Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CMD View Post
    Meanwhile, Karen Monahan, abused ex-girlfriend of Keith Ellison, struggles to get even a hundredth of the same level of support from the left as Ford (and Ellison has barely managed to receive even the tiniest fraction of the same level of criticism as Kavanaugh). Quite the contrary, she says she has "been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party."
    This is hypocrisy at its worst, and shows that it's not "the women" who matter, it's "the resistance".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Honestly? I'm slightly skeptical that Kavanaugh would still behave in the same way that he did at 17. That said how he acted at 17 is inexcusible. Most of us did stuff we weren't proud of at 17.....Now if he had ongoing issues and current sexual harrasment accusations I would be a little more inclined to be very worried about his character. I may be more worried about his politics.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        All the more reason for an FBI background investigation to ascertain whatever facts are available...at the very least from Mark Judge, who was named as the third person in the room.
        This just shows how ignorant you really are. It is the FBI's job to investigate crimes and not to determine whether or not an allegation has merit. Secondly, it is their job to investigate FEDERAL crimes -- that's what the F in FBI stands for -- and Ford's story, even as sketchy as it is, does not suggest that any Federal crimes were committed. Finally, Ford has not given nearly enough details to even begin an investigation. She has narrowed the time frame down to a 12-month period at best and can't even say where the alleged incident occurred or who else was there.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Honestly? I'm slightly skeptical that Kavanaugh would still behave in the same way that he did at 17. That said how he acted at 17 is inexcusible.
          Perhaps you mean how he allegedly acted?

Most of us did stuff we weren't proud of at 17.....
          And many of us which we could take some of those things back.

Now if he had ongoing issues and current sexual harrasment accusations I would be a little more inclined to be very worried about his character.
          And that's it - there doesn't seem to be any pattern of bad behavior, and there are tons of people anxious to attest to his good character.

I may be more worried about his politics.
          How so?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            This just shows how ignorant you really are. It is the FBI's job to investigate crimes and not to determine whether or not an allegation has merit. Secondly, it is their job to investigate FEDERAL crimes -- that's what the F in FBI stands for -- and Ford's story, even as sketchy as it is, does not suggest that any Federal crimes were committed. Finally, Ford has not given nearly enough details to even begin an investigation. She has narrowed the time frame down to a 12-month period at best and can't even say where the alleged incident occurred or who else was there.
            Yet, she wants K to testify FIRST to deny this very vague and sketchy allegation. That can only be politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It's the FBI's job to do a background check on SC nominees and if the president requests them to do one, or to re-open one, then that is their job to do it. Stop being a biased buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                It's the FBI's job to do a background check on SC nominees and if the president requests them to do one, or to re-open one, then that is their job to do it. Stop being a biased buffoon.
                And a background check is to ascertain whether anything in their history would or could make them a security threat or capable of being coerced or compromised. The FBI already looked at it and there is nothing that they felt would do that. The FBI has already done 6 background checks on Kavanaugh. They know about the allegations. They were asked to investigate. They stated that there was no case. The FBI is done and has no further business being called in. Stop asking for them.

If anything, the local police need to be called in to investigate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alsharad View Post
                  If anything, the local police need to be called in to investigate.
                  And they would need to begin with "what crime was committed, where did this happen, when, exactly did this happen, who was there....."

There is FAR more to investigate in the Keith Ellison scandal, but the Dems aren't interested in that at all.

This is entirely politically motivated.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    The fact she sought help for it prior to Kavanaugh becoming a public figure is one of the most significant facts which lends credence to her claim.
                    This claim, however, is manifestly untrue. She sought help in 2012. Kavanaugh was a contentious nominee for the DC Circuit all the way back in 2003, and it took three years for him to be confirmed. Why didn't she step forward then?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      so you still haven't taken my advice and given Starlight's mirror back to him and gotten yourself a monitor.
                      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-22-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        All the more reason for an FBI background investigation to ascertain whatever facts are available...
                        At what point is it going to sink in that this is not in the FBI's purview? Feinstein asked them to investigate and they told her no. As a foreigner I can't expect you to know that this does not fall under their jurisdiction but it is unconscionable that so many liberal politicians continue to demand what they full well know (and if at one point they didn't they like you have been repeatedly informed since then) is not something they would investigate. This is what the local authorities are for. The politicians are deliberately playing on the public at large's ignorance about this. That is incredibly dishonest.

All the FBI could do, even when making a standard background check, is ask the locals to investigate (unless federal laws were broken). But nobody knows, including Ford, what local authorities to ask. She thinks it might have been in Montgomery County and it might have been some time during the summer of 1982 (she's not even sure about that). With so little to go on all anyone can do at this point is file a report. That is it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          This claim, however, is manifestly untrue. She sought help in 2012. Kavanaugh was a contentious nominee for the DC Circuit all the way back in 2003, and it took three years for him to be confirmed. Why didn't she step forward then?
                          And she never said it was him until this July.

I find it interesting that so many Democrats have come out and said they believe her. Perhaps someone should ask them which version of her story do they believe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Who's to say she even would have heard about that? Unless you're actively keeping up with judicial nominations/confirmations, it's highly unlikely you would have heard about any of them (outside of Supreme Court nominations, of course, which get tons of press). The only non-SC confirmation that got any real coverage in the media I recall was Amy Barrett, which was only because of Feinstein's (in)famous "the dogma lives loudly in you" statement that was controversial and got highly publicized.

Of course, Ford has a stellar opportunity to answer such questions and clear up any ambiguities: Testify. Until that happens, it's increasingly difficult to find her accusation credible.

Comment

Wait ... so is it your contention then that she had eyes on him since 2003, and that in 2012, seeing his advancement and anticipating that someday in the future he might one day be nominated to the Supreme court, she found a therapist and tricked her husband and the therapist into thinking these events with Kavanaugh happened in high school. Setting up a credible background so that one day, if he ever did get nominated or too close to confirmation, she would have this allegation available to toss out at the last minute in the hopes it would stop his confirmation ... ??

Jim
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-22-2018, 03:12 PM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                Who's to say she even would have heard about that? Unless you're actively keeping up with judicial nominations/confirmations, it's highly unlikely you would have heard about any of them (outside of Supreme Court nominations, of course, which get tons of press). The only non-SC confirmation that got any real coverage in the media I recall was Amy Barrett, which was only because of Feinstein's (in)famous "the dogma lives loudly in you" statement that was controversial and got highly publicized.

Of course, Ford has a stellar opportunity to answer such questions and clear up any ambiguities: Testify. Until that happens, it's increasingly difficult to find her accusation credible.
                                You don't recall Miguel Estrada? Non-SC nominees may get less coverage, but they do get covered. And if you're sensitive to a certain person being mentioned due to a traumatic experience, it doesn't take much. It would certainly get covered in local papers, because of the hometown connection.

ETA: And this DID get national coverage at the time:

CNN

NYT
                                Last edited by One Bad Pig; 09-22-2018, 03:15 PM.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment