Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If republicans lack the .... spine .... to push this guy through an obvious political sham, then it's time to replace them.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
      I did not call him a rapist.
      If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS for political reasons

Then what does this mean?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It goes like this:
        An accusation is made. It is a serious accusation.
        We don’t know whether it is true or not.
        Republicans may be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
        Why would you?
        Are there no other candidates?
        They might make the appointment but the doubt does not magically disappear.
        Considering the utter lack of corroboration (at least at this point) of the accusation and the many long time acquaintances stepping forward to speak of his good character...

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It goes like this:
          An accusation is made. It is a serious accusation.
          We don’t know whether it is true or not.
          Republicans may be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
          Why would you?
          Are there no other candidates?
          They might make the appointment but the doubt does not magically disappear.
          It goes like this...
          Liberals tried everything they could to block K, and couldn't do it.
          An extreme leftist social justice warrior comes up with some very vague accusations against a sea of very positive recommendations from people who actually knew K and attest to his character.
          She didn't want to come forward, didn't want her name to be used, but DiFi gets the information and SITS ON IT through all of the traditional hearings and questioning.
          Absolutely frustrated, liberals play their tired old "it's the SERIOUSNESS of the charge - who cares if there's any proof!" card
          Democrats refuse to give K the benefit of the doubt.
          Are there no LIBERAL candidates the Republicans could offer?
          Then that's it --- we're going to pitch hissies and wine and cry and obstruct and deny!!!!!

bunch of pshychos
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by themuzicman View Post
            If republicans lack the .... spine .... to push this guy through an obvious political sham, then it's time to replace them.
            I agree - which is why I'm no longer a Republican.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This is precious.

Broaddrick: FBI Probe Ford Allegation? Then ‘Investigate My RAPE Allegations’ Against Clinton

(CNSNews.com) -- Commenting on Christine Blasey Ford's allegation that Brett Kavanaugh assaulted her at a beer party some 36 years ago and that the FBI must investigate the matter now before she will testify about the supposed incident, Juanita Broaddrick tweeted that if the FBI goes back that far then it must also "investigate my RAPE allegations against Bill Clinton, too."

"If you want the FBI to go back that far @HillaryClinton @MSNBC to investigate Ford's allegations .... let's investigate my RAPE allegations against Bill Clinton, too. Seems only fair," Broaddrick tweeted on Sept. 18.

Juanita Broaddrick, a retired nursing home administrator, has long maintained that Bill Clinton, when he was the Arkansas Attorney General, raped her -- a "forcible, brutal rape" -- in a hotel room in Little Rock, Ark., on April 25, 1978. At the time, Broaddrick was 35, Clinton was 31.

Clinton first met Broaddrick earlier that year during his 1978 gubernatorial campaign. Broaddrick wanted to volunteer for the campaign and Clinton invited her to stop by campaign headquarters in Little Rock. While in Little Rock for a nursing home conference, Broaddrick called the campaign office and Clinton said they should meet in the coffee shop at her hotel, the Camelot Hotel. Once there, however, Clinton suggested they have the coffee in her room to avoid reporters.

Once in the room, according to Broaddrick, Clinton chatted about some policy issues, then he forcibly kissed her. She pushed him away, told him she was married, and that she was not interested in him.

As Broaddrick explained in an interview with NBC Dateline on Feb. 24, 1999, "Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him 'No,' that I didn't want this to happen but he wouldn't listen to me."

MUCH more detail and "earlier reporting" than the current scam against K.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                If the accusation is not properly investigated, Republicans demonstrate their willingness to put a rapist on SCOTUS for political reasons

Then what does this mean?
                I explained further at #209.
                Suppose this were a janitor at your local primary school, and someone reputable accuses him of kiddie fiddling. Do you send death threats to the accuser?
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

MUCH more detail and "earlier reporting" than the current scam against K.
                  CP, really you have to change your avatar. I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see her...
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

How do you properly investigate he said / she said, especially since she has no corroborating evidence?
                    Not only no corroborating evidence but no details that would help law enforcement even begin an investigation.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Suppose this were a janitor at your local primary school, and someone reputable accuses him of kiddie fiddling. Do you send death threats to the accuser?
                      When at first you don't succeed, propose inapt hypotheticals in hopes they won't notice?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

FF you still called him a rapist!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          When at first you don't succeed, propose inapt hypotheticals in hopes they won't notice?
                          Republicans face a simple choice with Kavanaugh:

1. Investigate this totally credible accusation
                          2. Send death threats to the accuser
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

CP, really you have to change your avatar. I throw up a little in my mouth every time I see her...
                            Yeah, I'll change it shortly. I think she's kinda fun to watch, and I'm afraid I'll miss that moment when she spontaneously combusts into a pile of ashes. I mean, it's like she's on speed or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                              If someone reputable accuses him? And there's corroborating evidence and other details sufficient to compel an investigation? By all means, investigate.

But what does that have to do with the extremely vague and sketchy accusations against Kavanaugh from a source that can't even keep her story straight?
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                1. Investigate this totally credible accusation
                                Why isn't his categorical denial totally credible?

Comment