Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Two Daughters - Two Stories - and Maybe a Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Still embarrassed about the "Pierre Trudeau Rocks" tattoo you got back in the 70s?

X [ATTACH=CONFIG]30467[/ATTACH]
    I was just kiddin'

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Still embarrassed about the "Pierre Trudeau Rocks" tattoo you got back in the 70s?

X [ATTACH=CONFIG]30467[/ATTACH]
      I was just kiddin'
      This is mossy we're talkin' about here. She's still not over the "I heart Lamech" tattoo she got back in her rebellious days.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, on Friday, I helped her write a letter to the Judge over the court where she has a number of warrants, including two "failure to appear" warrants. We actually have copies of the warrants, and a letter rescinding her driving privileges. In the letter, she was appealing for mercy, asking for a payment plan or community service or some way to deal with the warrants and get her driving privileges back. She explained briefly how she had hit bottom, and the extent to which she is making things right, including not going back to that county where bad things happen and all her friends were, basically, thugs.

About an hour ago, the Judge himself called her and told her "I've done a thorough search through our records and we don't have anything outstanding on you at all, and there is no restriction on your license from this department".

This same Judge was instrumental in her navigating the property dispute in which she was scammed into paying "lease with option to buy" on property the "seller" didn't even own. He told her "as far as this office is concerned - you are free and clear!"

George is absolutely baffled --- I think the Judge took pity on her, and wiped the warrants out. This is MORE good news for which George seems very very grateful.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And the realtor just called and is listing that property for $69,900 - which is great news - and George never wants to go back there again. Because of her diligence in preparing for court, George ended up owning that property outright, with only a small amount of "back taxes" which will be taken care of out of the proceeds of the sale.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Glad to hear this. I was thinking about her this morning and was going to ask if you had any updates.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                George is absolutely baffled --- I think the Judge took pity on her, and wiped the warrants out. This is MORE good news for which George seems very very grateful.
                She just told me "Judge Mack must have cleared those warrants himself, because I had a number of those florescent yellow 'we're doing a warrant roundup, and your name is on the list - please contact us....' post cards from his municipality.

It's good that she knows that God is showing her favor!

Comment

I'm updating not just for those few who might be interested, but also to chronicle for my own benefit....

So I meant to mention that a bad thing happened Sunday morning. A friend of hers (known locally as "dirty") was killed in a motorcycle accident early Sunday morning. He actually had posted a 'Facebook live' video of him riding his bike down the road, then shortly after that (not on video) hit a patch of spilled diesel fuel in the road, lost control, hit a tree and was instantly killed. (not wearing a helmet) (The spilled diesel fuel seemed to be on a straight-away, not like in a curve or something, so it's kind of curious how that would have caused him to wipe out, unless he tried to avoid it at the last minute and over-steered or something)

George kinda freaked, because this is the FOURTH person in the last 18 months that has shown up dead with, in her view, questionable circumstances. She's convinced (and may be paranoia from the drugs) that somebody is killing off rival drug members.

She had actually been arrested in a sweep investigating the disappearance of another woman who was later found dead (one of the four) and she (George) had been one of the last persons to see her alive. She seems quite grateful not to be living in that area, or even that county, anymore.

Comment

She just told me "Judge Mack must have cleared those warrants himself, because I had a number of those florescent yellow 'we're doing a warrant roundup, and your name is on the list - please contact us....' post cards from his municipality.

It's good that she knows that God is showing her favor!
                    Just as long as she doesn't start thinking that just because she is now doing better and becoming a Christian that all will be well from now on. Too often the first rough patch such folks encounter can shake their faith.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just as long as she doesn't start thinking that just because she is now doing better and becoming a Christian that all will be well from now on. Too often the first rough patch such folks encounter can shake their faith.
                      She's well aware of my oft quoted "those who live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution", and "whoever said all your problems go away when you come to Jesus is a liar, carrying lies straight from the pits of hell".

