Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    I only partially agree. Kavanaugh showing some anger was understandable if he believes himself innocent. But he went pretty far with it sometimes, too far in my opinion.
    As part of my Captain Negative, never *completely* trust *anyone* way, I sort of wonder how much of his performance was real, and how much was him implementing the advice of various conservatives who insisted he had to be more passionate and animated than he was in his FNC interview.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Lilpix, she hasn't the the info to go on. That's why an unbiased FBI investigation of the matter is necessary. Dr Ford gave the version of events that she could remember from 35 years ago, an investigation of other witnesses could fill in the missing details.
      You’ve been getting your information on how police work goes from Hollywood I see. Sorry, but that isn’t how it works at all. Although your hand wave of the professional opinion of a women that spends her life locking up rapist saying she finds problems with the story and says it’s unreliable is amusing, it shows how disconnected you are from reality. Face it Jimmy, this isn’t going to be the magic bullet you want it to be because there is a total lack of evidence that a crime took place and I highly doubt the FBI will find anything other than that. Of course, congressmen know this and are stalling in the hopes they win big in Novemember and can take the seat for themselves because this isn’t about an actual crime at all, it’s about holding onto power no matter who had to be destroyed to do so.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

A "he said she said" is simply the accusers word against the accused's. An investigation seeks out corraborating evidence in support of the one or the others story's
        No time or place given. Named witnesses don’t know anything about it. Yep, the FBI has magic and will discover something without any evidence a crime ever happened.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I'm becoming *much* less sympathetic toward her, and am leaning toward the idea that her whole physical appearance and timid, vulnerable demeanor in the hearing was concocted.
          Of course you are, but you believe Kavanaugh even though he was caught lying over and over again, right? You guys is funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            You’ve been getting your information on how police work goes from Hollywood I see. Sorry, but that isn’t how it works at all. Although your hand wave of the professional opinion of a women that spends her life locking up rapist saying she finds problems with the story and says it’s unreliable is amusing, it shows how disconnected you are from reality. Face it Jimmy, this isn’t going to be the magic bullet you want it to be because there is a total lack of evidence that a crime took place and I highly doubt the FBI will find anything other than that. Of course, congressmen know this and are stalling in the hopes they win big in Novemember and can take the seat for themselves because this isn’t about an actual crime at all, it’s about holding onto power no matter who had to be destroyed to do so.
            Blah blah blah! The FBI may find nothing, but they are controlled and severly constrained by the White House so it looks as though the so called investigation is a bit of a sham. It's a rather stupid move by republicans anyway, there are plenty of other conservative judges they could have confirmed without problems just like they did with Gorsuch. Now, they may confirm Kavanaugh, but then, due to his lying to Congress, the democrats, should they win the midterms, can just impeach him next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
              A point I heard someone make today:

When was the last time you or someone you know went to a job interview, and cried throughout and yelled at the interviewers and denounced a conspiracy to stop you getting the job... and you got the job?
              When was the last time someone went to a job interview where they were repeatedly accused of being an attempted rapist? Especially based on the flimsiest of evidence.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                which makes her entire testimony unreliable. You can't have it both ways Tassman.
                We have Dr Ford’s highly credible demeanour during her testimony vis-à-vis multiple accounts of Kavanaugh’s heavy drinking and belligerence when drunk. Liz Swisher, a college friend of Kavanaugh’s, told the Washington Post. “There’s no medical way I can say that he was blacked out. . . . But it’s not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess.”
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  We have Dr Ford’s highly credible demeanour during her testimony vis-à-vis multiple accounts of Kavanaugh’s heavy drinking and belligerence when drunk. Liz Swisher, a college friend of Kavanaugh’s, told the Washington Post. “There’s no medical way I can say that he was blacked out. . . . But it’s not credible for him to say that he has had no memory lapses in the nights that he drank to excess.”
                  If she was a Republican the left would be complaining that she was too emotional and whinny (sounding more like a 6 year who got caught doing something by her parents than an adult woman).

And it's her long list of significant memory lapses that is the problem -- not to mention that all her witnesses (including a lifelong friend) have no memory of the events she claimed took place (with her friend adding she never met Kavanaugh).
                  Last edited by rogue06; 10-04-2018, 02:35 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Of course you are, but you believe Kavanaugh even though he was caught lying over and over again, right? You guys is funny.
                    The short-ish answer is that I disbelieve him much less than I disbelieve her.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      The short-ish answer is that I disbelieve him much less than I disbelieve her.
                      If that's your short-ish answer I'd like to know how your short answer looks.

Comment

• FBI finds no evidence to corroborate Ford's sketchy allegations. McConnell schedules a cloture vote for Friday.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rview-reports/
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          How many interviews did you have where you were accused of being a serial rapist where your wife and daughters were threatened with physical harm? Guess you’d be totally cool with that, huh Starlight?
                          Which brings us back to something I asked many pages back that was never answered:

For all the Ford defenders, suppose you were falsely accused of sexual assult, and the case against you was identical to the one against Kavanaugh, complete with you and your family being maliciously drug through the mud. How would you respond?
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Blah blah blah! The FBI may find nothing, but they are controlled and severly constrained by the White House so it looks as though the so called investigation is a bit of a sham. It's a rather stupid move by republicans anyway, there are plenty of other conservative judges they could have confirmed without problems just like they did with Gorsuch. Now, they may confirm Kavanaugh, but then, due to his lying to Congress, the democrats, should they win the midterms, can just impeach him next year.
                            I understand why you prefer the legal opinion of TV talking heads vs someone that actually puts rapist into jail. Her professional opinion based on the testimony of the accuser is destructive to the narrative thus it’s okay to attack her integrity without any evidence at all. Your next rant is even more amusing because do you really want to set the bar at it’s okay to impeach a president because your side doesn’t like him? You would think you’d learn your lesson by now of being careful because Democrats will lose, sooner or later and hand these new rules over to the republicans, who will use them just as democrats destroying the power of the filibuster allowed the republicans to fill the courts with consertive judges. Your next claim that he ‘lied’ is rather amusing considering the history of democrats lying to Congress and getting away with it. Now what specific thing did he lie about? Be specific.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Like what lies? You mean like how he said he sometimes drunk too much, so stories that he was sometimes drunk too much might be true? The one where the media claims magical mind reading powers and know what the inside jokes truly mean in his yearbook? Or where they claimed he lied about knowing about Debbie Remirez’s accusation, even though he is quoted, in the same article denying the charges and told the committee he became aware of the accusations through his own contacts? Those are some big lies alright, big lies from the media wanting to destroy a man for political power.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Which brings us back to something I asked many pages back that was never answered:

For all the Ford defenders, suppose you were falsely accused of sexual assult, and the case against you was identical to the one against Kavanaugh, complete with you and your family being maliciously drug through the mud. How would you respond?
                                Not true. I did respond to this question when you asked it the first time. And I'll respond again.

1) Being falsely accused is a nightmare. It would be very hard to defend oneself against it unless one had a clear alibi or some sort of corroborating evidence. In that sort of a circumstance, one can only rely on ones reputation and friends and hope they believe you.

but this is a very one sided question:

2) Being assaulted by someone with no corroborating evidence other than your word and your own sketchy memories is ALSO a nightmare. Likewise, in that sort of a circumstance, one can only rely on ones reputation and friends and hope they believe you.

The measure of a man is not if he can have compassion for his friends. It is if he can have compassion for his enemies.

Source: Bonhoeffer

“Jesus Christ lived in the midst of his enemies. At the end all his disciples deserted him. On the Cross he was utterly alone, surrounded by evildoers and mockers. For this cause he had come, to bring peace to the enemies of God. So the Christian, too, belongs not in the seclusion of a cloistered life but in the thick of foes. There is his commission, his work. 'The kingdom is to be in the midst of your enemies. And he who will not suffer this does not want to be of the Kingdom of Christ; he wants to be among friends, to sit among roses and lilies, not with the bad people but the devout people. O you blasphemers and betrayers of Christ! If Christ had done what you are doing who would ever have been spared' (Luther).”
                                ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Christian Community

© Copyright Original Source

There is potential here for BOTH these people to be suffering, to be in great despair. Our discussions are NOT reflecting that fact. Only one of these persons is being given grace here, being shown mercy by those that name the name of Christ.

We - NONE OF US - has enough evidence to know what really happened. And that should be sufficient to restrain the derogatory comments aimed at either of them.

But it is not.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-04-2018, 07:53 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment