Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Bigly. Also, her oldest daughter is getting married Friday (I'm marrying her ) and it will be a GREAT DAY!!!!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      I also married my baby sister, and that's been working for well over 40 years now!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I also married my baby sister, and that's been working for well over 40 years now!
        Texas is starting to sound more and more like Alabamastan.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Texas is starting to sound more and more like Alabamastan.
          Just thought about it -- I married my wife, her daughter, and her daughter's daughter, too! And my current wife is my first wife, who used to be my girlfriend, and still is.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Just thought about it -- I married my wife, her daughter, and her daughter's daughter, too! And my current wife is my first wife, who used to be my girlfriend, and still is.
            The Mormon's ain't got nothing on you.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The Mormon's ain't got nothing on you.
              Speaking of whom, we've sure had none of late!

Comment

• Ahem.

Perhaps we can move these grateful and delightful thankful posts to their own thread so we can keep this thread on topic?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Ahem.

Perhaps we can move these grateful and delightful thankful posts to their own thread so we can keep this thread on topic?
                  You mean CPs bigamy isn't the topic?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Thank you, whomever movivated the posts.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Thank you, whomever movivated the posts.
                      This is about me, isn't it?

Comment

• So, because we had the rehearsal for Heidi's wedding on Wednesday, we had a big rehearsal dinner, at which our entire family was present.
                        Then, we had Thanksgiving at a local campground where we meet every other year.
                        Tonight, we'll have Heidi's wedding, and the meal after that.

In ALL of this, George has been an absolute joy, and the gatherings have been very much fun.

We used to pretty much dread family gatherings, because she would always either show up late, or be in a really bad mood, or both, and it would ruin the fun time.
                        She would mercilessly pick on her kids (she has 3, including Heidi, who is getting married tonight) and her younger kids would often end up in tears.

For about the last year, EVERY family gathering has been fun - no angst, no tears, no arguing - and George still picks on her kids, but with a twinkle in her eye, and her kids pick back and laugh and carry on.

I'm just praising God for such a wonderful turnaround.

Comment

I'm just praising God for such a wonderful turnaround.
                          A-Men.

Comment