Comment

And the realtor just called and is listing that property for $69,900 - which is great news - and George never wants to go back there again. Because of her diligence in preparing for court, George ended up owning that property outright, with only a small amount of "back taxes" which will be taken care of out of the proceeds of the sale.
                        The property is officially listed as of yesterday morning, and they already have two showings scheduled for today!

George is having the realtor arrange to have all the proceeds directed to my bank account, where we'll work on paying off her debts and cleaning up her credit.

Her husband had a truck repossessed (on paper) for lack of payment, so they were completely without a vehicle. I'm helping to pay off that vehicle from my savings, with the understanding that that money will be replaced from the proceeds of the property. Her husband is in total agreement.

George and her husband (wow, that sounds funny) are actually talking, and seem to want to stay together, but with family counseling. I have to be honest - I have suspicions about his motives, that maybe he's "getting along" to make sure he gets his share of the money. BECAUSE of the extent to which I have helped them financially in the past, the proceeds from the sale of the property will go 1/3 to me, 1/3 to George, and 1/3 to her husband. If they get back together, they can pool their money, if not, they each have some money to get restarted.

The truck was her husbands, and he owed $12,000 on it, and they were actively hunting it down to take it back. He called the finance company and negotiated a settlement of $5,200, which I paid out of his 1/3 of the anticipated proceeds.

I think they're finally realizing how low they sank - he couldn't get a job because he didn't have transportation, so I helped out with the truck for that reason - he needs to get off his lazy butt and get a real job.

Finally - George would like to get back together with her husband, only under totally different circumstances than the bad life they were living. I arranged for them to spend 2 days together to talk things over, so that's today and tomorrow, and we'll see where that goes.

Finally finally -- George seems to be "clearing up" more each day -- seems WAY less "in a fog", the slurred speech is gone, she's seeming far more aware of what she's done and, and realizes her husband may have ulterior motives in "being nice" and cooperative, so she wants to talk about that and decide their future.

Comment

More prayers.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The property is officially listed as of yesterday morning, and they already have two showings scheduled for today
                            She signed a contract this morning - a CASH offer for the property, and she is anxious to get rid of it and put that chapter behind her. It's not for the full asking price, but it's WAY more money than she would have ended up with if she had lost her court case.

If she had lost her court case, she would probably have been sued for "back rent", taxes, penalties.... AND been evicted.

She has her days - yesterday was a bit stormy, because she felt like everything was closing in on her, and she and I clashed pretty stormily*.

Today is much better - calmly worked her through the real estate contract, on which they close in TWO WEEKS!!!!

*I have often said George inherited all of the worst attributes of both her mother and her father, and very little of the good of either.

Comment

Kinda bummed...

We had a GREAT day on Tuesday - she found a board certified doctor to help balance her meds, so on a moment's notice, we rushed off to the other side of Houston to visit this doctor (he also has an office much closer, but the initial appt had to be at his Celar Lake office -- right across the street from Space Center Houston!!!!)

She was so relieved, had a good visit, doc gave her a milder prescription to replace some of the stuff she was on - he was very personable and helpful - told her he would manage her medications, but there had to be total trust, and he would require a 'pee in the cup' at every visit for a much broader screen than just "employment screening"... She was happy with that, because she wants to be accountable.

I'm thinking we're finally getting out of the woods --- then we go to the DPS yesterday to get her drivers' license updated (she had lost hers, and needed a change of address) and spent an hour and a half waiting --- only for them to tell her she doesn't have enough documentation to issue her a new license. This was humiliating to her, and caused her to (once we got outside the building) burst into tears and declare "nothing is working - no matter how hard I try"....

It was a HORRIBLE night yesterday - I still had to preach at Church and have a Wednesday night business meeting - interspersed with phone calls and texts with her crying and wanting to give up. Then coming home to talk to her til about 4 in the morning...

So she calls her husband to see if he can find her social security card or birth certificate, and they end up screaming at each other (I have to admit I think she started it with an emotional outburst he had no idea what was going on)....

I was pretty much at my wit's end yesterday....

Today, she's calmed down and ready to "work the problem" again, so.....

Comment

Comment