Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheeeesh.....

it never ends.

I talked to Social Security Admin, and the guy told me if she had a current medical bill that showed her name and patient ID, they would consider that.
    Since she's recently been hospitalized, I had her search through her papers looking for that.

As she was shuffling through all her papers (she had a TON of papers having to do with the court case on the house) she opened a folder, and her original SOCIAL SECURITY CARD fell out of a pocket of a folder!

We used that to go back to DPS - there were only TWO PEOPLE IN LINE ahead of us, and she got her drivers license!

Then, on the way home, a girlfriend called her to let her know her husband was not home last night like he had said, and the waterworks started all over again.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Grace and peace! To you and yours...
      "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

OK, Back on track....

Maybe it was just the intense pressure of selling the place, being homeless, adjusting to meds.... things are WAY calmed down now.
        Got the proceeds from the sale, paid off all warrants/tickets, got both of them updated drivers' licenses, George got a car - paid cash - husband's truck's transmission is fixed...
        I think they are planning to stay together and work things out.

If EVER she had an opportunity for a "clean slate" - this is it. New friends, new surroundings, all debt paid, new doctor who seems genuinely interested in weaning her off even the prescription drugs if possible....

And she's talking about getting her spiritual life squared away.

If she blows it this time - I don't know what else I could have done. It's on them!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          OK, Back on track....

Maybe it was just the intense pressure of selling the place, being homeless, adjusting to meds.... things are WAY calmed down now.
          Got the proceeds from the sale, paid off all warrants/tickets, got both of them updated drivers' licenses, George got a car - paid cash - husband's truck's transmission is fixed...
          I think they are planning to stay together and work things out.

If EVER she had an opportunity for a "clean slate" - this is it. New friends, new surroundings, all debt paid, new doctor who seems genuinely interested in weaning her off even the prescription drugs if possible....

And she's talking about getting her spiritual life squared away.

If she blows it this time - I don't know what else I could have done. It's on them!

It always has been.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

OK, so an update for whomsoever careth, or for my own reference in the future...

George is happier than I have seen her in a long time.

The main place where she goes for her NA meetings was kind of a run down house - I suspect it was a crack house at one time - but I personally know the leaders of that group, and am glad she's associating with them.

They wanted to get rid of the "crack house" appearance, so they have been spending their own time and sweat equity fixing it up.

George and her husband volunteered to do some sheet rock repair, spackling, prep and painting - and she has been literally working on that with him all day.

Her attitude is excellent, she seems much more "clear" than I have seen her in ages, and she's thrilled that they (her and her husband) both have vehicles without car payments, both have proper driver's licenses, both have insurance on both vehicles, neither of them has any warrants or baggage.... And this project working with the owners of the NA house really seems to be helping her self-esteem. She's a worker, and her husband is quite an artist, air brushing and stuff like that.

She is spending her money wisely, insisting I keep it in my account, and dish it out to her as needed. She even introduces me as her "financial advisor and life coach".

Comment

Another update.

Steve has a job, George continues to get better - she's acting like an actual happy person. All of her kids (Heidi - 22, Ryleigh -16 and Spongebob -12, will be going with her to the local football game tonight, then Ry and Sponge will spend the night at George's house. George is cooking a big pot of chicken gumbo for them, and is thrilled to be having her family "all together" in her house. (Ry is performing at halftime with the "whatever they call themselves" drill team)

George has actually abandoned the "culture of death" decor - she used to be into all black, skulls, heavy metal kind of decor -- and has gone with a soft grey and white and pink motif. She's proud that her "home" looks more like an adult's than a teenager in rebellion.

She keeps posting about how wonderful it is to be clean and sober, and to have actual conversations and interactions with her kids.

I am praising God for helping her "come to herself" (Luke 15:17 KJV)

Comment

It is SO NICE to get texts like these than the heartbreaking ones I've had over the past 10-12 years...

2018-11-10 12.51.25.jpg2018-11-10 12.51.35.jpg2018-11-10 12.51.44.jpg

Comment

This is an amazing turn around CP! So happy for you and your family!
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    This is an amazing turn around CP! So happy for you and your family!
                    Thanks, LJ - she is SO looking forward to Thanksgiving with the family, because, in the past, she has been SUCH a "downer", and she knows it -- she want's this to be our best Thanksgiving EVER as a family.

Comment

It is SO NICE to get texts like these than the heartbreaking ones I've had over the past 10-12 years...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32927[/ATTACH]
                      Sure beats the puddin' out of help posting bail requests and the like.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 11-10-2018, 01:38 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

God does amazing things.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          God does amazing things.
                          He certainly do! Mrs CP and I took George (who you now know as Chrissy) and her husband out for a nice steak dinner, and we realized it was the first time we had dinner "out" with just them in ages and ages. It was very nice, and none of the tension or apprehension of the past.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32927[/ATTACH]
                            Great news.

Comment

So, because so many in my family are in law enforcement or nursing / healthcare, many of our family members had to work Thanksgiving day.

We'll be having our Thanksgiving Dinner this coming Sunday.

George (Chrissy - my eldest daughter) wanted to host a "mini-Thanksgiving" dinner for us on Thanksgiving day.

So, yesterday, Mrs CP and I worked at the local homeless shelter helping to feed 250 Thanksgiving meals, then George invited us to her place where she had bought a rotisserie chicken, and made mashed potatoes with garlic and bacon, green beans, Hawaiian King rolls, and Stovetop stuffing.

To be honest, I really didn't want to go, cause we were tired from working at the shelter, but to see her face light up when we got to her place was well worth it.

And she made a point of how pleased she was that she lived nearby us, and we could stop in any time, and it was so great to have family back again.

So, she's still doing REALLY GREAT, and this is quite a welcomed turnaround, for which I daily praise God!

Comment

Cause for great thanksgiving!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment