Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Cause for great thanksgiving!
    You got that right - previous Thanksgivings were approached with fear and dread, never knowing how she was going to act, with whom she was going to be at war, how badly she would fuss at her children, if and when she would actually show up...

Thanksgivings were not fun - they were a catastrophe waiting to happen.

SO GLAD that is in the past!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, so SpongeBob (my grandson) was staying with his Mom (Chrissy) last night, and late evening, George texted me asking if she and Sponge could stop by.
      My wife had just gone to bed, but I was still up.

George and Sponge stopped by, and George explained that her husband, Steve, had just blown up into a purple rage and was screaming at her in front of Spongebob, because, supposedly, George had been giving Steve "the cold shoulder".

Apparently, Steve had arranged for a couple from the old neighborhood to come to the house for some tattoos. Steve is still seeming to think he can make a living doing occasional tattoos, and just can't seem to get it his head that he needs to get an actual job and have a steady income.

So, George, who had met Steve in a tattoo parlor (surprise?) admits that she's troubled by the "class of clientele" that generally comes for tattoos. She said last night that she never realized how much the "tattoo business" is linked to "the dark side".

It's like her eyes have been truly opened, and she's seeing things she never saw before. The couple that was coming to get tattoos were some of the same "drug culture" people from the old neighborhood, and George simply doesn't feel comfortable having them in her home. She says it amazes her how much 'crap' she was willing to put up with because of the conversations and events surrounding the tattooing going on in their home in the past.

It's POSSIBLE that she won't be able to stay with Steve, but he hasn't brought in a dime of income in the last 6 months, and is pretty much her only link to "the culture of death". I'm giving this some serious prayer time.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        OK, so SpongeBob (my grandson) was staying with his Mom (Chrissy) last night, and late evening, George texted me asking if she and Sponge could stop by.
        My wife had just gone to bed, but I was still up.

George and Sponge stopped by, and George explained that her husband, Steve, had just blown up into a purple rage and was screaming at her in front of Spongebob, because, supposedly, George had been giving Steve "the cold shoulder".

Apparently, Steve had arranged for a couple from the old neighborhood to come to the house for some tattoos. Steve is still seeming to think he can make a living doing occasional tattoos, and just can't seem to get it his head that he needs to get an actual job and have a steady income.

So, George, who had met Steve in a tattoo parlor (surprise?) admits that she's troubled by the "class of clientele" that generally comes for tattoos. She said last night that she never realized how much the "tattoo business" is linked to "the dark side".

It's like her eyes have been truly opened, and she's seeing things she never saw before. The couple that was coming to get tattoos were some of the same "drug culture" people from the old neighborhood, and George simply doesn't feel comfortable having them in her home. She says it amazes her how much 'crap' she was willing to put up with because of the conversations and events surrounding the tattooing going on in their home in the past.

It's POSSIBLE that she won't be able to stay with Steve, but he hasn't brought in a dime of income in the last 6 months, and is pretty much her only link to "the culture of death". I'm giving this some serious prayer time.
        Thank God that the scales have fallen from her eyes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Thank God that the scales have fallen from her eyes.
          Again, I'm cautiously optimistic, but we've only had a couple speed bumps on the road, and she's handled those remarkably well, compared to how she managed things in the past.

And I have the joy of hearing some heart-felt "Dad, you were so right about......".

Comment

being around those types of people isn't good for spongebob either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              being around those types of people isn't good for spongebob either.
              Which is why George brought him to my house to hear our discussion, where George was being honest and open and has nothing to hide.

Steve is not SpongeBob's father, but has actually done a not-so-bad job of acting like one (at times) for the past 10 years. I just wish he had even a tiny bit of Christian "stuff".

Sponge is really impressed with his Mom's progress (I had about an hour and a half of windshield time the other day when I picked him up - and that's where I learn the most about my grandkids )

Sponge likes Steve, but he understands that Steve may not be helpful to Chrissy's recovery. He's OK if Steve leaves, but he's not pushing for that. He'd rather Steve "come around".

Comment

Which is why George brought him to my house to hear our discussion, where George was being honest and open and has nothing to hide.

Steve is not SpongeBob's father, but has actually done a not-so-bad job of acting like one (at times) for the past 10 years. I just wish he had even a tiny bit of Christian "stuff".

Sponge is really impressed with his Mom's progress (I had about an hour and a half of windshield time the other day when I picked him up - and that's where I learn the most about my grandkids )

Sponge likes Steve, but he understands that Steve may not be helpful to Chrissy's recovery. He's OK if Steve leaves, but he's not pushing for that. He'd rather Steve "come around".
                Sounds like he's smart kid. Must get it from his grandma.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sounds like he's smart kid. Must get it from his grandma.

99-of-a-childs-awesomeness-comes-from-their-grandmother-just-sayin--0cc93.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]33269[/ATTACH]
                    FIFY n/c

Wait! I was just funnin'
                    No need to pick up The PIN™
                    Oh poop. smiley runaway2.gif
                    Attached Files

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

2018-11-25 18.23.35.jpg

Comment

So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33313[/ATTACH]
                          So who's who

Comment

So who's who
                            Let's see...
                            • The young lady to the far left is Heidi - my oldest granddaughter who, at 21 years of age, rose up through the ranks of Walgreen from cashier to assistant store manager and pharmacy tech in just 2 years.
                            • The gentleman on the couch is the father of the children - he is our assistant district attorney.
                            • The little fella is Clarke - EVERY Sunday without fail he wants me to take him up to the front of the sanctuary at the end of the Service where I pick him up overlooking the baptistry so he can look at the Cross in the stained glass window, and tell me all the colors.
                            • The little lady is Morgan - who started off calling me "Mister Pastor", but has since started calling me "Papa", because my grandkids do.
                            • The foot at the front of the couch on the right belongs to my son-in-law who is currently the SWAT commander of our local PD, currently a sergeant, soon to be promoted directly to captain.
                            • I think the toes on the red recliner belong to the children's mommy, who "works from home" for a large furniture conglomerate and goes to trade shows in North Carolina several times a year where she routinely gets photographed with really important people like Mike Rowe, the Property Brothers, Paula Dean...

When I first came to this Church, Mrs CP and I were "the youth department" --- since then, we've had a number of younger families join.

Comment

Let's see...
                              • The young lady to the far left is Heidi - my oldest granddaughter who, at 21 years of age, rose up through the ranks of Walgreen from cashier to assistant store manager and pharmacy tech in just 2 years.
                              • The gentleman on the couch is the father of the children - he is our assistant district attorney.
                              • The little fella is Clarke - EVERY Sunday without fail he wants me to take him up to the front of the sanctuary at the end of the Service where I pick him up overlooking the baptistry so he can look at the Cross in the stained glass window, and tell me all the colors.
                              • The little lady is Morgan - who started off calling me "Mister Pastor", but has since started calling me "Papa", because my grandkids do.
                              • The foot at the front of the couch on the right belongs to my son-in-law who is currently the SWAT commander of our local PD, currently a sergeant, soon to be promoted directly to captain.
                              • I think the toes on the red recliner belong to the children's mommy, who "works from home" for a large furniture conglomerate and goes to trade shows in North Carolina several times a year where she routinely gets photographed with really important people like Mike Rowe, the Property Brothers, Paula Dean...

When I first came to this Church, Mrs CP and I were "the youth department" --- since then, we've had a number of younger families join.
                              And the knees covered in jeans in the bottom left corner?

Comment

And the knees covered in jeans in the bottom left corner?
                                Ah, that would be Erick - Heidi's fiancé.
                                And that's me behind the camera.

Comment