Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Still embarrassed about the "Pierre Trudeau Rocks" tattoo you got back in the 70s?

X Attachment 30467
    I was just kiddin'

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Still embarrassed about the "Pierre Trudeau Rocks" tattoo you got back in the 70s?

X Attachment 30467
    I was just kiddin'
    This is mossy we're talkin' about here. She's still not over the "I heart Lamech" tattoo she got back in her rebellious days.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, on Friday, I helped her write a letter to the Judge over the court where she has a number of warrants, including two "failure to appear" warrants. We actually have copies of the warrants, and a letter rescinding her driving privileges. In the letter, she was appealing for mercy, asking for a payment plan or community service or some way to deal with the warrants and get her driving privileges back. She explained briefly how she had hit bottom, and the extent to which she is making things right, including not going back to that county where bad things happen and all her friends were, basically, thugs.

About an hour ago, the Judge himself called her and told her "I've done a thorough search through our records and we don't have anything outstanding on you at all, and there is no restriction on your license from this department".

This same Judge was instrumental in her navigating the property dispute in which she was scammed into paying "lease with option to buy" on property the "seller" didn't even own. He told her "as far as this office is concerned - you are free and clear!"

George is absolutely baffled --- I think the Judge took pity on her, and wiped the warrants out. This is MORE good news for which George seems very very grateful.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

5. Amen LostSheep, mossrose, Cerebrum123, lee_merrill amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the realtor just called and is listing that property for $69,900 - which is great news - and George never wants to go back there again. Because of her diligence in preparing for court, George ended up owning that property outright, with only a small amount of "back taxes" which will be taken care of out of the proceeds of the sale.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

7. Amen LostSheep, mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Glad to hear this. I was thinking about her this morning and was going to ask if you had any updates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

9. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    George is absolutely baffled --- I think the Judge took pity on her, and wiped the warrants out. This is MORE good news for which George seems very very grateful.
    She just told me "Judge Mack must have cleared those warrants himself, because I had a number of those florescent yellow 'we're doing a warrant roundup, and your name is on the list - please contact us....' post cards from his municipality.

It's good that she knows that God is showing her favor!

11. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm updating not just for those few who might be interested, but also to chronicle for my own benefit....

So I meant to mention that a bad thing happened Sunday morning. A friend of hers (known locally as "dirty") was killed in a motorcycle accident early Sunday morning. He actually had posted a 'Facebook live' video of him riding his bike down the road, then shortly after that (not on video) hit a patch of spilled diesel fuel in the road, lost control, hit a tree and was instantly killed. (not wearing a helmet) (The spilled diesel fuel seemed to be on a straight-away, not like in a curve or something, so it's kind of curious how that would have caused him to wipe out, unless he tried to avoid it at the last minute and over-steered or something)

George kinda freaked, because this is the FOURTH person in the last 18 months that has shown up dead with, in her view, questionable circumstances. She's convinced (and may be paranoia from the drugs) that somebody is killing off rival drug members.

She had actually been arrested in a sweep investigating the disappearance of another woman who was later found dead (one of the four) and she (George) had been one of the last persons to see her alive. She seems quite grateful not to be living in that area, or even that county, anymore.

13. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    She just told me "Judge Mack must have cleared those warrants himself, because I had a number of those florescent yellow 'we're doing a warrant roundup, and your name is on the list - please contact us....' post cards from his municipality.

It's good that she knows that God is showing her favor!
    Just as long as she doesn't start thinking that just because she is now doing better and becoming a Christian that all will be well from now on. Too often the first rough patch such folks encounter can shake their faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

15. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Just as long as she doesn't start thinking that just because she is now doing better and becoming a Christian that all will be well from now on. Too often the first rough patch such folks encounter can shake their faith.
    She's well aware of my oft quoted "those who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution", and "whoever said all your problems go away when you come to Jesus is a liar, carrying lies straight from the pits of hell".

17. Amen rogue06, LostSheep, Jedidiah amen'd this post.