Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

BREAKING NEWS: Evidence of Russian collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in your mind does Russia have a large economy, Lilpix, only in your mind!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-03-2018, 12:14 AM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Russia GDP (2017): 1,527,469 trillion dollars. Current ranking: 12/190.
        And like I said, Russia ranks behind Italy who is ranked 9th. So, feel free if you want to argue that Italy is a major economic power.

They are not major economic powers, and neither is Russia!

Comment

And like I said, Russia ranks behind Italy who is ranked 9th. So, feel free if you want to argue that Italy is a major economic power.

Italy is a major economic power Jimmy. Here is the wiki article about business in Italy:

Italy is a unitary parliamentary republic in Europe with the third largest nominal GDP in the Eurozone and the eighth largest in the world. As an advanced economy the country also has the sixth worldwide national wealth and it is ranked third for its central bank gold reserve. Italy has a very high level of human development and it is sixth in the world for life expectancy. The country plays a prominent role in regional and global economic, military, cultural and diplomatic affairs, and it is both a regional power[1][2] and a great power.[3][4] Italy is a founding and leading member of the European Union and the member of numerous international institutions, including the UN, NATO, the OECD, the OSCE, the WTO, the G7, G20, the Union for the Mediterranean, the Council of Europe, Uniting for Consensus and many more. As a reflection of its cultural wealth, Italy is home to 53 World Heritage Sites, the most in the world, and is the fifth most visited country.
          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...anies_of_Italy
          They are not major economic powers, and neither is Russia!
          Yeah they are idiot or is having the third largest insurance company in the world and membership in the G20 something that is just given away?
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Also in reality. LPOT is correct that Russia has the 12th largest GDP in the world and is in the top 10% of countries economically.

Though this doesn't help MM's fantasy defence unless Trump has even stronger business contacts in Italy, India, France, Japan and China than he does in Russia.
            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Also in reality. LPOT is correct that Russia has the 12th largest GDP in the world and is in the top 10% of countries economically.

Though this doesn't help MM's fantasy defence unless Trump has even stronger business contacts in Italy, India, France, Japan and China than he does in Russia.
              Keep in ind that after the fall of the Soviet Union and Russia being opened up to the west many businessmen were quick to rush in seeing it as a major opportunity and potential gold mine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Uh-oh...

Source: Report: Bruce Ohr, Christopher Steele Worked on Alleged FBI Plot to �Flip� Russians During Work on Dossier

Justice Department official Bruce Ohr and dossier author Christopher Steele worked together on a secret FBI plot that apparently involved helping a Russian oligarch, Oleg Deripaska, with U.S. visas in exchange for potential dirt on Donald Trump in the lead-up to the election, according to a recent New York Times report.

The Times reported:https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...sians-dossier/

© Copyright Original Source

Of course the New York Times' spin that the FBI was trying to "flip" Deripaska is obvious hogwash when you consider the fact that the Russian oligarch was already in deep enough with Mueller's FBI that they sought his help to finance an attempt to retrieve one of their agents who had been captured in Iran. in fact, he was ready to spend $25 million on the venture until Hillary's state department put the kibosh on the operation. But that still leaves us with the question, why would they need to "flip" someone they were already on such friendly terms with? It doesn't make sense. And usually when something doesn't make sense in the mainstream media, it's because it's fake news. Furthermore, when the FBI sought Deripaska's help to implicate Trump, he reportedly laughed in their face and said, "You are trying to create something out of nothing."

The important thing here is the fact that the FBI and others, aided and abetted by the Hillary campaign, went to great lengths to manufacture a "controversy" surrounding the Trump campaign and its nonexistent ties with Russia.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment