Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    That is a good one!
    Don't encourage me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Don't encourage me.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No. Seriously. You have no idea how my mind works and how, um, "creative" I have been.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No. Seriously. You have no idea how my mind works and how, um, "creative" I have been.
          I bet I could keep up with you on war stories!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Were you dead?
            Nope... just extremely conservative even in my rebellion.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Nope... just extremely conservative even in my rebellion.
              So you were rebelling by not being a rebel!

Comment

So you were rebelling by not being a rebel!
                Depends on what you mean by "rebel". I was extremely anti-authoritarian.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS for political reasons. SCOTUS is then an illegitimate political instrument of the GOP.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS for political reasons. SCOTUS is then an illegitimate political instrument of the GOP.
                    How do you properly investigate he said / she said, especially since she has no corroborating evidence? And where do you get off calling him a rapist? Well I guess a child molester like you would know...

Comment

How do you properly investigate he said / she said, especially since she has no corroborating evidence? And where do you get off calling him a rapist? Well I guess a child molester like you would know...
                      Do not feed the troll.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I did not call him a rapist.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

We were never vandals or did anything that hurt anyone (except the locking of the greased pig in the school library overnight after feeding it Ex-Lax)
                          When I was being interviewed by mayor and safety director for my police department job WAY back when, I sailed chugged through the interview fairly well, and it was coming to the point where they would tell me if I was hired or not.

The safety director kept looking at his notes, and it got really quiet.... and he finally looked over his glasses at me and asked, "OK, off the record... did you REALLY weld a police car to a fire hydrant at [name] High School?"

I could feel my face turn warm and red, and I kinda stammered.... "Um... is that what it says there?"

He replied "it says you were listed as a suspect".

I told him, "sir, there are a LOT of things for which I was listed as a suspect, but.. um...."

He said, "Try not to wreck any of our police cars, OK?"

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I did not call him a rapist.
                            Say WHAT?

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS....
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• It goes like this:
                              An accusation is made. It is a serious accusation.
                              We don’t know whether it is true or not.
                              Republicans may be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
                              Why would you?
                              Are there no other candidates?
                              They might make the appointment but the doubt does not magically disappear.

Comment

If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS for political reasons. SCOTUS is then an illegitimate political instrument of the GOP.
                                And that's exactly were the left will go if K gets confirmed --- "WAaaannnnnhhhhhhh.... it's not LEGITIMATE!!!!" Bunch of psychos.

Comment