Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Jim if you are wrong and she is lying or mistaken, then by supporting her, you are wrong and have contributed to the abuse of an innocent person. Doesn't that bother you at all??
    You would be correct if I had attacked Kavanagh. I have not. I have said there is not sufficient evidemse to denigrate or be hostile to him either. And yes, if I had denigrated Kavanaugh based on a belief Ford is likely telling the truth, the possibility he might be innocent and Forder could be lying would indeed bother me a lot. And that is why I haven't done it.

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      You would be correct if I had attacked Kavanagh. I have not. I have said there is not sufficient evidemse to denigrate or be hostile to him either. And yes, if I had denigrated Kavanaugh based on a belief Ford is likely telling the truth, the possibility he might be innocent and Forder could be lying would indeed bother me a lot. And that is why I haven't done it.

Jim
      You have attacked Kavanaugh just as much as someone defending Kavanaugh is attacking Ford. By believing her you are calling him a sexual predator and liar.

The only fair stance is to say that he is innocent unless she can prove him guilty. That is not calling her a liar, nor him. That is saying nobody can know without some evidence. Shroedinger's cat. until we have a way to measure whether Ford or Kavanaugh is right, the outcome is neither.

Comment

You have attacked Kavanaugh just as much as someone defending Kavanaugh is attacking Ford. By believing her you are calling him a sexual predator and liar.
        If one of these men were the victim of uncorroborated allegations by a woman, and they knew they were innocent, they'd be singing a totally different song. They would not be shaming everybody for not believing her. They would HOPE nobody would believe her.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          If one of these men were the victim of uncorroborated allegations by a woman, and they knew they were innocent, they'd be singing a totally different song. They would not be shaming everybody for not believing her. They would HOPE nobody would believe her.
          some liberal woman creating hoax attacks against herself to get some publicity and sympathy...

HATE CRIME HOAX: Ohio University Student Charged After Claiming She Received Death Threats. She Sent Them To Herself.
          The latest in a long string of hate-crime hoaxes comes from Ohio, where a woman claimed she received death threats — only for police to discover she sent the threats to herself.
          https://www.dailywire.com/news/36969...ign=benshapiro

Seems like this appears a lot in the news, yet people say we HAVE to believe the woman. Apparently not all the time.

This is what the police are for, to check out such accusations before someone gets hurt by a false accusation.

Comment

The only fair stance is to say that he is innocent unless she can prove him guilty. That is not calling her a liar, nor him. That is saying nobody can know without some evidence. Shroedinger's cat. until we have a way to measure whether Ford or Kavanaugh is right, the outcome is neither.
            That is patently absurd. Forming an opinion about the most likely truth is not to attack either person.

1) I have focussed on attacks on Ford like "shes been lyin the whole time" or irrational expectations of a potential assault victim like "if they don't report it right away they should just keep their mouths shut".

2) I have not called out simply expressing the fact one believes Kavanaugh over Ford, or Ford over Kavanaugh. The evidence is inconclusive, different people will find one or the other the more believable.

3) the only fair stance is not to subject either to hostile words or actions regardless of which one we personally find the more believable because there isn't sufficient evidence to justify any such response.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              That is patently absurd. Forming an opinion about the most likely truth is not to attack either person.
              Exactly. So why did you make that claim in the first place?

1) I have focussed on attacks on Ford like "shes been lyin the whole time" or irrational expectations of a potential assault victim like "if they don't report it right away they should just keep their mouths shut".

2) I have not called out simply expressing the fact one believes Kavanaugh over Ford, or Ford over Kavanaugh. The evidence is inconclusive, different people will find one or the other the more believable.

3) the only fair stance is not to subject either to hostile words or actions regardless of which one we personally find the more believable because there isn't sufficient evidence to justify any such response.

Jim
              This is a discussion board. People have opinions, sometimes strong, and they want to express them. That doesn't equate to "contributing to the abuse of an innocent person."

