Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political science majors will likely be studying that election for the next century if not well beyond trying to figure out how we got there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Political science majors will likely be studying that election for the next century if not well beyond trying to figure out how we got there.
      Along with the upcoming one, which appears to be poised to buck all trends.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        I didn't. But I don't expect you to understand the difference between what I did say and what you are here implying was said.

It depends on what is said and how it is said - doesn't it. I can think of some 'opinions' that if expressed a little to strongly here could land a person in a small room discussing them with an FBI agent. But all this is so far of from where I started in any initial post I've made its absurd. I'll go back to how the mess in deep state started out. I pointed out an objective truth. I noted such things are not normally tolerated but were being tolerated there. Daring to point out the contradiction landed me in the penalty box. And that is pretty much how every conversation in Civics goes. You guys form a good 'ol boys club. And I'm an outsider making things uncomfortable. Such is life. But if you think there is any more objective reason for your offense, you are deluded.

But you didn't 'turn it around'. You just used the same words in a context where they didn't apply

Jim
        There you go, making yourself the martyr again, Jim.

You made the claim that claiming Ford is wrong or lying is somehow contributing to her abuse. That is pretty clear to understand. Yet when I point out a parallel situation with Kavanaugh, you rightly deny that it is abuse of him. But rather than just admit your first statement was over the top drama queeenery, you not only try to change the scope of the discussion to comments that "could land you in a small room" with the FBI, but paint yourself as the brave person who dares to stand up to the "good old boys club."

Congratulations.
        Last edited by Sparko; 10-15-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Your original post is here. I suggest you reread it.
          I suggest you do. Where did I say NO girls ever lies about sexual assault?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You made the claim that claiming Ford is wrong or lying is somehow contributing to her abuse. That is pretty clear to understand. Yet when I point out a parallel situation with Kavanaugh, you rightly deny that it is abuse of him. But rather than just admit your first statement was over the top drama queeenery, you not only try to change the scope of the discussion to comments that "could land you in a small room" with the FBI, but paint yourself as the brave person who dares to stand up to the "good old boys club."

Congratulations.
            Sparko - at this point there is no point. I don't follow why you cant understand the points I'm making, but at the same time, each time you respond you mangle what was said to the point I have to spend most of the time composing a reply correcting your re-interpretations of the points made - which you then just compound with a new set of reinterpretations or the old set repeated.

So what more can I do? I tried. Once a person reaches this point, where they can't echo back what has been said without distorting it, there really isn't much possibility of further discussion.

We can try again later on another topic and see how it goes.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              The argument is that “no way will we vote for this or any other immoral person" just to get a conservative Justice on the Supreme Court come what may. This is the issue. Despite Machiavelli’s dictum, the end does NOT justify the means if the “means” are hypocritical or immoral. It is also self defeating in that those behaving this way lose the moral high ground they claim to uphold.
              SCOTUS definitely was and is important -- more so than it should be, due to decades of increasing perversion of the distribution of power and responsibility among the three branches.

But I'm highly skeptical that most Evangelicals voted for Trump just because of that. Many that I know would never vote for any candidate that does not at least profess to be Pro-Life, much less a hardcore abortion defender such as Crooked Hil. That fact in and of itself left only one major option.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                SCOTUS definitely was and is important -- more so than it should be, due to decades of increasing perversion of the distribution of power and responsibility among the three branches.

But I'm highly skeptical that most Evangelicals voted for Trump just because of that. Many that I know would never vote for any candidate that does not at least profess to be Pro-Life, much less a hardcore abortion defender such as Crooked Hil. That fact in and of itself left only one major option.
                Most Evangelicals voted for Trump and supported his nominee come what may, because Kavanaugh was a conservative judge whom they hoped would overturn Roe v Wade. This is why Trump selected him, i.e. to pander to his Evangelical base. Trump and his base exercised the Machiavellian dictum that “the end justifies the means” even though, in this instance, the “means” were cynically immoral.

The FBI was not given sufficient direction from the WH to fully investigate the numerous claims of Kavanaugh’s alcoholic past and very real possibility of sexually abusing at least one woman in his Yale days whilst in a drunken state. He was widely known to be a sloppy, aggressive and belligerent drunk. But, obviously Trump and his Evangelical base just didn’t care provided they got their own way. So much for those who claim to hold the moral high ground!
                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Most Evangelicals voted for Trump and supported his nominee come what may, because Kavanaugh was a conservative judge whom they hoped would overturn Roe v Wade. This is why Trump selected him, i.e. to pander to his Evangelical base. Trump and his base exercised the Machiavellian dictum that “the end justifies the means” even though, in this instance, the “means” were cynically immoral.
                  So what? We were electing a President, not a Pope. What he does in his private time is between him and God. What he does publicly affects me, and therefore, we vote on that.

The FBI was not given sufficient direction from the WH to fully investigate the numerous claims of Kavanaugh’s alcoholic past
                  Because it had nothing to do with his ability to wield the gavel.

and very real possibility of sexually abusing at least one woman in his Yale days
                  Her claims were discredited completely.

whilst in a drunken state.
                  Without a single bit of corroboration...

He was widely known to be a sloppy, aggressive and belligerent drunk.
                  As most post-teenage boys in college are. See Ted Kennedy...

But, obviously Trump and his Evangelical base just didn’t care provided they got their own way.
                  He is an upstanding man of good moral character and dedicated to his family. That a man can grow up and mature is like a foreign language to you liberals...

So much for those who claim to hold the moral high ground!
                  Considering you libs have NO morals...
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Congratulations.
                    There is a big difference, dopey. They both have a history, and there is nothing in Dr. Ford's history to suggest she is lying, there is plenty in Kavanaughs history to suggest that he is. Neither one of them is on trial criminally, something you Kavanaugh supporters don't seem to understand, it is a which of the two is more likely to be telling the truth hearing, and that turns out to be Dr. Ford.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      There is a big difference, dopey. They both have a history, and there is nothing in Dr. Ford's history to suggest she is lying, there is plenty in Kavanaughs history to suggest that he is. Neither one of them is on trial criminally, something you Kavanaugh supporters don't seem to understand, it is a which of the two is more likely to be telling the truth hearing, and that turns out to be Dr. Ford.
                      Try to keep up JimL

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Still choosing to go with what you were brainwashed to believe, eh?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Still choosing to go with what you were brainwashed to believe, eh?
                          At this point, I'm wondering of JimL got the whole "brainwashed" schtick from MSNBC, or if he managed to think it up all by his lonesome.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You just hate it that Trump made a promise and actually kept his word. Unfortunately for you anti-Christian bigots - he's been doing a lot of that lately. And BIGLY!

The FBI was not given sufficient direction from the WH to fully investigate the numerous claims of Kavanaugh’s alcoholic past and very real possibility of sexually abusing at least one woman in his Yale days whilst in a drunken state. He was widely known to be a sloppy, aggressive and belligerent drunk. But, obviously Trump and his Evangelical base just didn’t care provided they got their own way. So much for those who claim to hold the moral high ground!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              At this point, I'm wondering of JimL got the whole "brainwashed" schtick from MSNBC, or if he managed to think it up all by his lonesome.
                              He’s likely in shock that the Democrats are currently in the process of gift wrapping congress and handing it over to the Republicans for another 2 years. He can’t seem to accept how badly this attempted smear campaign went since numberous Americans seem to see the charges as unbacked assertions and identify with Kavanaugh over Ford. He acted like a typical young man acted, he might of done some dumb stuff in his youth, might have drunk more than he should have, partied more than he should have, and doesn’t deserve what the Democrats attempted to do. Men look at this and wonder if it could happen to them and women wonder if this could happen to the men in their life. Something you don’t want happening to someone you’re trying to smear as a rapist. I can see why Democrats are in full panic mode right now, they now seems like they have likely gift wrapped the senate over to the Republicans and in danger of the same happening to the house too.
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                He’s likely in shock that the Democrats are currently in the process of gift wrapping congress and handing it over to the Republicans for another 2 years.
                                In what way? Yes, the Repoublicans are almost certain to keep the Senate, but the Democrats seem more likely than not to take the House. The Republicans pulling off an upset victory and keeping the House is of course a possibility (then again, so is the Democrats pulling off an upset victory and winning the Senate), but I'm confused where the idea that it seems very likely the Republicans will maintain control of congress is coming from. The most likely result is Democrat control of the House and Republican control of the Senate.

Comment