Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Conservative reality of global warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Now that you have fixed it, instead of appealing to errors and splitting frog hairs, respond.
    You haven't stated any position to respond to.

Comment

Now that you have fixed it, instead of appealing to errors and splitting frog hairs, respond.
      Now that it's fixed, instead of being obnoxious, post something to which somebody should respond.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One of the hallmarks of a crank is that they never listen to criticism. Shunya... your former link wasn't working, it skipped the video because the link contained a 'time_continue=1292' field, which meant it skipped the video to the end. What happens next depends on each user, some were taken to other videos, some were taken to part 2 of this video. I could see what was going wrong so I fixed it.

But you pretty much denied there was a problem the entire way.

Secondly, you haven't stated anything to respond to. You just posted a link. That's called 'argument by weblink' and its considered extremely bad form on websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          One of the hallmarks of a crank is that they never listen to criticism. Shunya... your former link wasn't working, it skipped the video because the link contained a 'time_continue=1292' field, which meant it skipped the video to the end. What happens next depends on each user, some were taken to other videos, some were taken to part 2 of this video. I could see what was going wrong so I fixed it.

But you pretty much denied there was a problem the entire way.

Secondly, you haven't stated anything to respond to. You just posted a link. That's called 'argument by weblink' and its considered extremely bad form on websites.
          It seems to be a 23 minute video. I am not going to watch a 23 minute video with no idea what Shunya's point even is about it. He should at least summarize it and then state a position about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            It seems to be a 23 minute video. I am not going to watch a 23 minute video with no idea what Shunya's point even is about it. He should at least summarize it and then state a position about it.
            In summary it is a description of the long standing support for the science of global warming by conservatives, and includes a number references to the conservative objections to the consequences of the proposed solutions to global warming.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-05-2018, 06:06 PM.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

In summary it is a description of the long standing support for the science of global warming by conservatives, and includes a number references to the conservative objections to the consequences of the proposed solutions to global warming.
              It's been hotter in the summer than it was in the city, that's for dang sure.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK. and?

Comment

OK. and?
                  The motivation of many conservatives today is the objections to the consequences of Global Warming, and historically conservatives supported the reality of Global Warming.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

The motivation of many conservatives today is the objections to the consequences of Global Warming...
                    That doesn't even make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      That doesn't even make sense.
                      The reality is that opposition to the reality of Global Warming is a scapegoat.

Frank

Comment

The reality is that opposition to the reality of Global Warming is a scapegoat.
                        Are you drunkposting, Shuny?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Shunya, do you ever listen to the criticism people give of your posts?
                          I for one have never seen him respond to constructive criticism of his posts with anything other than an emoji, or one of his catch phrases. Usually something like "air ball!" or "splitting frog hairs".

Comment

The motivation of many conservatives today is the objections to the consequences of Global Warming, and historically conservatives supported the reality of Global Warming.
                            Even if that were a comprehensible statement with a teeny degree of truth, so what?

Democrats used to be "the God and Country" party, both of which they now eschew.

Comment

Some probably did and some didn't. Just like now. Global Warming isn't a solely conservative issue. There are many liberals who deny it too.

And there is also another divide. Some accept global warming but deny MAN is the biggest cause.

Comment

Some probably did and some didn't. Just like now. Global Warming isn't a solely conservative issue. There are many liberals who deny it too.

And there is also another divide. Some accept global warming but deny MAN is the biggest cause.
                                Many Liberals is too vague, and I doubt your generalization, and it needs references. You could easily say 'Many housewives reject Global Warming,' and it would have no substantive reasoning. Like the science of evolution there are not 'many scientists' that reject Global Warming.

Source: https://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/science-and-impacts/science/scientists-agree-global-warming-happening-humans-primary-cause

Scientists worldwide agree that global warming is happening, and that human activity causes it.

The IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5), written by a panel of hundreds of climate experts and scientists from member countries of the World Meteorological Organization the United Nations Environmental Programme, plus a team of external reviewers, states unambiguously:

Human influence on the climate system is clear, and recent anthropogenic emissions of green-house gases are the highest in history. […] Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, and since the 1950s, many of the observed changes are unprecedented over decades to millennia.

© Copyright Original Source

There are a number of polls cited in this article and all reflect 97% or more scientists support Global Warming.

Frank

Comment