Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, that would be Erick - Heidi's fiancé.
    And that's me behind the camera.
    So where is Jake and Mrs ?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      So where is Jake and Mrs ?
      Mrs CP was putting the finishing touches on the meal, and does not like to be photographed.
      Jake was staring out the window, at John, our neighbor.

john.jpg

Also not pictured are Jenny (my youngest daughter), George (the object of this thread), Ryleigh Jo (my youngest granddaughter), SpongeBob (my grandson), and Karleigh Jo (Ryleigh Jo's best friend).
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I love all of it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

OK, so minor setback with George....

A couple days ago, she started having some psychotic events (for lack of a better term)

She was hearing voices and experiencing paranoia. It got pretty ugly, so we took her to our local hospital which has a pretty good EDP section, and they spent some time evaluating her.

Hopefully, it's just kinda like flashbacks from the period where she was doing drugs - she tested drug free - and she had stopped taking one of her medicines for bi-polar disorder, because she couldn't afford the meds. (I didn't know about that part)

The doc at the hospital prescribed a generic version of her meds, and it was WAY cheaper than the original, plus the doc gave her a GoodRx card, and suggested Walmart and asking for "the mercy program*". Her meds ended up being $18 for 90 day supply!

It will take a few days for things to settle down, apparently, but while she was at my house, she was absolutely convinced there were people in my attic with guns who were going to kill her and her parents.

*From what I understand, this is not a national thing with Walmart, but a special something worked out with the local community and our specific Walmart pharmacy, where meds for people in need are substantially discounted/subsidized.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OH, and something GOOD!!!! George's sister (with whom there has often been conflict due to (IMOHBAO) jealousy on George's part) went to the ER with me to be with George, and they actually got along really well, and Jay was quite helpful and supportive of her sister. So much so, that George asked if she could spend the night at Jay's house, and they had some pretty good interaction. Jay, if you'll recall, is a hospice nurse, with additional experience in the EDP world through our local PD.

Comment

A lot of drama going on, CP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  A lot of drama going on, CP.
                  So, on Thursday morning, after her visit to MHMR, George was committed (due to her talk about suicide) to a hospital by a local judge (a friend of mine) who believed she was a threat to herself.

George was taken to the hospital in Houston by a Sheriff's deputy (also a good friend of mine) and, even by her own account, she was treated kindly and with dignity by this deputy and the female deputy he was required to accompany him on this trip. (Even the SO uses the "Billy Graham rule )

She called me her first day there (Friday) and sounded like a scared little girl, telling me they won't let her eat anything, and the voices are threatening to kill her and cut her up in little pieces and feed her to the hogs, so she's even afraid to take a shower.

Since she's on "suicide watch", she's in the least "free" part of the hospital, but I know they wouldn't starve her.

On Saturday, she called, and sounded much less sad - and much more "clear headed". She explained that the voices had gotten quieter and much less aggressive, but they're still telling her they are going to kill her.

On Sunday after Church (and after stopping by a church building dedication) Mrs CP and I went to Houston to visit her. She was MUCH more calm, and seemed to be "in her right head", and told me "I had an epiphany last night - I told the voices - look, if you're going to kill me, knock yourselves out, because I know where I will spend eternity, and you'll just get me there sooner. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take a shower, and if you want to kill me and cut me up there, it will be easier for the hospital staff to clean up the mess!"

She told me again that she was thinking much more clearly, the voices were pretty much muted, she had no desire whatsoever to harm herself or anybody else, but she REALLY needed out of that "suicide watch" part of the hospital, because the people there are loony and loud, and one guy goes around exposing himself and waving his penis at the girls... And, yes, she looked like a TOTALLY calm and 'normal' person compared to the other patients --- she was CLEARLY in the wrong place at this point, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her Dad.

Where we met with her at the hospital was in the "visiting room", which was about 15x15' and three other patient/families with us, each of us in our own corner. The acoustics were HORRIBLE, as all surfaces were 'hard' - floor, walls, ceiling -- like a big echo chamber. My hearing is EXCELLENT, but is such that I can hear "other people" in a room like that much more clearly than I can hear the person I'm talking to close up. That would DRIVE ME CRAZY if I were to have to put up with that for very long. George realized that, and said, "let's step outside (the "cage") so we went out into the hall in front of the control room. One of the orderlies (do we call them that?) at first objected, but I explained "I can't hear in there", so he just motioned us a little farther down the hall, and signaled "OK". VERY SHORTLY after that, another orderly came along and demanded we visit "in the Visiting room". George pointed out "that goes on all the time here - one person tells you to do one thing, then another person comes along yelling at you cause you are doing what you were told to do"

Anyway, GOOD visit with her yesterday - and she told us that she knows she needs help, but her current arrangement is only going to drive her nuts. She has an appointment with a doctor this morning to assess her situation, so hopefully she will be moved out of that ward and into a more 'normal' situation where patients are allowed to roam the premises not on "lock down".

When we were ready to leave, she asked, "OK, can we pray"? I was pleased that she prompted that - not me. We prayed, and I asked God to remind her whose she is, and to protect her and give her strength, etc...

This morning, she called me to let me know she slept like a baby, the voices didn't bother her all night, and she had taken a shower and feels so much better. Obviously, this is going to be a journey.

Your prayers are appreciated.

Comment

So, on Thursday morning, after her visit to MHMR, George was committed (due to her talk about suicide) to a hospital by a local judge (a friend of mine) who believed she was a threat to herself.

George was taken to the hospital in Houston by a Sheriff's deputy (also a good friend of mine) and, even by her own account, she was treated kindly and with dignity by this deputy and the female deputy he was required to accompany him on this trip. (Even the SO uses the "Billy Graham rule )

She called me her first day there (Friday) and sounded like a scared little girl, telling me they won't let her eat anything, and the voices are threatening to kill her and cut her up in little pieces and feed her to the hogs, so she's even afraid to take a shower.

Since she's on "suicide watch", she's in the least "free" part of the hospital, but I know they wouldn't starve her.

On Saturday, she called, and sounded much less sad - and much more "clear headed". She explained that the voices had gotten quieter and much less aggressive, but they're still telling her they are going to kill her.

On Sunday after Church (and after stopping by a church building dedication) Mrs CP and I went to Houston to visit her. She was MUCH more calm, and seemed to be "in her right head", and told me "I had an epiphany last night - I told the voices - look, if you're going to kill me, knock yourselves out, because I know where I will spend eternity, and you'll just get me there sooner. Meanwhile, I'm gonna take a shower, and if you want to kill me and cut me up there, it will be easier for the hospital staff to clean up the mess!"

She told me again that she was thinking much more clearly, the voices were pretty much muted, she had no desire whatsoever to harm herself or anybody else, but she REALLY needed out of that "suicide watch" part of the hospital, because the people there are loony and loud, and one guy goes around exposing himself and waving his penis at the girls... And, yes, she looked like a TOTALLY calm and 'normal' person compared to the other patients --- she was CLEARLY in the wrong place at this point, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her Dad.

Where we met with her at the hospital was in the "visiting room", which was about 15x15' and three other patient/families with us, each of us in our own corner. The acoustics were HORRIBLE, as all surfaces were 'hard' - floor, walls, ceiling -- like a big echo chamber. My hearing is EXCELLENT, but is such that I can hear "other people" in a room like that much more clearly than I can hear the person I'm talking to close up. That would DRIVE ME CRAZY if I were to have to put up with that for very long. George realized that, and said, "let's step outside (the "cage") so we went out into the hall in front of the control room. One of the orderlies (do we call them that?) at first objected, but I explained "I can't hear in there", so he just motioned us a little farther down the hall, and signaled "OK". VERY SHORTLY after that, another orderly came along and demanded we visit "in the Visiting room". George pointed out "that goes on all the time here - one person tells you to do one thing, then another person comes along yelling at you cause you are doing what you were told to do"

Anyway, GOOD visit with her yesterday - and she told us that she knows she needs help, but her current arrangement is only going to drive her nuts. She has an appointment with a doctor this morning to assess her situation, so hopefully she will be moved out of that ward and into a more 'normal' situation where patients are allowed to roam the premises not on "lock down".

When we were ready to leave, she asked, "OK, can we pray"? I was pleased that she prompted that - not me. We prayed, and I asked God to remind her whose she is, and to protect her and give her strength, etc...

This morning, she called me to let me know she slept like a baby, the voices didn't bother her all night, and she had taken a shower and feels so much better. Obviously, this is going to be a journey.

Your prayers are appreciated.
                    The thing to watch for is when someone is feeling better they often tend to stop taking their meds. I had a friend who was schizophrenic and he would be doing great then decide he didn't need the meds and a week later he was out of his mind. Once he disappeared for a month and they finally found him in Mexico.

Comment

The thing to watch for is when someone is feeling better they often tend to stop taking their meds.
                      I think she knows that's why she's in the mess in the first place. I think this is a MAJOR wakeup call to her that she was doing really good for nearly a WHOLE YEAR, but about a month or so ago, she thought she was doing better, and didn't need her (one of the prescriptions whose name I cannot recall). It was EXPENSIVE, so she began weaning herself off it, then didn't get the scrip refilled. Fortunately, now that she's officially a client of MHMR, her prescriptions are covered by the State of Texas --- my tax dollars at work!

Meanwhile --- THIS JUST IN!!!!

She just called me a few minutes ago to let me know that, in her group therapy this morning, the counselor was trying to get to know her better, but the others in the room kept interrupting and disrupting and saying really inappropriate things... the counselor winked at her and said, "let's talk after the session". The counselor, after the session, told her "it's as black and white to me as anything that you don't belong in here, and I'm personally going to talk to your Physician's Assistant this morning and get you moved".

AS SHE SAID that, the PA walked into the room, and the counselor brightened up and said, "Speaking of the ANGEL!".... So all three of them talked, and after just a few minutes, the PA said, "I agree, I'm going to get you out of here TODAY!"

Supposedly, at this moment, they're waiting for somebody to walk her from this building to another section.

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!!!

Comment

I keep in mind, however...

Am I sad that she had to go through this?
                        Do I think it MIGHT have been NECESSARY?

I really think she needed this 'jolt' to help her realize how bad it can be if you "self medicate" or "self unmedicate".

I also keep in mind (being totally honest) that she's no dummy -- she's a VERY intelligent person who is not foreign to manipulating the system, so I'm being extra cautious about that.

When I mentioned that I had shared her situation with my Sunday School class (a close knit group) but not with the general congregation, she said, "It doesn't matter - it is what it is and I need prayer - I don't care who knows".

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko
                          um wrong thread?
                          Just seeing if you're paying attention.

Oh, and NOT ANYMORE!!!
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-29-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Just seeing if you're paying attention.

Oh, and NOT ANYMORE!!!
                            To whom are you talking?

Comment

To whom are you talking?
                              Use your powers for good, and not for evil, Buster!

Comment

So, this just in....

They moved her to another unit for people actually making PROGRESS.

One of the "biggies" to her --- "they won't be handing me a sandwich and an apple in a styrofoam container - I actually get to walk to the cafeteria and eat like a human!"

Comment