Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Traitor Kerry Meeting With Iran...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traitor Kerry Meeting With Iran...

Why isn't this illegal? Didn't the leftists jump all over Flynn for this?

Former Secretary of State John Kerry disclosed that he has been conducting rogue diplomacy with top Iranian officials to salvage the landmark nuclear deal and push the Islamic Republic to negotiate its contested missile program, according to recent remarks.

Kerry, in an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt to promote his new book, said that he has met with Iranian Former Minister Javad Zarif—the former secretary's onetime negotiating partner—three or four times in recent months behind the Trump administration's back.

"I think I've seen him three or four times," Kerry said, adding that he has been conducting sensitive diplomacy without the current administration's authorization. Kerry said he has criticized the current administration in these discussions, chiding it for not pursuing negotiations from Iran, despite the country's fevered rhetoric about the U.S. president.

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...gue-diplomacy/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Seems likely he has been telling Iranian officials to hold out making a deal with Trump and telling them to wait until 2021 when they hope to be in control again

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The free beacon is a bit sensational and exaggerates a lot. I notice they aren't using a lot of actual quotes but filling in the sparse quotes with opinion.
      I am skeptical.

Here is the actual interview text:

http://www.hughhewitt.com/former-sec...-day-is-extra/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Seems likely he has been telling Iranian officials to hold out making a deal with Trump and telling them to wait until 2021 when they hope to be in control again
        Now THAT is more like "Treason" than what the leftists are hollering about.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why is John Kerry a traitor? I have a feeling you're referring to something other than this, which is definitely not a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Why is John Kerry a traitor? I have a feeling you're referring to something other than this, which is definitely not a good thing.
            This, and what he did in front of Congress while I was overseas and many of my friends/fellow Marines were "in country."
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              This, and what he did in front of Congress while I was overseas and many of my friends/fellow Marines were "in country."
              What did he do in front of Congress?

Comment

Basically said the American service men were murderers, war criminals.

Comment

Kerry is as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

After serving in Vietnam, he became an anti-war activist, and supposedly threw his medals over the fence at the White House, along with other protestors.
                  He has flip-flopped back and forth about this...

"No, it wasn't the medals, it was the ribbons" "there is no distinction between the medals and the ribbons" "I gave them all back" "I still have them".....

Did Kerry Discard Vietnam Medals?

Contradicting his statements as a candidate for president, Sen. John Kerry claimed in a 1971 television interview that he threw away as many as nine of his combat medals to protest the war in Vietnam.

"I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven, eight, nine medals," Kerry said in an interview on a Washington, D.C., news program on WRC-TV called Viewpoints on Nov. 6, 1971, according to a tape obtained by ABCNEWS.

Throughout his presidential campaign, Kerry has denied that he threw away any of his medals during an anti-war protest in April 1971.

Calling it a "phony controversy" instigated by the Republican party, Kerry said on Good Morning America today that he has always accurately said what took place. "I threw my ribbons. I didn't have my medals. It is very simple."

He also said he — and the military — didn't make a distinction between medals and ribbons. "We threw away the symbols of what our country gave us for what we had gone through," he said.

And in an interview with ABCNEWS' Peter Jennings last December, he said it was a "myth."

But Kerry told a much different story on Viewpoints. Asked about the anti-war veterans who threw their medals away, Kerry said "they decided to give them back to their country."

Kerry was asked if he gave back the Bronze Star, Silver Star and three Purple Hearts he was awarded for combat duty as a Navy lieutenant in Vietnam. "Well, and above that, [I] gave back the others," he said.

The statement directly contradicts Kerry's most recent claims on the disputed subject to the Los Angeles Times last Friday. "I never ever implied that I did it, " Kerry told the newspaper, responding to the question of whether he threw away his medals in protest.

"I'm proud of my medals. I always was proud of them," he told Jennings in December, adding that he had only thrown away his "ribbons" and the medals of two other veterans who could not attend the protest.

The guy is a total stranger to the truth and a disgrace to the uniform.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                    After serving in Vietnam, he became an anti-war activist, and supposedly threw his medals over the fence at the White House, along with other protestors.
                    He has flip-flopped back and forth about this...

The guy is a total stranger to the truth and a disgrace to the uniform.
                    Maybe you should take him seriously, and not literally?

Basically said the American service men were murderers, war criminals.
                    I might be sounding a bit dumb seer, but I wanna know what you think. I have a feeling you're talking about more than medals being thrown over a fence in a protest. I did some google searching, and I hear he was at a hearing where he, and 150 other soldiers confessed to having seeing US soldiers torturing the Vietnamese, civilians getting massacred, men raping women and things like that?

Is that what you're talking about?

Comment

Maybe you should take him seriously, and not literally?
                      It meant way more than that to to the people who were actually seriously wounded, and the families of soldiers who were posthumously awarded medals, Leon. I don't find this funny in the least. He made a big show about throwing his medals over the fence, but it was a phony publicity stunt - the guy is a fraud.

Comment

Why isn't this illegal? Didn't the leftists jump all over Flynn for this?
                        Is there a law that was actually broken? We're not at war with Iran, so he can't be charged with conspiring with the enemy (although they're certainly not our friends, either). Is there a rule that says that private citizens can't conduct unofficial political business with foreign governments?

I agree with you that it's sketchy, but I'm not certain he committed a crime.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          It meant way more than that to to the people who were actually seriously wounded, and the families of soldiers who were posthumously awarded medals, Leon. I don't find this funny in the least. He made a big show about throwing his medals over the fence, but it was a phony publicity stunt - the guy is a fraud.
                          Anti-war protests tend to make families of soldiers angry. Its important to them that their sons and daughters died in a war that was fought for good reasons. I don't know the heart of John Kerry. But I can't for the life of me see why he should be called a traitor for throwing back medals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Is there a law that was actually broken? We're not at war with Iran, so he can't be charged with conspiring with the enemy (although they're certainly not our friends, either). Is there a rule that says that private citizens can't conduct unofficial political business with foreign governments?

I agree with you that it's sketchy, but I'm not certain he committed a crime.
                            The Logan Act...
                            § 953. Private correspondence with foreign governments.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply himself, or his agent, to any foreign government, or the agents thereof, for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

Doesn't say we have to be at war with them.

Comment

Anti-war protests tend to make families of soldiers angry. Its important to them that their sons and daughters died in a war that was fought for good reasons. I don't know the heart of John Kerry. But I can't for the life of me see why he should be called a traitor for throwing back medals.
                              If he had actually "thrown back medals", Leon, that would be one thing. He didn't throw his OWN medals back - he lied about it. He has come up with multiple lies to try to justify his deception. He KEPT his medals, but joined in with others who were actually throwing their own medals back - so Kerry was a fraud. A faker. A phony. He PRETENDED to be throwing back his own medals, and bragged about throwing them back, then later, bragged about having them.

He used these medals for his own self interests.

Comment