Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    The advise and consent process is not a criminal proceeding MM, like any job interview it doesn't require proof.
    Collins said that the standard she applied was to simply look at the evidence and ask whether it was more likely than not that Ford's accusation was credible. It couldn't even clear that low bar.

Ironically, Ford might have done better if she didn't name any witnesses, making it a literal "he said/she said". Even with all the holes and contradictions in her narrative, it was her own named witnesses refuting her claims that did the most damage to her credibility.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-06-2018, 08:01 AM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I have my doubts that she was "lying" about what she "remembered" but her claims about the added door and her excuse that she was afraid of flying were shown to be untruths[1], combined with stories of how she wanted to coach her friend on how to beat a polygraph, and when she wouldn't play along and change her story, got thrown under the bus by Ford, has definitely left a dark cloud over her credibility.

But she has made a fortune off her claims and is being lionized as a true heroine of the left so she will do well

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31811[/ATTACH]
      Claiming that she's "done more than prove herself a
      credible witness" and is "guileless"

1. Which certainly draws into question the veracity of her claim that she was unaware that investigators offered to come to California to meet with her if she was afraid of flying.
      How about a form of pascal wager:

If ford is guilty and I do not speak poorly of her or accuse her of being a vile creature, what does it cost me? Nothing. In fact I've acted according to the commands of the Scripture to not be full of bile and bitterness, to show the grace and mercy of God in all situatioms.

If Ford is innocent and speak poorly of her and accuse her of being a vile creature, then what does it cost me? In increasing the suffering of an innocent person I speak judgement on myself. I gave attacked the poor, the sufferring, the innocent and accor ding to Christ, if I do it to the least of these, I have done it to Him.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        How about a form of pascal wager:

If ford is guilty and I do not speak poorly of her or accuse her of being a vile creature, what does it cost me? Nothing. In fact I've acted according to the commands of the Scripture to not be full of bile and bitterness, to show the grace and mercy of God in all situatioms.

If Ford is innocent and speak poorly of her and accuse her of being a vile creature, then what does it cost me? In increasing the suffering of an innocent person I speak judgement on myself. I gave attacked the poor, the sufferring, the innocent and accor ding to Christ, if I do it to the least of these, I have done it to Him.

Jim
        Show me what I said was false and I'll happily retract it. As they say the best defense against slander is the truth.

Btw, did you think about your own statements about Kavanaugh when you proposed this?
        Last edited by rogue06; 10-06-2018, 08:12 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Collins said that the standard she applied was to simply look at the evidence and ask whether it was more likely than not that Ford's accusation was credible. It couldn't even clear that low bar.
          Collins is an unprincipled political hack, like W. Va. Sen. Manchin, she checks first to see where her own best interests lie and thats what she goes with. She's no Heidi Heitkamp!
          Ironically, Ford might have done better if she didn't name any witnesses, making it a literal "he said/she said". Even with all the holes and contradictions in her narrative, it was her own named witnesses refuting her claims that did the most damage to her credibility.
          Ironically Ford might have done better had the White House not hindered the FBI investigation thus giving cover to unprincipled Senators like S Collins and Joe Manchin. But, the senate republicans, regardless of Dr. Ford, failed to do their job. Whether you believed Dr. Fords allegation to be credible or not, Kavanaugh in his own testimony showed himself to be unfit to serve on the SC. You got what you deserve, hopefully we can save democracy from thick headed clowns like you in whom the plutocratic controlled republican party has invested its future.
          Last edited by JimL; 10-06-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            According to Rubio, it's more than just her political career on the line.

"Most will never know the full extent of the efforts to intimidate & threaten Senator Collins on the Kavanaugh vote. I am not talking about political pressure or people screaming at her in an elevator. I am talking about vicious, vile & dangerous actions."

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...than-reported/
            Yes, the Democrat Party has lost its soul and is turning to anarchy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yes, the Democrat Party has lost its soul and is turning to anarchy.
              You really need to get yourself a mirror, CP. Dr. Ford and her family actually had to move out of their house do to threats of violence.

