Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    You voted for a President who ran a scam university and a fraudulent charity. Your Senator is currently in the news for sending out fraudulent fundraiser mailers disguised as court summons.

Yet despite this... you whinge that Elizabeth Warren is sending out a totally normal, run of the mill, fundraising email, which happens to mention what the political issues of the current week are? Do you have no decency whatsoever?
    WHATABOUTISM!!!!! Somebody git a rope!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

AFAICT it seems that Feinstein intended to hide all the evidence and take a "boys will be boys" approach of ignoring it and simply approving Kavanaugh's nomination.
      That's probably one of the stupidest things I have heard you ever say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I actually don't think that Kavanaugh will survive this.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
          Even though the accusation is obviously false, and Feinstein is playing a transparent game of dirty politics. It infuriates me that the Republican party continues to let the Democrats get away with this BS.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            I meant Starlight saying that Feinstein didn't release it because she was going to approve Kavanaugh.

Comment

I meant Starlight saying that Feinstein didn't release it because she was going to approve Kavanaugh.
              I know, I was just putting my two cents in...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

AFAICT it seems that Feinstein intended to hide all the evidence and take a "boys will be boys" approach of ignoring it and simply approving Kavanaugh's nomination. The accusation from Professor Ford against Kavanaugh only came out because other democrats blew their tops at Feinstein when they found she was covering up for Kavanaugh, and they got a hold of the letter and leaked it to the press.

Now that they have, other stuff is beginning to come out too... which it now turns out Feinstein and Grassley both knew about and ignored. It also explains why Grassley was so quick off the mark with his "letter from 65 women who knew Kavanaugh"... because several months ago he'd received the letter from an attorney saying half a dozen women who'd worked in the federal judiciary with Kavanaugh had stories to tell about him and his mentor who resigned for sexual harrassment.

If it's indeed true that Feinstein knew about all this and decided to ignore it / cover it up, she really needs to be removed.
                And it's just a coincidence that this is working exactly how they wanted it. If this had been released early on it likely would have already been dealt with[1] but dropping it days from the confirmation is designed to delay that vote -- which is precisely what she and other Democrats wanted all along.

1. An accusation from someone who conveniently can't remember when or where she felt her life was in danger as she was supposedly being assaulted and declares through her lawyer that she doesn't have to provide any corroboration/details (hence turning the legal system upside down by implying that the accused must prove their innocence).
                Last edited by rogue06; 09-18-2018, 01:55 PM. Reason: fix footnote notation

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There's a pretty long list of contenders including declaring that Stalin was a right-winger (which he even tried to defend!) which I think still tops this.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So a hearing has been scheduled for Monday, Kavanaugh has said that he will testify... but his accuser has yet to confirm if she will be willing to publicly testify under oath.

Source: Chuck Grassley: Monday’s Kavanaugh Hearing May Be Canceled if Christine Blasey Ford Doesn’t Testify

Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said Tuesday that the committee’s hearing on Monday with Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford, who now accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault in high school, may be canceled if Ford does not testify.

Grassley (R-IA) said during a hearing with radio host Hugh Hewitt that his staff has continued to reach out to Ford over the last 36 hours but is still waiting for a response to find out if she will testify publicly regarding her sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Grassley said, “We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email, and we have not heard from them, so it kind of raises the question do they want to come to the public hearing or not.”

The Iowa senator added that he hopes Ford would come to the hearing on Monday. Asked by reporters if the Judiciary Committee would hold a high-profile, televised hearing if Ford did not testify, the committee chairman suggested the hearing would be pointless without her attendance.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...oesnt-testify/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      So a hearing has been scheduled for Monday, Kavanaugh has said that he will testify... but his accuser has yet to confirm if she will be willing to publicly testify under oath.

Source: Chuck Grassley: Monday’s Kavanaugh Hearing May Be Canceled if Christine Blasey Ford Doesn’t Testify

Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) said Tuesday that the committee’s hearing on Monday with Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford, who now accuses Kavanaugh of sexual assault in high school, may be canceled if Ford does not testify.

Grassley (R-IA) said during a hearing with radio host Hugh Hewitt that his staff has continued to reach out to Ford over the last 36 hours but is still waiting for a response to find out if she will testify publicly regarding her sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Grassley said, “We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email, and we have not heard from them, so it kind of raises the question do they want to come to the public hearing or not.”

The Iowa senator added that he hopes Ford would come to the hearing on Monday. Asked by reporters if the Judiciary Committee would hold a high-profile, televised hearing if Ford did not testify, the committee chairman suggested the hearing would be pointless without her attendance.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...oesnt-testify/

© Copyright Original Source

If she is lying and this is a ploy, testifying raises the stakes. Perjury is a crime. Right now she can back out and make excuses, but if she testifies and they determine somehow she is lying, it could mean jail time.

I predict a no-show and a story about how she is afraid to relive the trauma by facing Kavanough. maybe preceded by as much delaying tactics as they can get away with, to put off the vote.
                      Last edited by Sparko; 09-18-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

If she is lying and this is a ploy, testifying raises the stakes. Perjury is a crime. Right now she can back out and make excuses, but if she testifies and they determine somehow she is lying, it could mean jail time.

I predict a no-show and a story about how she is afraid to relive the trauma by facing Kavanough. maybe preceded by as much delaying tactics as they can get away with, to put off the vote.
                        The more I'm hearing about this, the sillier it gets. I wonder if our local liberals take her seriously.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          The more I'm hearing about this, the sillier it gets. I wonder if our local liberals take her seriously.
                          Even the San Francisco Chronicle has posted an editorial lambasting Feinstein for this.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It'll be very difficult to prove she's lying, and even false accusers who confess are rarely punished.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              It'll be very difficult to prove she's lying, and even false accusers who confess are rarely punished.
                              The blowback here if she is caught lying would be tremendous. Biggly! Feinstein and the other democrats would scatter like cockroaches when the light is turned on, trying to distance themselves from Ford.

Comment

The blowback here if she is caught lying would be tremendous. Biggly! Feinstein and the other democrats would scatter like cockroaches when the light is turned on, trying to distance themselves from Ford.
                                They would definitely abandon her in that case but I think they would try to play the victim card proclaiming that they were lied to and deceived.

Comment