Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Sounds just like Hillary to me.
    I immediately thought of Obama.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And yet, you can’t prove any of your charges as true. I think you believe your blind accusations, without a bit of evidence, because it gives you justification to believe your nonsense.
      Like I said, Lilpix, you're blind to the facts, so there is really no help for you. The proof and the evidence of Trumps criminality, of his character, of his disregard for the law, has been presented to you all over and over again, and you still can't see it. You can't see it when it happens right in front of your faces. As Trump himself realized going in, he could shoot someone on 5th ave in broad daylight the conservative tribe wouldn't dessert him. Cognitive dissonance I believe is one name for it. It's a psychological condition that obstructs any facts from penetrating the wall of belief you've built up over time. Trump knows it and is taking advantage of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Like I said, Lilpix, you're blind to the facts, so there is really no help for you. The proof and the evidence of Trumps criminality, of his character, of his disregard for the law, has been presented to you all over and over again, and you still can't see it. You can't see it when it happens right in front of your faces. As Trump himself realized going in, he could shoot someone on 5th ave in broad daylight the conservative tribe wouldn't dessert him. Cognitive dissonance I believe is one name for it. It's a psychological condition that obstructs any facts from penetrating the wall of belief you've built up over time. Trump knows it and is taking advantage of it.
        Repeating your assertions doesn’t make them true because you repeat them. Come back when you have this evidence thing.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Sheldon Whitehouse believes it is time to investigate the FBI investigation:

When I was a U.S. attorney, I worked closely with the FBI. When the FBI investigators were looking at something, what they wanted was information. The FBI is a machine for the acquisition and retention of information on cases. When the FBI began repelling and deflecting information in its investigation of Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s alleged history of sexual misconduct last year, that was unusual — a warning flag.
          What I can say is that had I been given an investigative package like the one I saw in that room, as a U.S. attorney I would have sent the matter back for further investigation. This whole mess has been heavily politicized, but I sincerely doubt any U.S. attorney of any party would have made a decision to prosecute or not based on such a cursory investigative effort.
          It’s now time to investigate the investigation, and to compare it with the gold standard of a real FBI investigation. Every sign points to this having been as much a cover-up as an investigation. That’s not the way America is supposed to work.
          https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinio...mn/2366590001/
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Like I said, Lilpix, you're blind to the facts....
            Jim, there is NOBODY on Tweb more dedicated to their own side's talking points than you.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
              Sheldon Whitehouse believes it is time to investigate the FBI investigation:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinio...mn/2366590001/
              Right... not because there is any good reason to believe that the investigation wasn't proper and through but simply because liberals didn't get the results they wanted

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Right... not because there is any good reason to believe that the investigation wasn't proper and through but simply because liberals didn't get the results they wanted
                Yes, the FBI is a professional organization, and Trump was HORRIBLE for implying they were anything but professional --- until they didn't produce the results the liberals want, now the FBI is incompetent, and only the fiercely partisan politicians can do their job fairly and professionally....
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Kavanaugh was exposed in the hearings as an individual who is not fit to be a Supreme Court Justice and that is regardless of whether or not the allegations against him were true.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Kavanaugh was exposed in the hearings as an individual who is not fit to be a Supreme Court Justice and that is regardless of whether or not the allegations against him were true.

You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        Yeah, it reminded me of Biden saying, "We choose truth over facts."

Comment

Yeah, it reminded me of Biden saying, "We choose truth over facts."
                          More like

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

How? Because he enjoys a beer?
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              How? Because he enjoys a beer?
                              No, because he stood his ground when the left maliciously smeared him with lies. They much prefer conservatives like John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, and John McCain who will happily roll over for the "establishment".

Comment

No, because he stood his ground when the left maliciously smeared him with lies. They much prefer conservatives like John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, and John McCain who will happily roll over for the "establishment".
                                Someone once noted that conservatives have been pleading with their leaders to "fight back" and then pointed out that this is what fighting back looks like.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment