Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Qur'an is not the Word of God?

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some Bible verses about not adding to the word of God

1) Deuteronomy 4:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

2)Deuteronomy 12:32 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    “[a]Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

3) Revelation 22:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

4)Proverbs 30:5-6
    Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar. Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.

5)Mark 7:13
    thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that."

It seems that the Bible verses---at least in this translation.... are giving the responsibility for not adding or taking away from sacred texts---to the people of that book. The command is "You shall not..."
    If you compare---in the Quranic verses, the statement is that "none can change his words". The Muslim perspective is that the responsibility for the preservation of previous sacred texts was given to humanity---but the preservation of the Quran is God's decree/will....

(Surah 15:9)
    Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian.

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL (Surah 5:48, 59)
    And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    ....for now these are my thoughts, I may research on this more and get back to you....
    That would be fine, thanks for your reply!

Blessings to you,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Your quote from surah 15 said:-

Is your Allah/God capable of only protecting the Quran from "changes", corruption or falsifications?

What about the "earlier (three) books" like Torah, Psalms and Gospel (Injil)?

You mean they were not preserved as wahy or revelations from God in previous times? That Allah was capable to protect and preserve the Koran only - from changes??

Just One out of "four revalations" were vouchsafed by the almighty while He let tje other three go corrupted?? Is that it?

Not a very powerful "God" or "Allah" if you ask me! He could only protect / preserve 25% ie.25 percent ilf "the Books" from 'corruption & changes'. He is really more likely a '25% almighty God' and not a 100% almighty God because He let humans falsify or 'corrupt' the earlier 75% Scriptures - Taurat, Zabur & Injil or the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel! While He only "kept one scripture (koran) pure and safe!

I would not want to follow an only 25% all powerful God! I'd rather follow a God Who's ALL Powerful - 100% of the time.

If He can "keep the koran" safe from changes' then, Why oh why, could he not also keep the other THREE SCRIPTURES - Torah, PSALMS and the Gospel safe from changes, too?!?

Seems clear that the god of the Koran is a really weak and impotent "God"!

Valid questions to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by siam View Post
    Some Bible verses about not adding to the word of God

1) Deuteronomy 4:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

2)Deuteronomy 12:32 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    “[a]Whatever I command you, you shall be careful to do; you shall not add to nor take away from it.

3) Revelation 22:18 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book;

4)Proverbs 30:5-6
    Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar. Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.

5)Mark 7:13
    thus invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that."

It seems that the Bible verses---at least in this translation.... are giving the responsibility for not adding or taking away from sacred texts---to the people of that book. The command is "You shall not..."
    If you compare---in the Quranic verses, the statement is that "none can change his words". The Muslim perspective is that the responsibility for the preservation of previous sacred texts was given to humanity---but the preservation of the Quran is God's decree/will....

SAHIH INTERNATIONAL (Surah 5:48, 59)
    And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.