Comment

Evangelicals seem to be quite the boogeyman for you (and a couple other atheist posters here as well). Tell me, do they haunt your dreams? Are you afraid that they might snatch you out of your bed while you sleep if you haven't been a good little lefty?
                Because he is consumed with hatred, and is an anti=Christian bigot pretending to support civil rights. Your classic liberal hypocrite.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  You really need to get yourself a mirror, CP. Dr. Ford and her family actually had to move out of their house do to threats of violence.
                  If true, that's a shame, but you don't see any Republican leadership calling for that kind of conduct, Jim.

This is who your party is becoming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    The Evangelicals like CP don't want to believe her, it goes against their narrative.
                    Clearly, this anti-Christian bigot believes her because it supports his tirade against Evangelicals. EasyPeasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Collins is an unprincipled political hack, like W. Va. Sen. Manchin, she checks first to see where her own best interests lie and thats what she goes with.
                      Would you mind citing exampls from her speech to justify your claims?

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                      Ironically Ford might have done better had the White House not hindered the FBI investigation...
                      Please cite evidence that the White House "hindered" the investigation. And I mean actual evidence and not simply reguritating lines from your liberal talking points memo. Like, was there a promising lead they were prevented from following up? Were they not allowed to ask certain questions? Were there witnesses with credible testimony they were told not to talk to? Let's hear some specifics, Jimmy.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Evangelicals seem to be quite the boogeyman for you (and a couple other atheist posters here as well). Tell me, do they haunt your dreams? Are you afraid that they might snatch you out of your bed while you sleep if you haven't been a good little lefty?
                        He's probably going to have an extra door installed.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• So I ask a question RELATED to the current cabal....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?
                          Noit only do you NOT answer the question, you proceed to defend Ford.

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          She didn't say that anyone there was drugged or gang raped, she said she had one beer, went upstairs to use the bathroom and was forced into the bedroom by Kavanaugh and his buddy, M. Judge, after being molested she got away and ran downstairs and out the front door.
                          I point out your error....

Wrong woman, Jim.
                          Ahd you come up with THIS?

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Yes, I knew were trying to change the subject, CP.
                          Now that we've got you back on track, How bout answering the actual question....

Just out of curiosity, do you actually believe a woman attended a party where there were girls drugged and gang-raped, then she went back to that same kind of party at least 9 more times, and never warned her girlfriends or notified the authorities?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            If true, that's a shame, but you don't see any Republican leadership calling for that kind of conduct, Jim.

This is who your party is becoming.
                            Oh please. You've elected yourself a president that inspires with his words the worst devils of our nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Oh please. You've elected yourself a president that inspires with his words the worst devils of our nature.
                              And Booker and Waters are doing their best to out-crazy him, and you defend them.

I think Trump can be a really classless jackass at times. Your opinion of Booker and Waters and their ilk?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sparko;581361]Jim, I am sure
                                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Show me what I said was false and I'll happily retract it. As they say the best defense against slander is the truth.

Btw, did you think about your own statements about Kavanaugh when you proposed this?

That is a strange request since the point of the post was to posit the results of how we speak about ford when we simply dont know the truth.

And yes, I did think about that. However, as far as I know, I have said nothing derogatory about either one of them. The most I've said is that it is clear Kavanaugh is not being truthful about his college and high school partying. And that it is clear Ford's testimony is not verifiable to any sufficient degree to allow us to act on it relative to Kavanaugh. To act on it would include speaking poorly of him.

And my post was to all engaging in Ford bashing, whoever they may be. Yours was just the last in the sequence, and by no means the worst.

Jim

Moderated By: rogue06

Sorry, I hit edit rather than reply but I think I was able to restore it to its original state including the initial start of a quote from Sparko.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by rogue06; 10-06-2018, 09:50 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment