Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

See more
See less

Book Plunge: Most People Believe in God. Can They All Be Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Plunge: Most People Believe in God. Can They All Be Wrong?

This is an awful book. The review is so long I can't post it here.

Link.

Ad populum fallacy?

Oh! Stupid fundy atheist....
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 09-03-2018, 04:20 PM.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Can it be shown that either theism or atheism is absurd? [Genuine Christians actually know God, so professing Christians who became atheists did not know God. Christians actually knowing God suggests that should be possible to show atheism is absurd. What is that argument?]

On the premise that there is no God: Christians cannot possibly know God. What would be the argument that would show such a premise, that there is no God is itself absurd?

Note all the traditional arguments for God all have in common to show God has existence. Existence is presumed without proof. In those arguments it is God which needs to be shown to have existence. Question, why would existence without need of any proof need God?

The failure here of traditional arguments for God is the failure of Christians asserting their knowledge of actually knowing God as an argument.

Why I am not an atheist? I cannot deny someone I actually know.

Also God has a real identity. Romans 1:20. Acts 17:28. Exodus 3:14-15. And the only way anyone can know God is through His Son. John 1:18. John 14:6. 1 Timothy 2:5.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment