Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The more we progress, the less we evolve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Herbert Spencer has been dead for a hundred and twenty years. In seer-world, so it seems, that’s like yesterday.
    Well he coined the term so he should know what it means...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Progressing technologically could well have both detrimental and beneficial effects on mankind as a species. For instance a case could be made that the advent of footwear has conceivable made our feet weaker. The improvements in medicine could slow or even stop certain physical inflictions from being weeded out of the population. OTOH the mastery of fire definitely allowed us to eat foods that otherwise we could not.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        4 AM Tuesday
        That long ago, eh?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Progressing technologically could well have both detrimental and beneficial effects on mankind as a species. For instance a case could be made that the advent of footwear has conceivable made our feet weaker. The improvements in medicine could slow or even stop certain physical inflictions from being weeded out of the population. OTOH the mastery of fire definitely allowed us to eat foods that otherwise we could not.
          I read somewhere that people are generally getting more stupid. Here it is:

IQ scores are falling and have been for decades, new study finds

"It's not that dumb people are having more kids than smart people, to put it crudely. It's something to do with the environment, because we're seeing the same differences within families," he said.
          These environmental factors could include changes in the education system and media environment, nutrition, reading less and being online more, Rogeberg said.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/healt...ntl/index.html
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            What's your cutoff date for quoting things?
            You are dealing with a subject that’s moving faster than you are. It depends whether or not you are talking about the history of the thing.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

What's your cutoff date for quoting things?
              You are dealing with a subject that’s moving faster than you are. It depends whether or not you are talking about the history of the thing.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

That long ago, eh?
                Did I specify which Tuesday?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment