Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blue Collar Harris Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    So you want Trump to stop being Trump?
    How about Trump being Trump but not being president?
    "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

So you want Trump to stop being Trump?
      No, I just want him to mature.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        This blind, unswerving devotion to Trump is sickening.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

So you want Trump not to be Trump...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            This blind, unswerving devotion to Trump is sickening.
            On the other hand we knew what we were getting...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

For once I completely agree with seer.
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

I want Trump to be a mature Trump. I like much of what he has accomplished, but I doubt the way he's gone about doing things is the only way he could've gotten that done (and think that he could've gotten MORE done if he'd approached things differently).
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Better the devil you know?

sigpic

Comment

Evangelicals knew what they were getting yet still voted for him with the consequence that Trump's moral values will be forever associated with those of Evangelicals.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Better the devil you know?
                      Better than the Clinton devil...

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Evangelicals knew what they were getting yet still voted for him with the consequence that Trump's moral values will be forever associated with those of Evangelicals.
                        Yep. And though they claim to have voted for him as the lesser of two evils, they are very reluctant to actually confront him when he does something they should obviously confront. In some areas he has given them what they want, and they seem to follow his ideal all the way: "The point is, you can never be too greedy". Thus the reluctance to actually confront him when he is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Only among those who already hated them and are constantly seeking yet another reason to do so

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Only among those who already hated them and are constantly seeking yet another reason to do so
                            Well, these days you don’t need to look for reasons or be a hateful person in order to disagree with the evangelicals (or at least the evangelical Trump supporters). The fact that you think that is a preconditions says quite a lot about the moral crisis you are finding yourselves in. I have said to many evangelicals and will happily repeat that you should look for objective standards and stronger values instead of selling out. You know you have got something stronger than pointing your finger at Obama, Hillary or whomever whenever Trump does something really bad. You know this is not what Christianity is about. You know that your problem is not solved no matter have many times you call me a hypocrite, self righteous or whatever. I am sure you already have stronger values than what we are seeing. That is what bothers me the most about many Christians right now.

Comment

Better than the Clinton devil...
                              My point was that Clinton was notoriously secretive about what she really wanted.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Originally posted by Charles View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]30771[/ATTACH]
                                Case in point
                                Attached Files

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment