Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

2018-11-25 18.23.35.jpg

2. Amen lee_merrill, mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday was a big hit. Almost TOO good. Nobody wanted to go home.

George seemed happy, relaxed, was teasing and laughing with her kids --- ZERO drama.

Mrs CP went back to work this morning, and I'm doing dishes and cleaning up.

Oh, and there is a new family in our Church with the cutest kids - they have no family in Texas, so they had Thanksgiving Dinner with us - and these kids call me "Papa".

2018-11-25 18.23.35.jpg
    So who's who

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

4. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    So who's who
    Let's see...

• The young lady to the far left is Heidi - my oldest granddaughter who, at 21 years of age, rose up through the ranks of Walgreen from cashier to assistant store manager and pharmacy tech in just 2 years.
    • The gentleman on the couch is the father of the children - he is our assistant district attorney.
    • The little fella is Clarke - EVERY Sunday without fail he wants me to take him up to the front of the sanctuary at the end of the Service where I pick him up overlooking the baptistry so he can look at the Cross in the stained glass window, and tell me all the colors.
    • The little lady is Morgan - who started off calling me "Mister Pastor", but has since started calling me "Papa", because my grandkids do.
    • The foot at the front of the couch on the right belongs to my son-in-law who is currently the SWAT commander of our local PD, currently a sergeant, soon to be promoted directly to captain.
    • I think the toes on the red recliner belong to the children's mommy, who "works from home" for a large furniture conglomerate and goes to trade shows in North Carolina several times a year where she routinely gets photographed with really important people like Mike Rowe, the Property Brothers, Paula Dean...

When I first came to this Church, Mrs CP and I were "the youth department" --- since then, we've had a number of younger families join.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Let's see...

• The young lady to the far left is Heidi - my oldest granddaughter who, at 21 years of age, rose up through the ranks of Walgreen from cashier to assistant store manager and pharmacy tech in just 2 years.
    • The gentleman on the couch is the father of the children - he is our assistant district attorney.
    • The little fella is Clarke - EVERY Sunday without fail he wants me to take him up to the front of the sanctuary at the end of the Service where I pick him up overlooking the baptistry so he can look at the Cross in the stained glass window, and tell me all the colors.
    • The little lady is Morgan - who started off calling me "Mister Pastor", but has since started calling me "Papa", because my grandkids do.
    • The foot at the front of the couch on the right belongs to my son-in-law who is currently the SWAT commander of our local PD, currently a sergeant, soon to be promoted directly to captain.
    • I think the toes on the red recliner belong to the children's mommy, who "works from home" for a large furniture conglomerate and goes to trade shows in North Carolina several times a year where she routinely gets photographed with really important people like Mike Rowe, the Property Brothers, Paula Dean...

When I first came to this Church, Mrs CP and I were "the youth department" --- since then, we've had a number of younger families join.
    And the knees covered in jeans in the bottom left corner?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the knees covered in jeans in the bottom left corner?
    Ah, that would be Erick - Heidi's fiancé.
    And that's me behind the camera.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ah, that would be Erick - Heidi's fiancé.
    And that's me behind the camera.
    So where is Jake and Mrs ?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So where is Jake and Mrs ?
    Mrs CP was putting the finishing touches on the meal, and does not like to be photographed.
    Jake was staring out the window, at John, our neighbor.

john.jpg

Also not pictured are Jenny (my youngest daughter), George (the object of this thread), Ryleigh Jo (my youngest granddaughter), SpongeBob (my grandson), and Karleigh Jo (Ryleigh Jo's best friend).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I love all of it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

12. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.