Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Hurricane Florence is all Trump's Fault

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    I agree that God is ‘hands off’. That is to say, that whatever ‘God’ is, ‘He’ is inert, according to the evidence. That is what ALLOWS is equivalent to. So, while we pray, ‘He’ sits on ‘His’ hands and just allows things to happen as if ‘He’ was asleep.

This looks like the age old ‘problem of evil’. Only theists have this problem.
    Why do so many non Christians assume their worldview is true and than try to attack Christian theological understandings? The problem of evil is only an issue if you assume atheism is true by default.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Never said that. Don't believe that. Dishonest of you to imply that.

You mean, according to your opinion.

You're certainly entitled to be wrong, and to be disingenuous in doing so.
    Is it the case that God plays His part when you give him credit for overcoming adversity?
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is it the case that God plays His part when you give him credit for overcoming adversity?
    God doesn't "play parts".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    invalid value
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    God doesn't "play parts".
    But I think what we have discovered is that adversity is random chance, human error and so on, and God helps you to clear up the mess, overcome and so on.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But I think what we have discovered is that adversity is random chance, human error and so on, and God helps you to clear up the mess, overcome and so on.
    You're certainly entitled to that opinion.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.