Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    People keep calling for an investigation, but seriously...what would the FBI investigate?
    Let's see: Ford doesn't remember when it was, where it was, how she got there, and isn't even consistent on who all was involved. Everyone she accuses of having been there (in one or another of the story's iterations) denies such a thing ever happened. Even taking the allegation at face value, the only law then on the books he'd have violated was underage drinking. Last I checked, the FBI doesn't investigate misdemeanors.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Let's see: Ford doesn't remember when it was, where it was, how she got there, and isn't even consistent on who all was involved. Everyone she accuses of having been there (in one or another of the story's iterations) denies such a thing ever happened. Even taking the allegation at face value, the only law then on the books he'd have violated was underage drinking. Last I checked, the FBI doesn't investigate misdemeanors.
      The only things I can even think for them to do would be to interview her and Kavanaugh. Which makes me wonder: is she even willing to be interviewed?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

People keep calling for an investigation, but seriously...what would the FBI investigate?
        I would investigate if she is colluding with Feinstein and crew to create a diversion and delay. Check their emails. Find out why this was sat on for months. Collusion!!! Get Mueller to investigate!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          She doesn't know how she got there, if she went with anyone else or how she got home. She can't remember whether Kavanaugh and Judge were already upstairs when she went up, or if they came up after her. She originally claimed it was four guys and didn't mention Kavanaugh. And yet her attorney insists her recollection is "crystal clear."

Oh and apparently there was a classmate of Kavanaugh, who lived in a house that matches the description of the house where the party took place and looked a lot alike

And yet in spite of not being able to recall any details or providing contradictory accounts when she tried, Ford insisted that "there is zero chance that I would confuse them." Since there is no evidence that she had ever met Kavanaugh before this alleged incident, how can she be so sure considering how incredibly hazy all the other details are?

I should note that the person who brought up the mistaken identity angle, Ed Whelan, has deleted it since it has opened him up a legal can of worms for him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I would investigate if she is colluding with Feinstein and crew to create a diversion and delay. Check their emails. Find out why this was sat on for months. Collusion!!! Get Mueller to investigate!
            I strongly suspect that she isn't "lying" but rather this is an instance a false memory which commonly result from attempts to uncover the supposed "repressed memories" her psychiatrist apparently tried to do in 2012 and is one of the reasons repressed memory syndrome has largely been discredited.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              She doesn't know how she got there, if she went with anyone else or how she got home. She can't remember whether Kavanaugh and Judge were already upstairs when she went up, or if they came up after her. She originally claimed it was four guys and didn't mention Kavanaugh. And yet her attorney insists her recollection is "crystal clear."

Oh and apparently there was a classmate of Kavanaugh, who lived in a house that matches the description of the house where the party took place and looked a lot alike

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31329[/ATTACH]

And yet in spite of not being able to recall any details or providing contradictory accounts when she tried, Ford insisted that "there is zero chance that I would confuse them." Since there is no evidence that she had ever met Kavanaugh before this alleged incident, how can she be so sure considering how incredibly hazy all the other details are?

I should note that the person who brought up the mistaken identity angle, Ed Whelan, has deleted it since it has opened him up a legal can of worms for him.
              Funny reading the liberal rags condemning Whelan for defamation of character for accusing someone of a crime, and at the same time being totally blind to the fact that is exactly what Ford is doing to Kavanaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                I strongly suspect that she isn't "lying" but rather this is an instance a false memory which commonly result from attempts to uncover the supposed "repressed memories" her psychiatrist apparently tried to do in 2012 and is one of the reasons repressed memory syndrome has largely been discredited.
                Ford is a psychiatrist. A research psychiatrist so she should know better.

Comment

Suicide, stress, divorce -- psychologists and other mental health professionals may actually be more screwed up than the rest of us.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/a...-have-problems
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A comparison might be Dr. Oz (Mehmet Oz), who by all accounts is an excellent cardiothoracic surgeon but who also is constantly promoting medical pseudoscientific claptrap. So much so that a group of prominent doctors wrote to Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeons Dean of the Faculties of Health Sciences and Medicine (where Oz vice-chairman of the department of surgery) demanding that he be dismissed for "repeatedly show[ing] disdain for science and for evidence-based medicine" and misleading and endangering the public by promoting scores of unproven remedies for serious ailments. They accuse him of being "guilty of either outrageous conflicts of interest[1] or flawed judgements about what constitutes appropriate medical treatments, or both."

Further, the BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) published a study demonstrating that only 46% of Oz’s recommendations were based on sound science with the rest either lacking scientific support or were completely contradicted by publicly available data.

So, liked we discussed previously about some PhDs, some can complete nutcases when they get out of their narrow area of expertise even when it has to do with related fields.

1. The later is at least true with his constant promotion of Reiki, a fraudulent energy therapy that claims a long and venerable tradition although it was made up in the 1920s, which coincidentally his wife is a "master" of.
                    Last edited by rogue06; 09-21-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Suicide, stress, divorce -- psychologists and other mental health professionals may actually be more screwed up than the rest of us.

Maybe they become psychiatrists to try to figure out what is wrong with themselves.

Comment

Maybe they become psychiatrists to try to figure out what is wrong with themselves.
                        I guess it is not working to well...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I believe Da Blonde said something of the sort.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It's just a ploy to run out the clock - they know full well this isn't an FBI Investigative subject. But it's all Trump's fault for not CALLING for an FBI investigation.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I just saw some meme that made a good point.

She doesn't remember the year but she remembers she was 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                It's just a ploy to run out the clock - they know full well this isn't an FBI Investigative subject. But it's all Trump's fault for not CALLING for an FBI investigation.
                                yeah because if they could involve the FBI they know it would be bogged down for months.

Comment