Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gee, and all these allegations suddenly come to light after Kavanaugh passed the most contentious confirmation hearing in US history with flying colors. What a coincidence.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Gee, and all these allegations suddenly come to light after Kavanaugh passed the most contentious confirmation hearing in US history with flying colors. What a coincidence.
      I don't see how he gets through, especially with gutless Republicans.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        I don't see how he gets through, especially with gutless Republicans.
        Unfortunately, I suspect you're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Oh lookie, more piling on:

-----
          Michael Avenatti said he has 'significant evidence' that Brett Kavanaugh participated in sexual misconduct in high school

The attorney Michael Avenatti added to the sexual-misconduct allegations against Brett Kavanaugh on Sunday, claiming he has "significant evidence" that the Supreme Court nominee participated in sexual misconduct in high school.

In an email to Mike Davis, the chief counsel for nominations for the Senate Judiciary Committee, Avenatti said he had evidence that at house parties in the early 1980s, Kavanaugh, his friend Mark Judge, and others would target women using alcohol and drugs "in order to allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang rape them."

Avenatti did not identify any witnesses or disclose more details about the allegations. He tweeted a screenshot of the email on Sunday evening after announcing he was representing "a woman with credible information" about Kavanaugh and Judge.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mich...vanaugh-2018-9
          To me, again, it really isn't about the truth or falsity. It's the fact it was high school and early college. Unless it was a prosecutable, criminal offense like rape, I really don't think what somebody did in high school in this arena can hold a candle to what their lifetime of character shows they became. I doubt many in public service (or this forum) could survive* a deep look into their sexual or party behavior in high school or even college, especially prior to the 2000's. Even now its still a major party atmosphere out there. It's very much hypocrisy for any of these guys to be pointing fingers too harshly on this front.

Jim

And I am one that COULD survive such a look. But I know what went on with MOST of the kids in my high school, and in my college dorms. And I'm quite sure most of these guys (and gals) don't have a leg to stand on.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-24-2018, 11:30 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Feinstein, other Dems largely silent on abuse claims against Keith Ellison

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31443[/ATTACH]
            And that is wrong ... but a different topic.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Gee, and all these allegations suddenly come to light after Kavanaugh passed the most contentious confirmation hearing in US history with flying colors. What a coincidence.
              yeah all these people sat around for months and then just in the last week went, "Oh wait! THAT Kavanaugh! He tried to rape me! I totally forgot till now!"

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                And I am one that COULD survive such a look. But I know what went on with MOST of the kids in my high school, and in my college dorms. And I'm quite sure most of these guys (and gals) don't have a leg to stand on.
                I couldn't. 18 and 19 were stupid years for me. Post-divorce and legal drinking on a military base...
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yes they do. Very good reasons in fact. And those reasons have NOTHING to do with my point. In fact, you and Rogues responses are ALSO prima facia evidence of why her delay is credible. Here you are doing everything you can to push back against even acknowledging the delay is credible. We aren't even talking about the truth or falsity of the event, or the problems with those that deny her claims, we are talking about one very small part of the equation - the credibility of the delay - and you people are attacking my comments like an animal protecting its territory.

Pix - why don't you try empathy for just one time? What would you do if someone pushed themselves on you and you knew that person was powerful, well liked, had an impeccable reputation, and you did not have one shred of evidence it actually happened? Are you going to face most people doubting you, wondering why you would lie like that about such a good person? And for what? You can't prove ANYTHING about it. And the few people you thought could at least confirm the two of you were in the same place at the same time are saying they don't recall anything about it.

Jim
                  Empathy - (Jim definition) HOW DARE YOU ASK FOR EVIDENCE!

Sorry Jackass, but my empathy doesn’t run one direction, unlike yours. Please, tell us all why lives need to be destroyed by questionable allegations that have key details missing that is contradicted by named witness? Oh that’s right, you hate Trump do who cares about evidence and burden of proof? If destroying a man’s life on questionable claims is required to stop Trump, so be it? Right jackass?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Sorry Jackass, but my empathy doesn’t run one direction, unlike yours. Please, tell us all why lives need to be destroyed by questionable allegations that have key details missing that is contradicted by named witness? Oh that’s right, you hate Trump do who cares about evidence and burden of proof? If destroying a man’s life on questionable claims is required to stop Trump, so be it? Right jackass?
                    That's about right. Personally, I'm not of the opinion that the accuser should automatically get the benefit of the doubt no matter how costly the accusation might be to them personally. It's no different than if someone is accused of any other crime. The presumption is that the accused is innocent until evidence is presented that proves their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, every potential corroborating witness has flat out rejected the accusations against Kavanaugh, yet liberals are still trying to act like there's a better than 50/50 chance that he could be guilty! Have these people no sense of justice?

