Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Speaking of conspiracy theories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    How does this prove that Google manipulated search results? This looks like a "get out the vote drive", not the alteration of search results.
    I'm also curious to know if this was done as a sanctioned Google activity, or as an individual activity by someone who happens to be a Google employee. Anyone can use Google resources, including Google employees. This has all the hallmarks of a "Brietbart Special." I have my doubts...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I'm also curious to know if this was done as a sanctioned Google activity, or as an individual activity by someone who happens to be a Google employee. Anyone can use Google resources, including Google employees. This has all the hallmarks of a "Brietbart Special." I have my doubts...

Comment

This has all the hallmarks of a "Brietbart Special."
        Are you getting ready to pull out your "They only report the facts as a trick to shield themselves from criticism" argument again?

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm also curious to know if this was done as a sanctioned Google activity, or as an individual activity by someone who happens to be a Google employee. Anyone can use Google resources, including Google employees.
          Email chains between Google executives is hardly indicative of rogue* activity.

Okay, okay, I wouldn't put it past OUR rogue to pull such stunts.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Email chains between Google executives is hardly indicative of rogue* activity.

Okay, okay, I wouldn't put it past OUR rogue to pull such stunts.
            0000000000can't disagree.jpg

I probably should just stick with a "No Comment."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Oh goody... a new Carpe meme!

We've had "hand-waving"
              We've had "dancing"
              We've had "whining"

Now we have "poisoning the well."

I suspect we'll have lots of folks jumping on THAT bandwagon with some really pithy images!

I declare a new competition! The person with the best "poisoning the well" meme wins! I'll pick the winner. Sparko is currently on top with this one!
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

We've had "hand-waving"
                We've had "dancing"
                We've had "whining"

I suspect we'll have lots of folks jumping on THAT bandwagon with some really pithy images!

I declare a new competition! The person with the best "poisoning the well" meme wins! I'll pick the winner. Sparko is currently on top with this one!
                If you're looking to establish more reasons why we shouldn't take you seriously, you're doing a bang-up job.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

We've had "hand-waving"
                  We've had "dancing"
                  We've had "whining"

That's what you did Carp. It's Breitbart! No need to take it seriously!

Comment

If you're looking to establish more reasons why we shouldn't take you seriously, you're doing a bang-up job.
                    not really a concern of mine, OBP. The "carpe memes" are mostly amusing. They don't really contribute much to the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      That's what you did Carp. It's Breitbart! No need to take it seriously!
                      Actually - that's not what I said. Go back and read it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        not really a concern of mine, OBP. The "carpe memes" are mostly amusing. They don't really contribute much to the discussion.
                        As far as I can see, they're pretty accurate. They are affirmations that my view of you is far from unique, when I was hoping I was wrong in my negative assessments. It's no skin off my back if you don't want to be taken seriously....

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          As far as I can see, they're pretty accurate.
                          I'm not surprised by your POV. Obviously, you're not alone - on TWeb anyway.

They are affirmations that my view of you is far from unique, when I was hoping I was wrong in my negative assessments. It's no skin off my back if you don't want to be taken seriously....
                          How people take me is really not my concern. I can't control it. I am who I am, and I post what I think. What people do with it is up to them.

It's enough that I take myself seriously

Comment

How people take me is really not my concern. I can't control it. I am who I am, and I post what I think. What people do with it is up to them.

It's enough that I take myself seriously
                            That's pretty much my attitude, fwiw. I take the time for a little introspection, though when something comes out of left field. Every once in a while, it turns out I'm wrong about something. I prefer my crow served cold.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              That's pretty much my attitude, fwiw. I take the time for a little introspection, though when something comes out of left field. Every once in a while, it turns out I'm wrong about something.
                              Happens to the best of us

I prefer my crow served cold.
                              I'm not sure what that means. I certainly have had to eat crow on more than one occasion. I'm sure I will have to again before I shuffle off this mortal coil...

Comment

Seems like a convenient way to dismiss any criticism about yourself from others and not make any improvements.

Comment