresting them because they are homeless.

Comment

I read something recently that I found very interesting. Apparently some liberal or other got it in their head some time ago that psychiatric institutions were "inhumane", and as one thing led to another, a lot of the mentally ill people who used to be housed and cared for in clean, secure facilities are now wandering the streets. This is why there seems to be a sudden "epidemic" of homeless people throughout the United States.

And for the record, seer never said to imprison the homeless, he said that people who defecate in public should be arrested, which is hard to disagree with.
                        You read a load of BS. The increase in homeless population in cities is due to stagnant wages and rising housing costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          You read a load of BS. The increase in homeless population in cities is due to stagnant wages and rising housing costs.
                          You mean like forcing businesses to pay $15/hour in San Fran? Maybe there are more homeless because businesses can't afford that much.

Comment

Nonsense, how many of these people are actually working!
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The point of the article is that they have no other choice, so it is no different than arresting them because they are homeless.
                              Now that is BS, this is about addiction and crime:

City statistics shows that at any given time, there are 7,500 homeless living on the streets. The issue has been exacerbated by the country’s ongoing opioid epidemic.

Throughout the city, homeless people are seen daily shooting up heroin and smoking methamphetamine in broad daylight on downtown streets. According to reports from the city’s Department of Public Works, 10,000 needles were collected off the streets in March of 2017, compared with just 3,000 during the same time period the previous year.

The issue isn’t just affecting the city’s residents; it has also been blamed as a major detriment to the tourism industry.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-business.html

San Francisco, America’s boom town, is flooded with the cash of well-paid technology workers and record numbers of tourists. At the same time, the city has seen a sharp jump in property crime, up more than 60 percent since 2010, though the actual increase may be higher because many of the crimes go unreported.

Recent data from the F.B.I. show that San Francisco has the highest per-capita property crime rate of the nation’s top 50 cities. About half the cases here are thefts from vehicles, smash-and-grabs that scatter glittering broken glass onto the sidewalks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/25/u...or-worsen.html

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It was a lot more complicated than that. There was a reaction to the "snake pit" image of mental institutions, a number of studies showing that people exhibiting no signs of mental illness still being confined, movies like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the advent of psychiatric drugs able to manage psychotic episodes along with a bunch of other factors that led to wide-scale deinstitutionalisation.

Comment