Comment

That's about right. Personally, I'm not of the opinion that the accuser should automatically get the benefit of the doubt no matter how costly the accusation might be to them personally. It's no different than if someone is accused of any other crime. The presumption is that the accused is innocent until evidence is presented that proves their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, every potential corroborating witness has flat out rejected the accusations against Kavanaugh, yet liberals are still trying to act like there's a better than 50/50 chance that he could be guilty! Have these people no sense of justice?
                      I wonder if Jim would like to live under his own rules. Someone you don’t remember, from an event you don’t remember, comes forth and accuses you of attempting to raping them. They can’t remember the details, their story has gone through changes, the memory was brought forth by a scientifically questionable means, the witnesses disagree, etc. I seriously wonder if Jim, Tasman, or anyone wants to live in a world where accusations are enough to destroy your entire life over. As a women, I’d rather have the possibility that my abuser might go free than the possibility that my husband, son, father, brother, uncle etc could have their life destroyed by an accuser that brings forth zero evidence of their accusations. Is it perfect? No, but it’s better than the guilty till proven innocent system that democrats are trying to bring back.
                      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 09-24-2018, 01:39 PM.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Such a sweet little lady

pix - you are hearing what you want to hear. And that little filter you use when you read won't allow you to comprehend anything I'm saying, its context, its purpose, its direction. So there really is no point in having any further discussions with you.

Jim

Comment

I wonder if Jim would like to live under his own rules. Someone you don’t remember, from an event you don’t remember, comes forth and accuses you of attempting to raping them. They can’t remember the details, their story has gone through changes, the memory was brought forth by a scientifically questionable means, the witnesses disagree, etc. I seriously wonder if Jim, Tasman, or anyone wants to live in a world where accusations are enough to destroy your entire life over. As a women, I’d rather have the possibility that my abuser might go free than the possibility that my husband, son, father, brother, uncle etc could have their life destroyed by an accuser that brings forth zero evidence of their accusations. Is it perfect? No, but it’s better than the guilty till proven innocent system that democrats are trying to bring back.
                          Amen and amen Sis...
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Such a sweet little lady

pix - you are hearing what you want to hear. And that little filter you use when you read won't allow you to comprehend anything I'm saying, its context, its purpose, its direction. So there really is no point in having any further discussions with you.

Jim
                            That’s ironic coming from a false accuser that only sees a single side of a story. I have plenty of empathy and understanding and look at this at both angles. Tell me Jim, would you like to live in a world we’re an accusation is enough to destroy your life and your forever labeled as a rapist, without any evidence to support such an accusation? Yes or no?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

As I said, you have no clue what I was actually talking about. So you wander off into la la land fighting windmills. Go back and see if you can reconcile this idiot tirade or yours with the most recent post I made to Sparko - post 499. You can't. You have not one ounce of understanding here in terms of what I was actually trying to say. So feel free to flail at the wind all you want crazy lady. And when and if you actually want to use that little brain of yours for something other than a hat rack and that mouth of yours for something other than derision, come back and we'll see what might be possible in terms of a discussion.

Jim

Comment

As I said, you have no clue what I was actually talking about. So you wander off into la la land fighting windmills. Go back and see if you can reconcile this idiot tirade or yours with the most recent post I made to Sparko - post 499. You can't. You have not one ounce of understanding here in terms of what I was actually trying to say. So feel free to flail at the wind all you want crazy lady. And when and if you actually want to use that little brain of yours for something other than a hat rack and that mouth of yours for something other than derision, come back and we'll see what might be possible in terms of a discussion.

Jim
                                Ouch, I must have hit a nerve. Let’s go back and look, shall we?

Pix - why don't you try empathy for just one time? What would you do if someone pushed themselves on you and you knew that person was powerful, well liked, had an impeccable reputation, and you did not have one shred of evidence it actually happened? Are you going to face most people doubting you, wondering why you would lie like that about such a good person? And for what? You can't prove ANYTHING about it. And the few people you thought could at least confirm the two of you were in the same place at the same time are saying they don't recall anything about it.

Looks like what I said is quite reliant, crazy man you just don’t want to admit it. See Jim, I have more empathic understanding than I care to have and think of this from all angles. An event that happened over 30 years ago, with key details missing and named witnesses disagreeing with what happened is a problem and not enough to destroy a life over, no matter how much you wish it was so. Unless of course, you want to live under these rules. I gave you my view already, I’d rather deal with the possibility that my abuser might go free than deny another human their right of due process under the law. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than living with the possibility that the hammer can fall down on your head at any time.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment