Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Which makes it wholly worthless.
    Fixed that for you.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Which makes it pretty much worthless.
      Even worse. It just a letter of support and says nothing about what happened in the school or whether it is true or not. Nobody is saying stuff like that even happened back then. Here is the text of the letter:

September 17, 2018
      To the United States Congress:
      We, of the Holton Arms Class of 1984, are writing on behalf of our
      friend and classmate, Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, to attest to her honesty,
      integrity, and intelligence; and to contend that her
      decision to provide
      information pertaining to a sexual assault is not a partisan act.
      It is an act of
      civic duty and the experience she described in her letter needs to be seriously
      considered.
      We represent all political parties and we support Christine
      bringing this matter forward.
      Christine has had to weigh the personal cost of sharing her experience
      against her own conscience.
      We recognize that this has been an
      extraordinarily difficult decision and admire her courage for being willing to
      speak her
      truth when it would have been easier to stay silent.
      As sexual assault violates a woman’s most fundamental rights, it must
      be considered a failure of character at any age

regardless of the subsequent
      accomplishments and power attained by the offender.
      It
      should not be
      dismissed as youthful bad judgment, however aberrant it may be.
      In light of Christine’s experience, we hold our elected officials
      responsible for conducting a more thorough and comprehensive review of this
      Supreme Court nominee.
      Having ta
      ken this courageous step, Christine
      deserves your due consideration on this serious matter.
      We stand with our friend Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and admire her
      honesty and resolve on behalf of our nation.
      ----
      https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/...tonclass84.pdf

Comment

• "I won't testify until after the FBI investigates"

Wow - if THAT isn't a bare-faced stall tactic.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          "I won't testify until after the FBI investigates"

I know right? They are not even trying to hide it.

They should just say if she doesn't want to testify immediately then they will just go ahead and vote and disregard her assertions (which they should anyway)

Comment

"I won't testify until after the FBI investigates"

Especially after the FBI has already said there's nothing for them to investigate.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Especially after the FBI has already said there's nothing for them to investigate.
              They investigate CRIMES, for cryin' out loud! What CRIME has been committed, aside from the fact that the statute of limitations for ANY alleged crime would have been over decades ago. They're just trying to run out the clock.

The sad thing to me is that the Republicans may not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to this nonsense.

Hear that Tassman? NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Just as I said, they are trying to distance themselves from her so as to not get caught in any blowback when it is shown she is lying.

Also I heard this morning that Ford is saying "she is not ready to speak to congress yet" and Feinstein is trying to get an FBI investigation before she testifies, which I predicted also. Delaying tactics to keep the vote from happening until after November. The Republicans are not giving in to that and said that there is no reason to delay because she is only testifying to her own recollection and the FBI investigation will not impact that. The FBI is saying there is nothing to investigate.

Next move once the delaying is not working anymore is to just not show up. I hope the Republicans force a vote and stop playing the democrats game.
                The problem of course this is not under the FBI's purview. This is something that local law enforcement is in charge of investigating. The problem of course is that it is all but impossible to investigate since the accuser cannot say where it took place (she believes it was probably somewhere in Montgomery County in Virginia) or when (she believes it was some time during the Summer of 1982). An incident that was so traumatic, in which she claims she feared that he/they might well kill her, and yet that's the best she can do.

Personally, I can think back to the couple of pretty hairy incidents from my High School days when I was more than a little bit inebriated and I can take you to the exact location where they took place (even though in the one instance the area has been developed) and give you an exact date. Those sort of things you just don't forget.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The problem of course this is not under the FBI's purview. This is something that local law enforcement is in charge of investigating. The problem of course is that it is all but impossible to investigate since the accuser cannot say where it took place (she believes it was probably somewhere in Montgomery County in Virginia) or when (she believes it was some time during the Summer of 1982). An incident that was so traumatic, in which she claims she feared that he/they might well kill her, and yet that's the best she can do.

Personally, I can think back to the couple of pretty hairy incidents from my High School days when I was more than a little bit inebriated and I can take you to the exact location where they took place (even though in the one instance the area has been developed) and give you an exact date. Those sort of things you just don't forget.
                  Yes sir, and the fact that she never mentioned this to ANYBODY until 2012, and only then because she was being treated for 'relationship issues', and with little to no detail..... Yup, I believe her!!! After all, that suppressed memory syndrome nonsense is GOOD SCIENCE!!!!

Comment

They investigate CRIMES, for cryin' out loud! What CRIME has been committed, aside from the fact that the statute of limitations for ANY alleged crime would have been over decades ago. They're just trying to run out the clock.

The sad thing to me is that the Republicans may not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to this nonsense.

Hear that Tassman? NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Congratulations on remembering to use all caps on "nonsense"

Now we'll work on using the infinity ∞ symbol (use Alt+236) after the exclamation points and to seal the deal use bold, underline and even bright colors for your all caps word.

For example: NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!∞

Who can possibly argue against such a presentation of the facts?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Congratulations on remembering to use all caps on "nonsense"

Now we'll work on using the infinity ∞ symbol (use Alt+236) after the exclamation points and to seal the deal use bold, underline and even bright colors for your all caps word.

Who can possibly argue against such a presentation of the facts?

baby steps

Comment

Yes sir, and the fact that she never mentioned this to ANYBODY until 2012, and only then because she was being treated for 'relationship issues', and with little to no detail..... Yup, I believe her!!! After all, that suppressed memory syndrome nonsense is GOOD SCIENCE!!!!
                        I can understand why she might not have reported it to the authorities or even her parents. After all, she might have snuck out or gone somewhere she was told she was not allowed to go (which would tend to make it more memorable though) or she might have been pretty drunk &/or stoned herself, and didn't want to get in trouble. But to not have told anyone she went with, or her friends at school, or her BFF, or even a sibling... That is more than a little unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

You wouldn't believe some of the stuff that went on in my high school. I had nothing to do with any of it.
                          Unfortunately I can not make such a truthfully make such a claim of innocence for some of the things at my school.

Comment

nonsense.jpg

Comment

The crime they should investigate is if this is a ploy and Ford is lying in collusion with Feinstein and the other dems!

Comment

Unfortunately I can not make such a truthfully make such a claim of innocence for some of the things at my school.
                                I will be sure to hold on to this admission of guilt in case you ever run for office.

Comment