That was more drama queenery. I was just pointing that out to you by turning it around.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                You can micharacterize what I've said all you want MM. You'll not find many actual words about my own actions in these threads. My words are nothing more than calls to general moral principles taught in most major religions and certainly by christ. They are no more self congratulatory than it would be to say it is wrong to have an abortion as birth control, or it is wrong to steal, or it is wrong to hate.
                Your complete lack of self-awareness and introspection is noted.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Exactly. So why did you make that claim in the first place?
                  I didn't. But I don't expect you to understand the difference between what I did say and what you are here implying was said.

This is a discussion board. People have opinions, sometimes strong, and they want to express them. That doesn't equate to "contributing to the abuse of an innocent person."
                  It depends on what is said and how it is said - doesn't it. I can think of some 'opinions' that if expressed a little to strongly here could land a person in a small room discussing them with an FBI agent. But all this is so far of from where I started in any initial post I've made its absurd. I'll go back to how the mess in deep state started out. I pointed out an objective truth. I noted such things are not normally tolerated but were being tolerated there. Daring to point out the contradiction landed me in the penalty box. And that is pretty much how every conversation in Civics goes. You guys form a good 'ol boys club. And I'm an outsider making things uncomfortable. Such is life. But if you think there is any more objective reason for your offense, you are deluded.

That was more drama queenery. I was just pointing that out to you by turning it around.
                  But you didn't 'turn it around'. You just used the same words in a context where they didn't apply

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    A SC confirmation hearing is not a process in which allegations are dependent upon proof beyond doubt, Lilpix. Everyone concerned found Dr. Fords testimony credible, and said so, then they made excuses and said though she is credible, she must be mistaken. But the accusations against him by Dr. Ford and others were not the best reason for not confirming him, that's just what your fearless leaders wanted you to think, which strategy obviously worked, but the best reason for not confirming Kavanaugh was his uncontrolled behavior and lying under oath to congress.
                    Too bad there is absolutely zero evidence to back up a single claim made, huh? Again Jimmy, I don’t care how credible she sounds because human memory is faulty and error prone. That’s why police do intevistigations, look for other witnesses, make a timeline of events, check the story for holes, etc. Every last claim has produced zero evidence and yet you keep wanting to believe, with no evidence. I also keep asking you for evidence Kavanaugh lied and thus far nothing. See, you show you believe what you want to believe, evidence or not. Thus reasoning with you is pointless.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Great because I never said that either. Nice attempt to nitpick something I didn't say though.

I said:

and you proved it by providing sources for me. Great irony. Thanks.
                      Your original post is here. I suggest you reread it.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Jimmy you are such a misogynist. Why don't you believe LPOT? She is a woman. Why would she lie? Women don't lie Jimmy, remember? And calling women names shows what a bigoted woman-hater you are.
                        It doesn’t matter because I stepped off the democrat plantation and therefore deserve everything I get. That’s how Jimmy thinks, you need to think like him or you’re a target for destruction. Why do you think all the racist comments directed against Kanye West are okay or the sexist comments towards any women working in the Trump White House is okay?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jimmy you are such a misogynist. Why don't you believe LPOT? She is a woman. Why would she lie? Women don't lie Jimmy, remember? And calling women names shows what a bigoted woman-hater you are.
                          It has nothing to do with Dr. Fords gender, Sparko. Who ever said that women never lie? You're like LPOT, you just make stuff up that was never said and hope no one notices I guess. And btw, like most all of you here, including yourself, I'm an equal opportunity name caller when deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Too bad there is absolutely zero evidence to back up a single claim made, huh?
                            Oh but there is evidence Lilpix, you just didn't pay attention.

Again Jimmy, I donÂ’t care how credible she sounds because human memory is faulty and error prone.
                            Blah blah blah. She also took a lie detector test, and past. She reported it to people before Kavanaugh was even picked by Trump. She also told the story to her therapist and told her husband who the culprit was long before Trump nominated him. There are also many witnesses, who were not interviewed, who corroborated through the media Dr. Fords depiction of Kavanaugh's character.

ThatÂ’s why police do intevistigations, look for other witnesses, make a timeline of events, check the story for holes, etc.
                            Yeah, too bad the FBI wasn't allowed to look for and investigate those witnesses who were more than willing to testify, eh?

Every last claim has produced zero evidence and yet you keep wanting to believe, with no evidence.
                            No, it's just that as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I also keep asking you for evidence Kavanaugh lied and thus far nothing. See, you show you believe what you want to believe, evidence or not. Thus reasoning with you is pointless.
                            It's hardly worth my time with you Lipix, you could simply google it yourself if you truly cared to know. But here you are. Kavanaugh was found to have lied to Congress back in 2006 when he said under oath that he had nothing to do with the rules governing the detention of combatants, he denied having knowledge of and participating in the GOP's hacking of Senate Democrat computer files which were used to get Bush nominated judges confirmed. And he lied in September concerning the nature of his drinking as well as the meaning of his yearbook entries, i.e. the meaning of "the devils triangle", "Boofing" and Renate Alumnus. The fact that he lied under oath is in itself disqualifying for a seat on the highest court in the land. Now you can have the last word, because reasoning with you is pointless!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              Who? you have evidence she was sexually assaulted?
                              You have evidence she wasn't sexually assaulted?

On balance of probability, given Dr Ford's credible testimony (even acknowledged as such by Trump at the time), combined with Kavanaugh's substantive reputation among contemporary's as an aggressive, belligerent drunk, very likely prone to the memory blackouts commonplace among such people, then is is a reasonable assumption that Kavanaugh is guilty as charged. Unfortunately, the additional corroborative evidence required to reinforce this probability was deliberately curtained by the WH's limitations placed upon the FBI investigation. The WH and Senate were determined to get their man appointed come what may.
                              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Oh but there is evidence Lilpix, you just didn't pay attention.
                                I’m going to call your bluff and ask you to put up or shut up. So where is the evidence?

Blah blah blah. She also took a lie detector test, and past.
                                Lie detector test are not evidence in court Jimmy because they are not perfect and can be beat. And she has refused to turn over the test results. Why?

She reported it to people before Kavanaugh was even picked by Trump.
                                Which wasn’t named in the therapist notes and her friends don’t se to remember.

She also told the story to her therapist and told her husband who the culprit was long before Trump nominated him.
                                And yet, the notes don’t seem to reflect this reality and the named witnesses don’t seem to remember this event ever took place. How drunk was everyone to have memory dumped this event or did it even happen?

There are also many witnesses, who were not interviewed, who corroborated through the media Dr. Fords depiction of Kavanaugh's character.
                                And yet nobody named knows anything about it. Why do you ignore that little detail?

Yeah, too bad the FBI wasn't allowed to look for and investigate those witnesses who were more than willing to testify, eh?
                                Too bad that the senate already did it and everything the senate did was entered into record, along with everything the media would record could be too. Do you even know how FBI background checks work? He’s had 7 now, none seem to recall him being a drunk rapist or organizing gang rape parties.

No, it's just that as usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.
                                And yet here you are spouting off conspiracy theories and still failing to produce a smoking gun.

It's hardly worth my time with you Lipix, you could simply google it yourself if you truly cared to know. But here you are. Kavanaugh was found to have lied to Congress back in 2006 when he said under oath that he had nothing to do with the rules governing the detention of combatants, he denied having knowledge of and participating in the GOP's hacking of Senate Democrat computer files which were used to get Bush nominated judges confirmed. And he lied in September concerning the nature of his drinking as well as the meaning of his yearbook entries, i.e. the meaning of "the devils triangle", "Boofing" and Renate Alumnus. The fact that he lied under oath is in itself disqualifying for a seat on the highest court in the land. Now you can have the last word, because reasoning with you is pointless!
                                Awww yes, ‘Google because I’m too lazy to back up my claims!’ Jimmy. You made the claims, now back them up. Show these lies and the details behind them. Besides, democrats didn’t care when Hillary lied to congress about her e mails, so when do you think Hillary should be arrested and locked away or is lying under oath only a problem when it’s a Republican doing it?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment