Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This just keeps getting sillier and sillier.

Cristina King Miranda, former classmate of Ford, posted on Facebook that "Many of us heard about it in school and Christine’s recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true. The incident did happen."

When the media started asking for interviews, she quickly deleted the post and said, "Hi all, deleted this because it served its purpose and I am now dealing with a slew of requests for interviews from The Wash Post, CNN, CBS News. Organizing how I want to proceed. Was not ready for that, not sure I am interested in pursuing. Thanks for reading.”

Finally in an interview with NPR she came clean, saying, "That it happened or not, I have no idea, I can’t say that it did or didn’t." So why the lies? "In my post, I was empowered and I was sure it probably did [happen]. I had no idea that I would now have to go to the specifics and defend it before 50 cable channels and have my face spread all over MSNBC and Twitter."

So basically, "I lied because I didn't think anybody would call me on it."

I wish I was making this up.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...nt-did-happen/
    Probably the same thing Ford thought when she made her accusations. That she could just make them and stop Kavanaugh's appointment and not have to defend herself.

Comment

"Many of us heard about it in school and Christine’s recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true. The incident did happen."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        not to mention her account that everybody knew about it conflicted with Ford saying she never told anyone about it until her therapist in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          not to mention her account that everybody knew about it conflicted with Ford saying she never told anyone about it until her therapist in 2012.
          Maybe she repressed her memories of telling everybody!
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            In the best tradition of "blame the victim" as per Trump, 'quelle surprise'.

Why would Professor Ford, who has so much to lose by way of privacy invasion, death threats etc...to the extent that her family has had to go into hiding...make such an accusation against Kavanaugh if it wasn’t true?
            People who hate Trump are often as irrational as those who absolutely Love him IMO. By all accounts, she was an avid Never-Trumper.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              People who hate Trump are often as irrational as those who absolutely Love him IMO. By all accounts, she was an avid Never-Trumper.
              I am thinking the "death threats" are not real, but an excuse to "go into hiding" and further delay the hearing as long as possible.

Comment

I am thinking the "death threats" are not real, but an excuse to "go into hiding" and further delay the hearing as long as possible.
                As I noted earlier I'd be surprised if there weren't death threats made by somebody somewhere but I suspect the going into hiding was more about avoiding the press who were likely encamped outside her home waiting to barrage her with questions many of which could prove awkward.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  As I noted earlier I'd be surprised if there weren't death threats made by somebody somewhere but I suspect the going into hiding was more about avoiding the press who were likely encamped outside her home waiting to barrage her with questions many of which could prove awkward.
                  Are you surprised? The more specific she tries to make her story, the easier it will be to disprove.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    And someone raised $200K for her "security costs"

https://www.gofundme.com/to-cover-dr...security-costs

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      All it confirms is that the girls school had wild parties. She can't remember where it was.
                      Cause and effect?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Republicans should offer her Secret Service protection!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Feinstein is going into damage control mode by accusing the media of "outing" Ford when Feinstein, being the honorable and upstanding Democrat that she is (chortle), wanted to maintain the accuser's anonymity.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...aughs-accuser/

So basically, when this powder keg inevitably blows up in the Democrat party's face, she wants to be able to say, "Hey, it's not my fault!"
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-20-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

I think death threats have probably happened, people send death threats over much dumber things. However, I doubt they're credible, i.e. the people sending them are just being jerks/trolls and have no desire to cause actual physical harm.

Comment

• Now there are threats being made against Kavanaugh's family...

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...apist-husband/

Comment

Are you surprised? The more specific she tries to make her story, the easier it will be to disprove.
                                Why do you assume that Professor Ford has something to hide, and what does Kavanaugh have to fear from an honest open enquiry? There's no hurry...Scalia's seat was vacant for more than 400 days. Surely it is preferable to have the whole thing out in the open. Dr Ford has an established reputation as an honest, rigorous academic and is seen as a woman of great integrity. She deserves to be taken seriously, not slandered by the likes of you and the pro-Trump media, who are behaving as though Kavanaugh is guilty of the sexual aggression of which he's been accused.
                                “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment