Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Damien Chazelle omits "dramatization" of placing flag on Moon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damien Chazelle omits "dramatization" of placing flag on Moon.

Foxnews reports the omission of flag planting from Chazelle movie.

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Their explanation was kinda dumb.

Ryan Gosling:
    “I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that's how we chose to view it,” he told reporters. "I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

Gosling said he didn’t think Armstrong “viewed himself as an American hero.”

That is bull. The whole moon landing was based on Nationalism of the time. President Kennedy set the goal as a direct response to the Soviet Union. It was American Nationalism all the way. Sure it was a "human achievement" but mostly it was an American Statement "We got here first" and a thumbing of the nose at the USSR.

Comment

To assert that the Apollo Moon landing was anything other than a distinctly American achievement and a source of pride for our country is a blatant rewriting of history. Armstrong and Alrdin planting the flag and saluting it is one of the most iconic moments in the history of space exploration.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Legendary Apollo 11 astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin took a swipe at the upcoming movie "First Man" late Sunday for its director's decision not to show the planting of the American flag on the moon during the historic 1969 mission.

Aldrin, 88, who was the second man to step on the moon, behind crewmate Neil Armstrong, posted historical photos of the flag-planting and added the hashtag “Proud to be an American.”

#proudtobeanAmerican #freedom #honor #onenation #Apollo11 #July1969 #roadtoApollo50 pic.twitter.com/gApIwLzaJw
        — Buzz Aldrin (@TheRealBuzz) September 3, 2018

Armstrong, who died at age 82 in 2012, is the subject of "First Man," which stars Ryan Gosling and is scheduled to hit theaters next month.

In previous posts Saturday, Aldrin shared photos of himself wearing a T-shirt with the tagline “Buzz Aldrin, Future Martian” that shows an astronaut planting the American flag on the Red Planet.

He also retweeted a photo of himself saluting while standing next to an enlarged photo from the Apollo 11 mission that includes the flag on the moon.

The ultimate Selfie-Selfie...thank you for sharing the wonderful photo and your incredible journey @TheRealBuzz. #Moonwalker #Apollo11 #RoadToApollo50 #NASA pic.twitter.com/ZwAVgWZSJO
        — Pir8lksat40 (@pir8lksat40) July 22, 2018

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...n-hashtag.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Their explanation was kinda dumb.

Ryan Gosling:
          “I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that's how we chose to view it,” he told reporters. "I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

Gosling said he didn’t think Armstrong “viewed himself as an American hero.”

That is bull. The whole moon landing was based on Nationalism of the time. President Kennedy set the goal as a direct response to the Soviet Union. It was American Nationalism all the way. Sure it was a "human achievement" but mostly it was an American Statement "We got here first" and a thumbing of the nose at the USSR.
          What do you expect from a Canuckistani seeking to glom onto a very distinctly American accomplishment?

Both Buzz Aldrin (who accompanied Armstrong on the historic trip) and Chuck Yeager have voiced their displeasure at the historical revisionism.

Yeager said of the Neil Armstrong in the film "That's not the Neil Armstrong I knew."
          Last edited by rogue06; 09-04-2018, 02:09 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30632[/ATTACH][/center]
            Proof that the moon landing was faked!!!!

Comment

I'm still going to see the movie, I hear it was very well done and acted. To bad about the flag thing...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Proof that the moon landing was faked!!!!
                Buzz does not take kindly to those who claim he partook in a hoax wrt the moon landing:

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  I'm still going to see the movie, I hear it was very well done and acted. To bad about the flag thing...
                  I'm sure it was well-made with good acting. The problem is that they turned Armstrong from an American patriot into a liberal mouth piece.

You should go watch THE RIGHT STUFF instead.

Comment

Buzz does not take kindly to those who claim he partook in a hoax wrt the moon landing:

Everything you need to know about the moon landing:

moon landing.jpg
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I'm sure it was well-made with good acting. The problem is that they turned Armstrong from an American patriot into a liberal mouth piece.
                      That was Yeager's objection.

He also called it "more Hollywood make-believe"

You should go watch THE RIGHT STUFF instead.
                      Speaking of which
                      Last edited by rogue06; 09-04-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Speaking of which
                        Yes, I know THE RIGHT STUFF is not necessarily historically accurate, but it does a good job of capturing the sense of American pride and patriotism that was at the heart of the space program.

Comment

Yes, I know THE RIGHT STUFF is not necessarily historically accurate, but it does a good job of capturing the sense of American pride and patriotism that was at the heart of the space program.
                          Movies in general are a very poor place to get a history lesson.

Comment

Movies in general are a very poor place to get a history lesson.
                            They're a poor source for anything other than mindless entertainment. Roger Ebert was fond of saying that movies are so rarely great art, that if you can't enjoy great trash then there's little reason to watch them.

Comment

Apollo 13 and The Right Stuff will always be my favorit. They shot themselves in the foot with this one. No one in Denmark gets why they didn't do that part.

There's nothing wrong with love of one's fatherland. There is an appropriate amount of patriotism and to ignore that human dimension in the movie comes off as what I can only imagine to be offensive to my American friends, and just strangely awkward for me.

Comment