Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles
    And Muslims are not Muhammed... Of course it reflects on the image. And I once again note how you all turn your blind eye to what MM just said.
    Which is why when arguing against Islam I just use Mohammed's record. More than enough dirt there to discredit him.

Comment

• Kav is doing a great job answering DiFi's question about him not asking for an FBI investigation. He insists he was anxious to answer the allegations the very NEXT DAY, but instead, it's been 10 days of nonsense and wild allegations... and he reminded her that the FBI does not come to conclusions...
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Nope. Your assertion that it was does not make it so.
        So let's look at the statement:

"I truly wish I could provide detailed answers to all of the questions that have been and will be asked about how I got to the party, where it took place, and so forth. I don’t have all the answers, and I don’t remember as much as I would like to. But the details about that night that bring me here today are ones I will never forget. They have been seared into my memory and have haunted me episodically as an adult."

I guess we can agree that there is a difference about "the details about that night that bring me here" which would be detials about the sexual assult (if it actually happened) and details about how she got to the party or details about all the questions asked? MM wants to make it appear as if "details" have to be the same in the two cases when it is rather obvious that this is not the case.

I wonder why you feel any need to support MM's claim even if you find it likely that her story is not the truth. That should make it so much easier to adress real problems instead of making them up like MM did.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Here's a pretty good running commentary by APNEWS
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, the Democrats keep howling about an FBI investigation. What that would produce (as Kav pointed out) would be a "302". Here's what that is...

What is a 302?

FBI form FD-302 has space to list the name of the agents, the date of the interview, the name of the interviewee, the place of the interview and so forth. Then it allows the agent to draft a memo—in paragraph form—of what the witness said. It can be one page long or twenty pages long, depending on the length of the interview.

The memo section of a 302 is the key part. This is a combination of what the agent was able to write down during the interview and his recollection. It may list the questions and the answers or simply be a narrative of what the witness said.

The witness generally doesn’t see the 302 or get a chance to correct any mistakes he thinks are in it before it is finalized.

source

Kav explained that "you" (Feinstein) "are doing that right now - it's an interview - you're doing that now"! (may not be the exact wording, but that's the gist)

Comment

• Chris Wallace puts things in an interesting perspective: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/2...er-republicans
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                So, the Democrats keep howling about an FBI investigation. What that would produce (as Kav pointed out) would be a "302". Here's what that is...

What is a 302?

FBI form FD-302 has space to list the name of the agents, the date of the interview, the name of the interviewee, the place of the interview and so forth. Then it allows the agent to draft a memo—in paragraph form—of what the witness said. It can be one page long or twenty pages long, depending on the length of the interview.

The memo section of a 302 is the key part. This is a combination of what the agent was able to write down during the interview and his recollection. It may list the questions and the answers or simply be a narrative of what the witness said.

The witness generally doesn’t see the 302 or get a chance to correct any mistakes he thinks are in it before it is finalized.

source

Kav explained that "you" (Feinstein) "are doing that right now - it's an interview - you're doing that now"! (may not be the exact wording, but that's the gist)
                They are all aware of this. They are counting on the public not understanding and falling for their ... poop

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  So let's look at the statement:

"I truly wish I could provide detailed answers to all of the questions that have been and will be asked about how I got to the party, where it took place, and so forth. I don’t have all the answers, and I don’t remember as much as I would like to. But the details about that night that bring me here today are ones I will never forget. They have been seared into my memory and have haunted me episodically as an adult."

I guess we can agree that there is a difference about "the details about that night that bring me here" which would be detials about the sexual assult (if it actually happened) and details about how she got to the party or details about all the questions asked? MM wants to make it appear as if "details" have to be the same in the two cases when it is rather obvious that this is not the case.

I wonder why you feel any need to support MM's claim even if you find it likely that her story is not the truth. That should make it so much easier to adress real problems instead of making them up like MM did.
                  I don't wonder why you feel the need to manufacture this controversy by reading into MM's comments. The irony that you're making up an inconsistency in alleging that MM is making things up is not lost on me.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Diane Fienstien: "when we get an allegation ...." She apparently sits on it for 6 weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I don't wonder why you feel the need to manufacture this controversy by reading into MM's comments. The irony that you're making up an inconsistency in alleging that MM is making things up is not lost on me.
                      You did read how MM did sum up the part I quoted? He said: "In other words, "I can't remember the details, but I will never forget the details."" http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post578930

MM is clearly making it seem as if different details are the same details. Or how would you explain it (and your accusations are not explanations, don't forget that)?

Comment

• I'm not able to watch the hearings, but general "grass roots" commentary I'm seeing is that liberals are laughing at Kavanaugh and calling him a sissy boy because he dared to show genuine emotion and anger at the wringer that he and his family have been run through while conservatives are saying that this whole scheme has backfired on the Democrats because it has humanized Kavanaugh, and that he is ripping the Democrat senators to shreds.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Senator Graham lambasting the Democrats right now about them holding the allegation for 6 weeks.

Comment

• Wow, Lindsey Graham is showing some spine and calling the Dems out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I'm not able to watch the hearings, but general "grass roots" commentary I'm seeing is that liberals are laughing at Kavanaugh and calling him a sissy boy because he dared to show genuine emotion and anger at the wringer that he and his family have been run through while conservatives are saying that this whole scheme has backfired on the Democrats because it has humanized Kavanaugh, and that he is ripping the Democrat senators to shreds.
                              That is the not so charming part about a situation like this that we can all twist and turn our interpretations in order to make it fit in with what we want to believe. Tears can show someone is honest and human or they can show he is a sissy boy depending on how you would like to take it.

Comment

• Random Tweet:

President Trump is "riveted" and telling people, "This is why I nominated him," in a positive way, per person close to him. Talking to lots of people inside WH about how he likes how Kavanaugh is fighting back. Admires the defiance.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment