Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

New evidence of a possible cyclic universe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    And do you argue against your own thinking, what you absolutely have no kind of beliefs in their regard in any way?
    Not when it comes to science. This is Natural Science 301.

I will discuss the issues concerning my belief and the Baha'i Faith in Apologetics and Philosophy, and Theology sections where appropriate.

I will add the Baha'i Faith and my believe believes in the Harmony of Science and Religion, and science as it is fine with me.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Not when it comes to science. This is Natural Science 301.

I will discuss the issues concerning my belief and the Baha'i Faith in Apologetics and Philosophy, and Theology sections where appropriate.

I will add the Baha'i Faith and my believe believes in the Harmony of Science and Religion, and science as it is fine with me.
      But this is according to what as you believe.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

No, at present and likely science can never confirm what I believe. There is at present no definitive falsifiable evidence that our physical existence is eternal and/or infinite, nor that our physical existence is finite and/or temporal, and it is most likely that science cannot falsify a theory nor hypothesis either way. It is like trying to come up with falsifiable hypothesis that God exists or not exists, most likely impossible
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Yes, I do know that, because it is impossible to logically describe an infinite regression of events. You either have nothing happening, or everything happening at once, neither of which are coherent explanations. Your confusion regarding the act of creation is that you seem to think that God chose to create at some fixed point along an infinite timeline, but that misunderstands God's nature and his relationship to the creation process. God's will to create was eternal, and so it happened. There was no period of time before God created, and there is no period of time after God created.
          The possibility that our physical existence is possibly eternal and/or infinite is a 'potential infinity,' and not definable as an 'actual infinity' as the vain attempt of an ancient apologetic attempt to justify that our physical existence is limited by an infinite regression of events or time (?}. The concept of an infinite regression of events is a closed 'actually infinity' set, which does not limit the possibility of a potential infinity as describing our physical existence. There are not any actual time lines nor series of events except as an actual infinity within our universe defined by the minds of humans, and there are no numbers on time lines in nature except for within the nature of our particular universe as described by humans.

The possibility of our universe being a part of a multiverse, cyclic universe or a Black Hole universe is based on the possibility that our physical existence is 'potentially infinite.'

Source: https://math.vanderbilt.edu/schectex/courses/thereals/potential.html

Potential Infinity - refers to a procedure that gets closer and closer to, but never quite reaches, an infinite end. For instance, the sequence of numbers

© Copyright Original Source

Source: https://www.google.com/search

Actual or completed infinity - In the philosophy of mathematics, the abstraction of actual infinity involves the acceptance of infinite entities, such as the set of all natural numbers or an infinite sequence of rational numbers, as given, actual, completed objects. Wikipedia.

Also from
          Source: https://math.vanderbilt.edu/schectex/courses/thereals/potential.html

is an infinity that one actually reaches; the process is already done. For instance, let's put braces around that sequence mentioned earlier: {1,2,3,4,5. . .}

Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-05-2018, 10:47 AM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            No, at present and likely science can never confirm what I believe. There is at present no definitive falsifiable evidence that our physical existence is eternal and/or infinite, nor that our physical existence is finite and/or temporal, and it is most likely that science cannot falsify a theory nor hypothesis either way. It is like trying to come up with falsifiable hypothesis that God exists or not exists, most likely impossible
            Denying what you are saying are in accordance with what you believe does not make your statements any less what you think.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

No. This is a statement of the reality of the limits of science, and not what I believe as a Baha'i.

Frank

Comment